Cars@Expo Oct 2019

Lotr

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

When you realize just how low most Volvo OMV are, you will know if those prices are 'fair' or not. 

Actually I also posted about low Volvo OMV in other threads before if u hv followed my posts so I'm aware of this.

The OMV of the s60 t4 is about $34k and hence the margin is $26k whilst the OMV of the XC40 is about $28k with margin at $28k and this price is lower than what u would get in the showroom on normal days. Hence my conclusion that it's fair and there is a real discount at Expo which is contrary to what some have posted.    

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Actually I also posted about low Volvo OMV in other threads before if u hv followed my posts so I'm aware of this.

The OMV of the s60 t4 is about $34k and hence the margin is $26k whilst the OMV of the XC40 is about $28k with margin at $28k and this price is lower than what u would get in the showroom on normal days. Hence my conclusion that it's fair and there is a real discount at Expo which is contrary to what some have posted.    

S60 T4 at 159k is a good deal. Pre expo price after discount /overtrade was 165k

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Lotr said:

S60 T4 at 159k is a good deal. Pre expo price after discount /overtrade was 165k

Thks for sharing! I don't follow Volvo prices hence not 100% sure if it was a good deal or not but an educated guess based on some research n I leaned towards it being a fair deal. Naysayers condemning the Car Expo show as gimmicky etc doesn't help matters and creates confusion, doubt. There are good deals to sniff out at Car Expo just that u have to be prepared with your homework etc before hand and sniff out the better deals from the normal ones.

From what I understand, factory subsidy from Principal helps in the lowering of prices during car shows so unfair to paint all the AD deals as gimmicks.

Having said that, unfortunately I'm not in the market for a saloon but I was impressed with this s60 and also the Audi Q3.

• Praise 9

12 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

It's made in China right?

Only s90 n I think XC60 are MIC

The s60 is Made in USA, v60 and xc40 are Made in Belgium whilst the xc90 is still Made in Sweden as per the SE. 

• Praise 8

2 minutes ago, Spring said:

Only s90 n I think XC60 are MIC

The s60 is Made in USA, v60 and xc40 are Made in Belgium whilst the xc90 is still Made in Sweden as per the SE. 

Now then i know some of the volvo models selling here are MIC?! :o

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I did read that it's now made in China.  And omv super low.  Maybe later on whole range sold in spore will be from china. 

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

U really don't know Volvo belongs to Geely now? Geely is one of the most capable auto company in China. They are slated to overtake GM and Toyota soon.

Geely will build their RHD models at Proton plant in bolehland soon. And then export to the region

We will get Geely cars sometime next year too

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

U really don't know Volvo belongs to Geely now? Geely is one of the most capable auto company in China. They are slated to overtake GM and Toyota soon.

Geely will build their RHD models at Proton plant in bolehland soon. And then export to the region

We will get Geely cars sometime next year too

I know that and thought MIC volvo only for china market. Din know that they sell to sg market as well. Lol.

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I know that and thought MIC volvo only for china market. Din know that they sell to sg market as well. Lol.

Geely has all the capacity and factory space, skills to build such refined cars la

I wonder why some are still making wild guess about the manufacturing location, when everything are readily available on sgcarmart.com?:wut:

Belgium: XC40

China: XC60, S90

Sweden: V60, V90, XC90

USA: S60

5pJT5hD.png

R8O6ABL.png

6Iu8Q9Z.png

Dki0EsK.png

KO2DC6n.png

AuAnfAK.png

u9qFJEO.png

• Praise 10

Turbocharged

After watching this documentary, I find ang moh workers are lazy, inefficient and unproductive. Made In China for the win!!!!

2 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

After watching this documentary, I find ang moh workers are lazy, inefficient and unproductive. Made In China for the win!!!!

Very true. How can ang mo compete with us Chinese and asians in terms of hardwork and 'can do' attitude? 

Ever wonder why its always the asian makes that offers excellent build quality and overall finish? Those models that are made in western countries are either sloppy built or with inconsistent build quality. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

I was at the expo too and following Volvo's price for a fair bit.  The S60and S90 selling at 159K and 177K respectively last Saturday seems like a good deal.  This is inclusive of their 5 years servicing.

Agree that in the past, the listed price vs the OMV does not seem like a good deal. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

I wonder why some are still making wild guess about the manufacturing location, when everything are readily available on sgcarmart.com?:wut:

Belgium: XC40

China: XC60, S90

Sweden: V60, V90, XC90

USA: S60

Hmmmm why would VV built their cars in those countries ........... 😅 

S90 in China ? OMG ! ............... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2