Cars@Expo Oct 2019

Lotr

not been to the expo, but some thots on it ... 

- many new cars on roads, who else going to buy?  for those who bought last year, I see some buyers cannot tahan and start selling due to finance and other issues

- last year car expo supposed to have best deal.  In fact, better deals came after the show. Imagine the feeling that u have scored a good deal at expo show, but turns out otherwise 

- car buyers want to get other stuff, but looks like few accessories exhibitors like Autobacs 

Edited by Gz0707

5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

There will be a small amount of people  who are not worried about their jobs, COE quota is so limited that this small group of people  is enough to keep the COE price going.  By now everyone knows that SGP car show is a waste of time. Dealers also know that with or without car show, the total amount of cars the industry could sell is limited by the COE quota, what diff a car show is going to make in putting more cars on the road ? There is no need to have  huge crowd to show up in a car show.

Car show is becoming  a place  for dealers to show their presence, not to secure more order. They cannot tell customers that they have to raise price because of more booking, so they will go there to pretend like there is good deal, but ask ourselves, who has gotten any good deal from car show ? Maybe some discount for a test drive car at best.

I think in our unique market, it's not about more sales, but about market share.

You sell one more car, means your competitor sell one less car. So it's like survival of the fittest in a way.

• Praise 3

Supercharged
5 hours ago, camrysfe said:

image.thumb.jpg.facb95378b14b1c9d9ba2ce196b0f13f.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.a6ab2438933614738c42b164fb5ae88f.jpg

lexus

For NX300 exec (5yo model), their basic cost (from ONEMOTORING car costs Excel) is only 152k, so their "special" price of 194+k is around 40k margin.

In 2015, my NX200t was only 30k margin for a new model that just launch 1 year ago.

Not sure what is their competitiveness.

For slightly higher cost, I rather go for X3 2.0sdrive.

• Praise 2

54 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

For NX300 exec (5yo model), their basic cost (from ONEMOTORING car costs Excel) is only 152k, so their "special" price of 194+k is around 40k margin.

In 2015, my NX200t was only 30k margin for a new model that just launch 1 year ago.

Not sure what is their competitiveness.

For slightly higher cost, I rather go for X3 2.0sdrive.

think can still go lower one. 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Gz0707 said:

- many new cars on roads, who else going to buy?  for those who bought last year, I see some buyers cannot tahan and start selling due to finance and other issues

- last year car expo supposed to have best deal.  In fact, better deals came after the show. Imagine the feeling that u have scored a good deal at expo show, but turns out otherwise 

- car buyers want to get other stuff, but looks like few accessories exhibitors like Autobacs 

Really?

23 hours ago, camrysfe said:

got more photos?

Nope, as I only have 30 min. And I can count the no. of car I have check out at the show, beside Q3 & X1.

A6: It seems much more spacious than the previous model, and the full LED taillight look better than the larger A8

ES300h: I simply cannot imagine the amount of space in the cabin, even after I left Lexus booth. Where did the engineer "hide" the batteries?

Jimny 1.5: Surprisingly, it is now band neutral (no VES rebate/surcharge). I would say it is a serious off-roader and the built is nothing but rugged and functional

X3: The car look and feel good overall. While it has a bench seat without much contour (unlike say Audi), it offer the best seating position among the mid size SUV

320i: Look great, nice and supporting seats, improved packaging to squeeze out more space in the cabin, BUT the door closing sound is now like a Jap / Kor car?!

19 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

I went in the afternoon to see see. Nothing much leh.

The crowd wasn't that great either. I was expecting more people actually.

I was there yesterday between 5 - 5:30pm, quite crowded actually. But to be fair, I am only at the entrance area, so probably is an illusion, since all visitors have to go through that area to get into and out of the hall... [:p]

10 hours ago, Gz0707 said:

There are also potential buyers looking at paying lower monthly installment, getting some cash back from trading-in their 2 - 3 years old ride (with higher COE), etc. Singapore is a unique market in term of automotive sales, so whichever dealer can come out with "creative" ideas may get some customers in the bag during the show.

As for better deals after the show, that depends on how hungry is the AD and SE, as well as how well prepared is the buyer. I am one that get a better deal after 2016 car show (I did not even visit the show but get updates from my SE), despite COE headed north by a few K, I eventually got my ride at an even lower price...[cool]

• Praise 11

14 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Apparently despite the lacklustre response, there were a few hundred sales over the weekend.

Next round COE sure jump.

Tink many were planning to buy anyway. If no expo event, they would hv gone to showroom to buy

And maybe a few fence sitters who were nudged by the offers

If depend on look see look see ppl like me, COE sure crash.....lol

I was at the Expo and I thought Volvo gave a fair price for their cars eg base s60 T4 was going for $159k, base XC40 T4 was going for $145k both with guaranteed COE. 

Am I wrong that it's a fair price? Seems a lot of pessimists here who are not convinced that the Expo show does give discounts. 

• Praise 5

14 minutes ago, Spring said:

I was at the Expo and I thought Volvo gave a fair price for their cars eg base s60 T4 was going for $159k, base XC40 T4 was going for $145k both with guaranteed COE. 

Am I wrong that it's a fair price? Seems a lot of pessimists here who are not convinced that the Expo show does give discounts. 

When you realize just how low most Volvo OMV are, you will know if those prices are 'fair' or not. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3