Cars@Expo Oct 2019

Lotr

3 hours ago, Davidtch said:

My friend bought X90 with 19” wheel.

He is seeking advice on FB what bar to install as the car is floaty doing high speed cornering

Chocolate bar la. Simi strut bar install won't help. If want, den try thicker anti roll bar, but that won't prevent "floaty" feeling, will only reduce roll. If install wrong, will also affect the car balance. To reduce floaty feeling is change entire suspension setup liao. Everything here is warranty up lorry. 

Tbh roll and "floaty" feeling is not a bad thing on road cars as it gives u a much better idea of what the car is doing and it's limits. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, Kia7200 said:

Mic some very hairy n smelly

Their accent also damn irritating

That’s a sweeping statement....

MIC also got many categories one lei...

End of the day, MIC for the win🙏🏻🙃

• Praise 8

39 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Chocolate bar la. Simi strut bar install won't help. If want, den try thicker anti roll bar, but that won't prevent "floaty" feeling, will only reduce roll. If install wrong, will also affect the car balance. To reduce floaty feeling is change entire suspension setup liao. Everything here is warranty up lorry. 

Tbh roll and "floaty" feeling is not a bad thing on road cars as it gives u a much better idea of what the car is doing and it's limits. 

I told him to sell that SUV.  It is worse than pickup truck.

20 hours ago, Davidtch said:

I told him to sell that SUV.  It is worse than pickup truck.

If he wanted to high-speed corner, then don't get a large and heavy SUV or a Volvo! 

3 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

X90 not proton ah? 

Whoops. Read it as XC90. 

Still holds true though. If you want to high speed corner, don't get a large, heavy SUV or a Proton. 

4 minutes ago, GTO-1 said:

Whoops. Read it as XC90. 

Still holds true though. If you want to high speed corner, don't get a large, heavy SUV or a Proton. 

I drove Mitsubishi Triton up Cameron.  Average speed 80km/h.

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

I drove Mitsubishi Triton up Cameron.  Average speed 80km/h.

Good for you. Glad you survived. 

I probably wouldn't. Too risky in a car with a high centre of gravity and not designed for going fast around corners, and not to mention with other drivers around that are quite reckless. Heck, I wouldn't even do that with a BMW X5M or Porsche. I worry more about the others on the road and knowing what's around the next corner than going quickly.