Cars@Expo Oct 2019

Lotr

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

In SGP,  the car sales volume is capped by monthly COE quota, and  COE have been over subscribed with or without car show in every bidding exercise. Dealers know that the more booking they secure , the higher COE they  will have to bid, therefore they will not give real discount during car show to get themselves into COE bidding trouble.  Think about it, has anyone heard of any good deal in the recent past like someone got a $5k discount from car show ? 

The only advantage of car show these days is that one could see more than one  brands under one roof, plus maybe a few free plastic bags. 

Sales volume is capped by COE quota is a fact. If there are 100 car dealers, doesn’t mean 100 times more car to be sold. There is only limited COE for new car registrations. That’s why most authorized car dealers give 3months to pass you the new car, to spread out the bidding of COE.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Expo Floor Plan 

Those looking for Merc, Honda, Opel, Mini, or Porsche maybe can check out the Pre-owned booths

carsExpo_floorplan.jpg

• Praise 3

Just went to it (just up the road from me). 

Pretty quiet at the car expo section, but a lot going on in the expo (eg Malaysia Tourism, India food festival, wintertime sale). 

Been to every expo since start of last year - it's really the same every time, even the layouts. Only thing that changes is the prices that usually go up despite discounts. 

Maybe the car colours change, but otherwise same models, few people. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

OK I will take everybody advice and not buy during the car shows. 

:D

I will buy during the non car shows to get a better price. 

I guess car shows are only good for seeing the new models. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

OK I will take everybody advice and not buy during the car shows. 

:D

I will buy during the non car shows to get a better price. 

I guess car shows are only good for seeing the new models. 

And all here know you only take your MIL Advice without fail 🤣🤣

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 4

Twincharged

Late afternoon crowd was decent like in past years.

The most crowded occupied tables were at BMW

Counted 8-9 occupied tables with an SE and customers

Think still useful for those who want to drop by to see several models at one go

New BMW 320i on display. Q60 on display also looks nice.

Can  go over to other halls, Malaysian holiday travels, Indian festival and cookware 

• Praise 9

10 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Whole day ? The show only occupies 2 halls.  Nothing much really. 

Nothing attractive?

Drop by the car Expo for a short 30 minutes while on the way to fetch my wife, and manage to check out the new Q3, priced at $159,999 with VC. While the interior look very high tech, trendy and well put together, bits of hard plastic and the flimsy door closing mechanism say otherwise.

UEt8gIz.jpg

pjiRkmA.jpg

Surprisingly the deal for BMW X1 is quite attractive (last 7 units as of 5:30pm), partially because PML is clearing stock for the LCI model, which is scheduled to debut next week. Priced at $139,888 with X Line trim and digital speedometer, there are nothing to be faulted, and it is confirm more spacious than the new Q3. A good buy for those who don't mind the 1.5T 3 cylinder petrol engine (140ps 220Nm). One thing very weird, the LCI model will attract a $10K VES surcharge (current model is at neutral band)?! 

bXnQLO0.jpg

nNLjdCA.jpg

• Praise 18

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Drop by the car Expo for a short 30 minutes while on the way to fetch my wife, and manage to check out the new Q3, priced at $159,999 with VC. While the interior look very high tech, trendy and well put together, bits of hard plastic and the flimsy door closing mechanism say otherwise.

UEt8gIz.jpg

pjiRkmA.jpg

Surprisingly the deal for BMW X1 is quite attractive (last 7 units as of 5:30pm), partially because PML is clearing stock for the LCI model, which is scheduled to debut next week. Priced at $139,888 with X Line trim and digital speedometer, there are nothing to be faulted, and it is confirm more spacious than the new Q3. A good buy for those who don't mind the 1.5T 3 cylinder petrol engine (140ps 220Nm). One thing very weird, the LCI model will attract a $10K VES surcharge (current model is at neutral band)?! 

bXnQLO0.jpg

nNLjdCA.jpg

got more photos?

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

I went in the afternoon to see see. Nothing much leh.

