Ichiran popup in sg!! Dun say bojio!

StreetFight3r

jw-5d15ce3a673b29.72294290.thumb.jpeg.6b1915f24bf5a6ba43de2eabe56159f6.jpegrtnA4yT.thumb.jpg.f9d204931ffb7e0d4f9e7f62b1b3b89f.jpgIchiran_Midtown_West_36.thumb.jpg.7a670fdf03480b1ed21401617836c367.jpgramen-noodle-in-japan.jpg.0151b787ab795d9b21b30d5c0afa56c5.jpg

The legendary Ichiran is finally coming to Singapore! From 3 to 20 October 2019, Ichiran will be having a pop-up in Singapore at Takashimaya Square as part of the third edition of annual ramen festival Ramen Revolution at the Japan Food Matsuri event

If you’ve ever been to Japan, you’ll know that ramen is a must-try item; leaving Japan without slurping down a bowl of this goodness is an absolute crime! There are a plethora of ramen shops scattered across Japan but one of the more famous brands that is high up on everyone’s list is the well-loved Ichiran.

Ichiran has been widely accepted as the god of tonkatsu ramen and they definitely set a high benchmark for a classic bowl of ramen. We are so damn excited that Ichiran Ramen is finally having a pop-up in Singapore (and hopefully a permanent shop next?!). That means that you no longer have to book a plane ticket to Japan just to satisfy your cravings for a bowl of the best ramen in the world.

The secret to Ichiban’s exceptional tonkotsu ramen is its ambrosial broth; rich, thick and chock full of umami, every sip is pure bliss. Paired together with the ramen noodles which are cooked to perfection — springy, chewy and al dente — and outrageously tender chashu slices, it is no wonder that they are one of the most popular ramen chains in Japan!

Obviously, the experience of Ichiran’s pop-up in Singapore won’t be similar to the shop in Japan since it’s part of a Japanese fair. But still, we are not complaining.

ichiran_hd-1024x640.thumb.jpg.a24b40a3b2c9733019e931616454938f.jpgramen-ticket-machine.jpg.2e1b42c5bba35d02d679074aa6f8f7f2.jpg

For those of you who are not familiar with Ichiran Ramen, what makes Japan’s Ichiran special is the fact that they value alone time and solitary dining so much that they have individual booths where people can huddle up in their own space to enjoy their piping hot bowl of ramen.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that Ichiran Ramen will be opening a permanent shop in Singapore after the pop-up. For now, we are just very happy to know that they will be coming to Singapore, albeit just for two weeks.

Edited by StreetFight3r
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Oh just read the article. Sounds like they are cooking the instant noodles version.

I bought them too from Japan and they tastes ok. But if have to queue, it's gotta at least be fresh ramen!

4 hours ago, badlammy said:

Ya man. They are supposed to be value for money too. Wonder how much they selling per bowl here.

$12 only 700 bowls per day....no worth the time queuing unless those never go Japan before want try 

9 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

$12 only 700 bowls per day....no worth the time queuing unless those never go Japan before want try 

12 buks for beef noodle with egg etc,  cos its 'ramen' plus japan name, ppl go crazy for it

• Praise 1

Not quite a fan of Ichiran. And quite a weird anti-social dining experience

Hv tasted many better Ramen at different places in jeepun

• Praise 4

17 minutes ago, Beregond said:

12 buks for beef noodle with egg etc,  cos its 'ramen' plus japan name, ppl go crazy for it

curry flavor maggi mee with 2-3 eggs, some beef.

yum yum

32 minutes ago, Soya said:

Not quite a fan of Ichiran. And quite a weird anti-social dining experience

Hv tasted many better Ramen at different places in jeepun

I agree.  I have tasted better ones in Sapporo.

Raman is a reasonably cheap, no frills, meal eaten while piping hot and usually in less than 10 mins in Japan, so the solitary set up may make sense in Nihon land.  

It is however not cheap in SG, $15-20 for a single dish that probably cost less to prepare than our less atas laksa?  Few locals is prepared to pay $15-20 for a bowl of premium laksa here. Sounds familiar? Lol

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator
14 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

jw-5d15ce3a673b29.72294290.thumb.jpeg.6b1915f24bf5a6ba43de2eabe56159f6.jpegrtnA4yT.thumb.jpg.f9d204931ffb7e0d4f9e7f62b1b3b89f.jpgIchiran_Midtown_West_36.thumb.jpg.7a670fdf03480b1ed21401617836c367.jpgramen-noodle-in-japan.jpg.0151b787ab795d9b21b30d5c0afa56c5.jpg

The legendary Ichiran is finally coming to Singapore! From 3 to 20 October 2019, Ichiran will be having a pop-up in Singapore at Takashimaya Square as part of the third edition of annual ramen festival Ramen Revolution at the Japan Food Matsuri event

If you’ve ever been to Japan, you’ll know that ramen is a must-try item; leaving Japan without slurping down a bowl of this goodness is an absolute crime! There are a plethora of ramen shops scattered across Japan but one of the more famous brands that is high up on everyone’s list is the well-loved Ichiran.

Ichiran has been widely accepted as the god of tonkatsu ramen and they definitely set a high benchmark for a classic bowl of ramen. We are so damn excited that Ichiran Ramen is finally having a pop-up in Singapore (and hopefully a permanent shop next?!). That means that you no longer have to book a plane ticket to Japan just to satisfy your cravings for a bowl of the best ramen in the world.

