Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

i don't see this often, even in australia not to mention singapore.

IMG_0374.thumb.JPG.2a8c31622ca1ec2f3825a1bf706b2b96.JPG

car spotting in japan is crazy. every second car i see is either a G63 or some mclaren. taken at my hotel's carpark and it's not even some fancy hotel.. this is B2. upstairs still got 2 continental GT speed and then some.

136d8b7a-19fc-4625-a921-76122e843ae5.JPG

8ac3fba4-11cd-4609-95e9-22d8cb7e71c8.JPG

da94f10e-f32b-41c0-bcfc-054427d01057.JPG

f9f77df0-2fb0-44fa-96f2-3cc4237f17a4.JPG

• Praise 8

24 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

da94f10e-f32b-41c0-bcfc-054427d01057.JPG

Alpina B12 5.0, only 97 made!!

really sucks that we can't drive LHD cars (not including pre-1940 cars), we missed out on so much good stuff

Edited by jimmyfong
  • Praise 4

8 hours ago, jimmyfong said:

really sucks that we can't drive LHD cars (not including pre-1940 cars), we missed out on so much good stuff

yeah from the left angle i was walking from, i thought it was some regular 8series. then realised it was an alpina. the name was hidden so well under the front lip. even at the angle of my photo, you can't see it. apparently, a quick seach shows only 57 were made... 😮

Edited by louisbosco
  • Praise 1

10 hours ago, jimmyfong said:

almost missed this as it looked so ordinary at first, nice to see it still on the road

20191115_175015.jpg

ah........ Octavia A4 Tour

A severely underrated car. Despite having an ancient but dependent engine, power and FC is decent. Handling much better than many modern Asian cars.

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 5

14 hours ago, jimmyfong said:

Japan has a lot of LHD German sports car. 

9 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Japan has a lot of LHD German sports car. 

no need sports car. normal model outside AMG, M, RS range also have. apparently it's cheaper for them to import... 

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, louisbosco said:

no need sports car. normal model outside AMG, M, RS range also have. apparently it's cheaper for them to import... 

Not cheaper. For more modern / recent cars, almost all all rhd now.

LHD was previously for "prestige" reasons and also becos the Japanese wanted these cars LHD because that was the "correct" position due to where these cars originate from. 

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

LHD was previously for "prestige" reasons and also becos the Japanese wanted these cars LHD because that was the "correct" position due to where these cars originate from. 

actually, you are right. what you said reminded me of a gist in some article i read before about their obsession with owning LHD cars in a RHD country. but also LOL because you pay more ir go through all the import trouble for the same car just because the steering wheel is on the other side..

but then again, it's hell good that they are not limited to any hand drive markets..

Edited by louisbosco
  • Praise 1

19 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Not true bro. Japan still allow official sale of NEW LHD vehicles in their country till date. 

You see GM dealerships over there. All their Chevrolet and Cadillac are LHD. The only mods GM made to their cars were to include Japs language for all dialog screens, and that too can be switched back to english anytime. 

And of cos, metric instruments readout vs imperial readout. Other than that, the cars are identical to the North American markets ones. 

I once read that its actually cheaper to either self import a LHD car into Japan than to insist on a RHD one.  

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

Not true bro. Japan still allow official sale of NEW LHD vehicles in their country till date. 

You see GM dealerships over there. All their Chevrolet and Cadillac are LHD. The only mods GM made to their cars were to include Japs language for all dialog screens, and that too can be switched back to english anytime. 

And of cos, metric instruments readout vs imperial readout. Other than that, the cars are identical to the North American markets ones. 

I once read that its actually cheaper to either self import a LHD car into Japan than to insist on a RHD one.  

They still allow of cos but most of the modern euro cars they buyers now happy to take RHD. Mindset is different. 

• Praise 1

Suzuki Splash

I think this is the 2nd or 3rd unit I have spotted in the past 9 - 10 years, as it was only brought in by PI. Quite decent size among compact Hatch.

nHYBue0.jpg

autowp.ru_suzuki_splash_uk-spec_20.jpg

autowp.ru_suzuki_splash_uk-spec_14.jpg

suzuki_splash_82.jpg

• Praise 10

7 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

Look at the size of this grille vs. the current gen 7er 😹

every year must upsize 1 time what. so you calculate how many years, equals the upsize times..

• Haha! 1