The crowd wasn't that great either. I was expecting more people actually.

People are worried about their jobs.  Retrenchment can hit anyone. Now is not the time to buy. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

People are worried about their jobs.  Retrenchment can hit anyone. Now is not the time to buy. 

There will be a small amount of people  who are not worried about their jobs, COE quota is so limited that this small group of people  is enough to keep the COE price going.  By now everyone knows that SGP car show is a waste of time. Dealers also know that with or without car show, the total amount of cars the industry could sell is limited by the COE quota, what diff a car show is going to make in putting more cars on the road ? There is no need to have  huge crowd to show up in a car show.

Car show is becoming  a place  for dealers to show their presence, not to secure more order. They cannot tell customers that they have to raise price because of more booking, so they will go there to pretend like there is good deal, but ask ourselves, who has gotten any good deal from car show ? Maybe some discount for a test drive car at best.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

32 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

There will be a small amount of people  who are not worried about their jobs, COE quota is so limited that this small group of people  is enough to keep the COE price going.  By now everyone knows that SGP car show is a waste of time. Dealers also know that with or without car show, the total amount of cars the industry could sell is limited by the COE quota, what diff a car show is going to make in putting more cars on the road ? There is no need to have  huge crowd to show up in a car show.

Car show is becoming  a place  for dealers to show their presence, not to secure more order. They cannot tell customers that they have to raise price because of more booking, so they will go there to pretend like there is good deal, but ask ourselves, who has gotten any good deal from car show ? Maybe some discount for a test drive car at best.

At least one David Lo thinks there good deals and acts on them, twice in 3 years.

From today's ST:

The Cars@Expo brings brands together When sales manager David Lo, 44, turned up at The Cars@Expo 2019 show yesterday, he came ready with a plan. He said: "I've returned again to The Cars@Expo after purchasing a car in 2016 as you can really find better deals and discounts here. Although ST PHOTO: NG SOR LUAN Published 4 hours ago Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Email  When sales manager David Lo, 44, turned up at The Cars@Expo 2019 show yesterday, he came ready with a plan.  He said: "I've returned again to The Cars@Expo after purchasing a car in 2016 as you can really find better deals and discounts here. Although I have visited the showrooms, I still made my way down on the first day to buy my next car. This is also the car show that brings the brands together."  He ended up being the first car buyer of the day at the biannual car show.  Held at Singapore Expo's Hall 3 and 4, the show is organised by Singapore Press Holdings and co-organised by sgCarMart.  In its 10th edition this year, the show offers attractive deals from brand names like Audi, BMW and Jaguar, as well as dealers of pre-owned cars. The show, which is on from 10am to 8pm, ends today. For details, visit carsatexpo.sg

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Mr. Lo is one of those determined to walk away with a car purchase when he set foot in there. One cannot dissuade such customers.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Lotr said:

At least one David Lo thinks there good deals and acts on them, twice in 3 years.

From today's ST:

The Cars@Expo brings brands together When sales manager David Lo, 44, turned up at The Cars@Expo 2019 show yesterday, he came ready with a plan. He said: "I've returned again to The Cars@Expo after purchasing a car in 2016 as you can really find better deals and discounts here. Although ST PHOTO: NG SOR LUAN Published 4 hours ago Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Email  When sales manager David Lo, 44, turned up at The Cars@Expo 2019 show yesterday, he came ready with a plan.  He said: "I've returned again to The Cars@Expo after purchasing a car in 2016 as you can really find better deals and discounts here. Although I have visited the showrooms, I still made my way down on the first day to buy my next car. This is also the car show that brings the brands together."  He ended up being the first car buyer of the day at the biannual car show.  Held at Singapore Expo's Hall 3 and 4, the show is organised by Singapore Press Holdings and co-organised by sgCarMart.  In its 10th edition this year, the show offers attractive deals from brand names like Audi, BMW and Jaguar, as well as dealers of pre-owned cars. The show, which is on from 10am to 8pm, ends today. For details, visit carsatexpo.sg

自编自导自演?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3