The secret to Ichiban’s exceptional tonkotsu ramen is its ambrosial broth; rich, thick and chock full of umami, every sip is pure bliss. Paired together with the ramen noodles which are cooked to perfection — springy, chewy and al dente — and outrageously tender chashu slices, it is no wonder that they are one of the most popular ramen chains in Japan!

Obviously, the experience of Ichiran’s pop-up in Singapore won’t be similar to the shop in Japan since it’s part of a Japanese fair. But still, we are not complaining.

ichiran_hd-1024x640.thumb.jpg.a24b40a3b2c9733019e931616454938f.jpgramen-ticket-machine.jpg.2e1b42c5bba35d02d679074aa6f8f7f2.jpg

For those of you who are not familiar with Ichiran Ramen, what makes Japan’s Ichiran special is the fact that they value alone time and solitary dining so much that they have individual booths where people can huddle up in their own space to enjoy their piping hot bowl of ramen.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that Ichiran Ramen will be opening a permanent shop in Singapore after the pop-up. For now, we are just very happy to know that they will be coming to Singapore, albeit just for two weeks.

Good for ppl who are alone.

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I agree.  I have tasted better ones in Sapporo.

Raman is a reasonably cheap, no frills, meal eaten while piping hot and usually in less than 10 mins in Japan, so the solitary set up may make sense in Nihon land.  

It is however not cheap in SG, $15-20 for a single dish that probably cost less to prepare than our less atas laksa?  Few locals is prepared to pay $15-20 for a bowl of premium laksa here. Sounds familiar? Lol

People come here eat laksa. We go there eat ramen lor. Same what. Lol

• Praise 2

56 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

this 1 is very true.

ppl alway pay more or outside food, like our chicken rice go hongkong sell like bird nest.

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Beregond said:

this 1 is very true.

ppl alway pay more or outside food, like our chicken rice go hongkong sell like bird nest.

I like to eat ramen. But there are some minor differences here in Sg. Think the techniques are all similar since the ones that open in Sg are also Japanese chains.

Mainly I think our pork is not high quality enough. The pork in Taiwan and Japan taste better compared to our indonesian pork. And the pork and some vegetables will affect the broth. 

But actually in normal random Japanese eateries, the ramen also not even as good as the ones in Sg. The good ones in Singapore are around a 7/10 standard lah. 

tried once in Osaka. 5/10. Overrated imo. Many of the small owner-chef ramen joints good enough. Some even damn good. haha

My wife's fav ramen is from a small beach town at Ito, Izu Peninsula

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

These days, I don't eat much ramen in SG, lots of better options out there if I want to pay $20 for a meal.  

I prefer my no frills $4 Song Kee kway teow soup. 

But in Japan, i will go around hunting for best ramen shops. 

• Praise 2

58 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I like to eat ramen. But there are some minor differences here in Sg. Think the techniques are all similar since the ones that open in Sg are also Japanese chains.

Mainly I think our pork is not high quality enough. The pork in Taiwan and Japan taste better compared to our indonesian pork. And the pork and some vegetables will affect the broth. 

But actually in normal random Japanese eateries, the ramen also not even as good as the ones in Sg. The good ones in Singapore are around a 7/10 standard lah. 

You are right but it is not becoz our pork are not good, they are just not as fresh as you thought they are.  

That is also why pork in MY tastes better (of course all the hormones helps too).

• Praise 2

Ichiran ramen is coming to Singapore for the first time in October - but it'll serve instant noodles

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/ichiran-ramen-coming-singapore-first-time-october-itll-serve-instant-noodles?xtor=EREC-16-4[Emarsys_Newsletter]-20190917&extid=6934d0cfb7b252f1ae9f0dbddf5ff88ca8637e77

A Japanese food event featuring a host of delicacies will be held at Takashimaya Square in October. 

But that’s not what everyone’s excited about. 

Ichiran, considered to be the holy grail of tonkotsu ramen for many foodies, will be making its debut in Singapore with a pop-up booth at the Japan Food Matsuri event from Oct 3 to 20

However, instead of fresh noodles, Ichiran's range of "New York Limited" instant ramen will be cooked and served at the pop-up.

It'll be topped with the chain's signature spicy seasoning, along with green onions and kikurage (wood ear) mushroom.

Each bowl will be priced at $12 and is limited to 700 servings a day. Pricing-wise, it's not that far off from Ichiran's regular bowl which goes for 890 yen ($11.30). But considering it is basically instant noodles, we don't exactly know how to feel.

Granted, we've tried cooking Ichiran's signature instant ramen and while it fared better than most instant ramen out there, it's still a far cry from the real deal. None of that awesome Osukaran black vinegar packed in the box either.

More interestingly, the pop-up will reportedly feature the signature solo booths with bamboo shutters found in the restaurants. To add to the ambience while you're slurping up the instant noodles, we suppose. 

If you don’t wish to queue for the experience — and we know there'll be a queue — the instant noodles will be sold in a box of three for $35. Which will itself be limited to 200 boxes a day.

Outside of Japan, Ichiran outlets can also be found in New York, Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Besides Ichiran, pastry shop Zaku Zaku, famed for their cream-filled choux puffs, will also be offering soft serves at the event alongside Bake's matcha cheese tarts. 

Perhaps one can hope that the pop-up is Ichiran's testbed before they consider bringing the noodle chain to our shores? Fingers crossed. 

Ichiran_.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1