The Merlion Will Be Demolished To Make Way For A $90 Million Pedestrian Bridge

BabyBlade

11 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Singapore has a penchant for building and demolishing and building and demolishing.

Like our roads. Dig and patch and dig and patch again.

Jin bo liao 🤣

Agree. Very waste of money.

Worse one ever was Budget Terminal.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 9/20/2019 at 11:53 PM, Tianmo said:

The title is so misleading. -_-

Please indicate that it is the Merlion of Sentosa,  and NOT the Guardian of our island located at the Merlion park. 

The Merlion at the Merlion park,  is the mascot of Singapore,  and our Guardian from evil attacks from the sea.  It will never be demolish. Please go read up on how much was taken into the relocation in 2002, and how respectful our senior leaders are towards the Merlion. 

The one at sentosa?  That was always a tourists attraction,  and nothing wrong to demolish a tourists attraction to make way for better attractions. 

It really gave me a shock had I not read the whole thing. Totally misleading and unacceptable. 

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  this cracked me up so badly. Pray tell.. from which official narrative did you read about this? Maybe it can launch air strikes or generate seismic waves too?

21 hours ago, Tianmo said:

It was rumor that 宏船法师 advised the late LKY to build such a statue, and placed it facing Indonesia. 

Politically he need a valid reason to do it, and TDB was given the task. 

Guardian of the Island or just  marketing gimmick to bluff children and tourists, it is up to what anyone choose to believe. Not my job to convince. 

I choose to believe in Feng shui. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Off topic but similar rumors of Bukit brown cemetery being left untouched till after 2011 when he stepped down

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Agree. Very waste of money.

Worse one ever was Budget Terminal.

Ya. The the bloody waste of time naming contest!!! Hahah!

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Singapore has a penchant for building and demolishing and building and demolishing.

Like our roads. Dig and patch and dig and patch again.

Jin bo liao 🤣

Still not so bad as shopping centres. Every 3 years need to renovate the shops. Else get kicked out. 

37 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Still not so bad as shopping centres. Every 3 years need to renovate the shops. Else get kicked out. 

Wow !!😲 didn’t know that , what about super markets n anchor tenants ?? It’s a sheer waste of resources and adds to carbon footprint not mentioning disruption of the biz also 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Wow !!😲 didn’t know that , what about super markets n anchor tenants ?? It’s a sheer waste of resources and adds to carbon footprint not mentioning disruption of the biz also 

Wasting resources and adding carbon footprint add to GDP... And it's not sustainable for sure. On the other hand, KTV and massages also adds to GDP without depleting resources not add significant carbon footprint. 

So those who want to save both the earth and the econmy, you know what to do! 

Edited by Volvobrick

23 hours ago, Kusje said:

These days, such unverified rumors are also known as fake news.

Some say... it got special powers. 

coin4.jpg

Edited by Playtime

On 9/20/2019 at 11:53 PM, Tianmo said:

The title is so misleading. -_-

Please indicate that it is the Merlion of Sentosa,  and NOT the Guardian of our island located at the Merlion park. 

The Merlion at the Merlion park,  is the mascot of Singapore,  and our Guardian from evil attacks from the sea.  It will never be demolish. Please go read up on how much was taken into the relocation in 2002, and how respectful our senior leaders are towards the Merlion. 

The one at sentosa?  That was always a tourists attraction,  and nothing wrong to demolish a tourists attraction to make way for better attractions. 

It really gave me a shock had I not read the whole thing. Totally misleading and unacceptable. 

That one that kana strike by lightning? 

Did i rem was Twice ? 

😜

• Praise 3

On 9/21/2019 at 11:54 AM, Hamburger said:

I gave it a long and careful thought as I do not want to make unconstuctive statement. 

Only this comes to mind. Wasting tax payers money. 

Wow ...  Constructive indeed  😜 some will never understand ur thoughts. 👍

• Praise 3

On 9/21/2019 at 1:24 PM, Kyrios said:

Still this so called fake merlion is still way bigger than the one at singapore river area..

I think they just wan to bluff the Thunder God so it wouldnt strike the real one 3rd time . 😂

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Ya. The the bloody waste of time naming contest!!! Hahah!

Plus......drum roll....the tearing down and rebuild of the floating platform....and...... building a national stadium we cant use for nat day parade...these sure baffle me lots..

While i understand the need for rejuvenation...these folks really overdo it by miles...prop up GDP artificially...

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

25 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Plus......drum roll....the tearing down and rebuild of the floating platform....and...... building a national stadium we cant use for nat day parade...these sure baffle me lots..

While i understand the need for rejuvenation...these folks really overdo it by miles...prop up GDP artificially...

And many more classic boo boos that got swept under the carpet. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kyrios said:

Ya. The floating platform really baffles me a lot.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Playtime said:

Some say... it got special powers. 

coin4.jpg

This one and many others I can confirm so it isn't fake news.

Just the other day, I gave 2 of these to some fellow and he gave me a drink.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4