Cars@Expo Oct 2019

Lotr

28 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

You obviously dun own a Toyota.

To be fair, he was right to a certain deg. The original Soluna was a total POS in terms of build quality and design. The 1st gen Vios also. 

The G9 Altis build quality was noticeably worse than the Hipporolla of the same era... And I can confirm becos I used to own a Hipporolla 1.6 and a 1st batch Altis 1.8 back then. But Altis 1.8 was noticably quieter and less hollow sounding than the Hipporolla, esp at speed. 

The ACV30 Camry build quality was indeed a grade below XCV30 Camry of the same era too. 

But...but... all these examples, pls remind me what year were they from back then?😄 I find it incredible that Toyota Thailand didn't improve on the build quality and materials used after so many years... And that Toyota actually invest even more $$ into Thailand ops to build hybrids and their batt despite offering crappy finished cars at the same time?

↡ Advertisement

15 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Please la, Made in China very bad meh. All your iPhone and computer also Made in China now, everyone still buy.

I've visited car factories in Europe and China, and honestly sometimes the QC in Europe is even slacker than Asia.

Let's not put these ang mohs on a pedestal all the time. Look at things objectively. Whatever you think of China, it's a fact that their manufacturing quality is capable of reaching a very high standard now. If not why would all these companies have facilities there.

I agree with your point on made in China quality. They are fully capable of producing high quality stuffs.

As this is the luxury market that we are talking about. Where prestige and emotions are king, driving a luxury car made in China will not ring well for most. Perhaps 10 years later, it may be more acceptable.

Just imagine Rolex starts to make their watches in Mexico instead of Switzerland.... 

13 hours ago, Scion said:

i for one support MIC one... especially cheap and good eg Xiaomi :D

If they price the Volvo's more cheaply, I believe many will take the plunge...including me! 😅

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Even the made in Japan Toyota Harrier auto boot release function is installed in Singapore, despite an OMV of $30K.

The Harrier actually doesn't have a powered tailgate. Pretty dated design already.

Hence BM used taobao parts and have the structs installed locally. Quite a few AD and PI already doing this to 'add value' to the cars they sell. You can ask them not to install if u want. 

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, car50 said:

S60T4 and S90 at 159k and 177k, with conditions attached are at the cheapest since launch

However, if one compares with some of the periods in 2013 where coe was much higher, the price may still on the high side

e.g in march 2013, s60 T4 (previous model, but new one at that time) was 149k with coe at around 60k

coe is 37-38k now

of course one can argue about omv an the ves tax

s60 will sell very well if they price it closer to 150k, brand wise hard to compete with 320 (189k) and Merc A-C series (150-180k) 

S90 quite attractive price ..  spacious too. 

• Praise 7

On 10/8/2019 at 5:54 PM, Angcheek said:

Hmmmm why would VV built their cars in those countries ........... 😅 

S90 in China ? OMG ! ............... 

for those who don't know, china has a high import tax for cars. so the way around this is to built factories in the country. that way, they save on costs and can lower the prices since it's not subjected to income tax. additionally, it is sustainable given the population in china and the amount of cars people buy. big manufacturers like audi, mercedes and bmw all have local variants not exported to anywhere in the world such as 3 and 5series LWB, A class LWB and Q5L. you should take a look at carwow's shanghai auto show and see the sheer size of it and the models (especially the volvo blonde) involved.. whether they choose to export from there will be another question. but it seems like volvo has done so. although it will be complicated since it's all LHD built for most. whereas your south africa BMWs are all RHD.

Edited by louisbosco
  • Praise 3

On 10/9/2019 at 11:44 AM, Cheefarn said:

The Harrier actually doesn't have a powered tailgate. Pretty dated design already.

Hence BM used taobao parts and have the structs installed locally. Quite a few AD and PI already doing this to 'add value' to the cars they sell. You can ask them not to install if u want. 

I guess toyota cars in terms of features, they are using dated design? Funny thing is toyota cars still popular with buyers?! Lol.

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I guess toyota cars in terms of features, they are using dated design? Funny thing is toyota cars still popular with buyers?! Lol.

To many, a car is juz an appliance. No need latest tech. Can function without any fuss, got jeepun brand, can liao

Juz like how I buy my toaster or fridge

• Praise 3

On 10/9/2019 at 12:48 AM, Lycanthrope said:

i will wait for the new proton suv then

My friend bought X90 with 19” wheel.

He is seeking advice on FB what bar to install as the car is floaty doing high speed cornering

2 hours ago, Soya said:

To many, a car is juz an appliance. No need latest tech. Can function without any fuss, got jeepun brand, can liao

Juz like how I buy my toaster or fridge

True. Most importantly not much problems.

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

People go ktv never complain MIC no good.

:D

Mic some very hairy n smelly

Their accent also damn irritating

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1