Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

1 minute ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I had the good fortune of examining the car inside out and driving it for a short while a few years ago. Superbly refined.

I get to examine the car in Toyota Megaweb

12193287_10153719287832430_4018077912403709323_n.jpg

10408950_10153719287787430_5343635900293088086_n.jpg

12188886_10153719287742430_9046172478482825742_n.jpg

11205602_10153719287672430_6257413412681997749_n.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

7 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

The one and only 2nd Generation Toyota Century (G50) in Singapore, brought in under the imported used car scheme. It is a beauty in metal.

First time I'm stopped from taking photo by the dealer, citing confidentiality issue, as requested by the owner.

Shit, and I just realized that I have miss another rare car next to it...  That Pearl White Ferrari FF! 

4OvF37E.jpg

ux3RQwb.jpg

Heard OMV only $30K and asking for nearly 1/2million .... catch no bola , better off with a Conti Bentley, RR   

• Praise 4

7 hours ago, Davidtch said:

IL6 x 2 ftw

Should put a Glass of Water on top of Engine,rev it to 4,000rpm..see the Glass will fall.?

1 minute ago, ER-3682 said:

Should put a Glass of Water on top of Engine,rev it to 4,000rpm..see the Glass will fall.?

Being an ardent IL6 sarporter, i will say it will not fall.

My previous IL6 had harden engine mounting and i barely notice the vibration.

7 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Being an ardent IL6 sarporter, i will say it will not fall.

My previous IL6 had harden engine mounting and i barely notice the vibration.

I remember the car rocked from side to side when I revved the engine. It is very smooth, but no charismatic voice though.

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I remember the car rocked from side to side when I revved the engine. It is very smooth, but no charismatic voice though.

Sounds very Toyota in term of charismatic voice.

6 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

In sgcarmart liao. Trying luck at half mil.  Bentley n Rolls Royce seems better value. 

The one I saw today (at Bukit Merah workshop) has beige interior instead of grey (unit on sales on sgcarmart), and probably 3 - 5 year old, so that mean there are more than 1 unit in Singapore! Too bad I can't take photo of it interior, else would be easier to do a online comparison.  

6 hours ago, Hamburger said:

some dealer really think carrot cake is the best dish in the world.

Btw, bro carbon secretly took photo of the under chassis? Maybe curious on the suspension set up.😈

$30K OMV is obviously under-declared given that a brand new unit cost ~$150K in Japan. I am surprised LTA take that for ARF calculation! 

Don't remind me of my unpleasant experience with the char bor today, if she has seen my quick snap a second earlier, I have to do a NPNT here...

4 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Heard OMV only $30K and asking for nearly 1/2million .... catch no bola , better off with a Conti Bentley, RR   

With OMV of only $30K, any other cars including BRAND NEW Camry, Accord, Stinger, Superb, Passat make much more $en$e than this...

• Praise 10

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

The one I saw today (at Bukit Merah workshop) has beige interior instead of grey (unit on sales on sgcarmart), and probably 3 - 5 year old, so that mean there are more than 1 unit in Singapore! Too bad I can't take photo of it interior, else would be easier to do a online comparison.  

$30K OMV is obviously under-declared given that a brand new unit cost ~$150K in Japan. I am surprised LTA take that for ARF calculation! 

Don't remind me of my unpleasant experience with the char bor today, if she has seen my quick snap a second earlier, I have to do a NPNT here...

With OMV of only $30K, any other cars including BRAND NEW Camry, Accord, Stinger, Superb, Passat make much more $en$e than this...

I think LTA will not bother with single car imports OMV manipulation as they have to use lotsa resources to make the importer prove undeclared value ..... they rather go for mass market imports ( especially new cars) where they can send a chill down the spine of big importers and where they know the international market prices and are more transparent and easily available 

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 6

On 10/2/2019 at 4:00 PM, Mockngbrd said:

Appearance is one thing. Drivability, reliability, usability, ergonomics, build quality and overall experience are other factors. Don't just buy a car based on what your eyes see. 

I think the x70 proton is quite a good build ...

China Buick is not too bad until it breaks down.