Handphone cracked glass screen repair

Lala81

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/technology/mobile-phone-repair-shops-singapore-fix-to-stay-relevant-10820250

https://www.repairexpresssingapore.com/

Repaired my S8 screen there last year. Screen was spoilt (no image) not cracked. On the spot repair. Waited abt an hour. 

If parts available, I guess waiting time depend on how many customers before you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

10 hours ago, Othello said:

I did it at LYK near Tai Seng eventually. 

LYK no stock for the screen. 

Checking with the people's park shop on carousell too. 

2 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

what happened got protector still like that

Maybe he bang table with HP ...... not applicable to MIW type like U😜

• Praise 4

35 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Maybe he bang table with HP ...... not applicable to MIW type like U😜

Maybe Lala wanted to only bang the table but forgotten that the phone was also on the table when he banged, he banged...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Take note that after changing screen, due to the opening and closing of the phone , the water proofing will be less effective, so do not get it wet. So if is me, I will trade in the phone after repair, and get a new s10plus. 

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 2

Not sure about curved phones, but I repaired LCD displays for 2 phones. One is S4 and the other A8.

For S4, I repaired with Samsung after warranty period with many scratches and dents. They changed the bezel so when it was returned to me like a new phone. Cost only about S$150 iirc. Only downside is they will surely wipe all data. Lasted me till I dropped/lost the phone after about a year.

For A8, by then such repairs cost another new phone. Hence I tried to repair at Samsung in Msia KL. They can do so, for abt S$200, but had to leave my phone with them for 3 working days. They explained it was because for overseas phone, they needed to contact HQ to unlock phone and again they will wipe data too. As I was on biz trip, cldnt afford to leave phone there, hence went to one of the many many many repair shops at Low Yat Plaza, similar to our SLS. Cost S$200 too, data intact. When returned after 2 hours, can see that only the screen is new, the rest status quo. Next day after back in SG, LCD cracked again.

My lesson learnt: either repair with service centre, or buy new phone. No more ah beng repair shops.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Patwong said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/technology/mobile-phone-repair-shops-singapore-fix-to-stay-relevant-10820250

https://www.repairexpresssingapore.com/

Repaired my S8 screen there last year. Screen was spoilt (no image) not cracked. On the spot repair. Waited abt an hour. 

If parts available, I guess waiting time depend on how many customers before you.

How much for ur screen placement ? 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Ingenius said:

Take note that after changing screen, due to the opening and closing of the phone , the water proofing will be less effective, so do not get it wet. So if is me, I will trade in the phone after repair, and get a new s10plus. 

Agreed. But I don't really bring it to the pool or what so should be OK still. 

OK anyway repaired. 240 cos lcd affected by the broken glass. Took about one hour.

Citri mobile. Get quote via Carousell first. 

• Praise 1

The other shops at bugis or tai seng also did eventually get back to me. But most prompt reply this morning and the location (Chinatown point). 

Just now, Lala81 said:

Can I 3rd that? 

😂 sure ... why not

U can be 3rd rock from the Sun too. 😜

But i do see u have a slight different stance now with MIW . Anyway politics are like Soccers . Personally i dont like either . 😁

• Praise 3

4 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

😂 sure ... why not

U can be 3rd rock from the Sun too. 😜

But i do see u have a slight different stance now with MIW . Anyway politics are like Soccers . Personally i dont like either . 😁

I don't really bother to discuss much anymore. Maybe wait until ge starts then bored, then bo pian lor. 

Talk politics usually doesn't make anyone happy. I also don't talk much with my close friends. Gossip, talk about other things is more fun. 

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, Ingenius said:

After listening to what u said, i looked at the Note 10 but i can't stand that selfie camera in the middle of the screen. Though a S-pen would be something I'm keen on.  But cannot lah, trade in at most get like below 400 dollars, but a new S10+ is 880.

21 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

After listening to what u said, i looked at the Note 10 but i can't stand that selfie camera in the middle of the screen. Though a S-pen would be something I'm keen on.  But cannot lah, trade in at most get like below 400 dollars, but a new S10+ is 880.

Understand. Btw just fyi, the s9plus trade in is $420 at why mobile. If it is the 256gb will be 460. Recently I changed from Android to iPhone xr, and I find it much more fluid and the user experience is better , no regrets. 

↡ Advertisement