Handphone cracked glass screen repair

Lala81

Know there are previous threads on this. But the search can't turn up anything good beyond individual posts. Any places to get speedy repair for s9+screen? 

My friend recommended me Gary. But ordering in the part takes one week. So just wondering if got other alternatives. 

IMG-20190921-WA0014_compress40.jpg

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

People's Park Centre has one shop that does it on the spot. I never used them before though ... came across them last year when searching for a shop to replace my iPad screen. 

Can find them on Carousell.

I did it at LYK near Tai Seng eventually. 

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Did you try asking around those phone shop around HDB town center.

They did repair also, exchange to original display. 

I think this one the guy doing must have good reputation. The quality of the oem parts got big difference. Changing it is not difficult, just  whether u trust the workshop. 

7 minutes ago, Othello said:

People's Park Centre has one shop that does it on the spot. I never used them before though ... came across them last year when searching for a shop to replace my iPad screen. 

Can find them on Carousell.

I did it at LYK near Tai Seng eventually. 

Think curved glass can't do on the spot. Mostly quoted as half day to one day promise only. 

16 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I think this one the guy doing must have good reputation. The quality of the oem parts got big difference. Changing it is not difficult, just  whether u trust the workshop. 

Get the original samsung screen if you want the quality. If not they give you china made OLED. 

But China quality are very good now, like Huawei phone. OLED display should be made by BOE.

I change before long long time ago, my S4 at Hougang  center.  Original samsung S4 oled display. 

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 2

Second floor of the HDB block opposite “four horse road” GuanYin temple. 

The shop is at the extreme opposite end of that block directly in front of the staircase facing Bugis+ 

Can’t remember the shop name but their service and pricing good enough to make return visits. I have to date repaired a Xiaomi, Samsung, Sony hp with them...

Need to give them some time though. I usually go shopping makan then collect few hours later. If they can’t deliver on the same day they’d tell you on the spot to let you decide whether to proceed with the repair or collect the next day. 

• Praise 2

43 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Second floor of the HDB block opposite “four horse road” GuanYin temple. 

The shop is at the extreme opposite end of that block directly in front of the staircase facing Bugis+ 

Can’t remember the shop name but their service and pricing good enough to make return visits. I have to date repaired a Xiaomi, Samsung, Sony hp with them...

Need to give them some time though. I usually go shopping makan then collect few hours later. If they can’t deliver on the same day they’d tell you on the spot to let you decide whether to proceed with the repair or collect the next day. 

Don't suppose its this store which is close by. 

https://breakfixnow.com.sg/iphone-screen-repair-singapore/

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Know there are previous threads on this. But the search can't turn up anything good beyond individual posts. Any places to get speedy repair for s9+screen? 

My friend recommended me Gary. But ordering in the part takes one week. So just wondering if got other alternatives. 

Carousell has a few established phone repairers. One thing to note is, often a cracked phone cannot change just the glass, but has to change the glass and the oled or lcd screen together, because they come as one and not separate. For new phone like s9+ won't be cheap. If you go JB can try ksl, they are good and likely cheaper. 

• Praise 3

10 hours ago, Lala81 said:

what happened got protector still like that

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, Blueray said:

My go to place is GW Mobile, 5th floor of SLS.

I usually call to get a quote first.

Yes, this shop I heard before. 

Colleague went there said it is good.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Ingenius said:

Carousell has a few established phone repairers. One thing to note is, often a cracked phone cannot change just the glass, but has to change the glass and the oled or lcd screen together, because they come as one and not separate. For new phone like s9+ won't be cheap. If you go JB can try ksl, they are good and likely cheaper. 

I estimates changing the OLED display will be about $300.