Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

5 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Don't know if this Hero Audi has been featured in this thread before. 

IMG_20191227_1924276.jpg

Haven't seem one of these for a long time.

IMG_20191213_1650432.jpg

Audi Quattro..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

23 hours ago, Vinceng said:

It's for sale but the asking price is insane.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=835578&DL=1000

The owner is obviously trying to pull a fast one. It would take a super die hard fan to bite.

8 hours ago, Alheych said:

the exact car was for sale a while back!

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=799345&DL=1000

Owner ruined the look of the car with the use of pink and purple. And it was on 5 year COE, meaning that it will have to be scrapped in <4 years time.

7 hours ago, jimmyfong said:

very nice 2nd gen Hyundai Elantra wagon in Korea, were they ever sold here?

20191228_160837.jpg

Don't remember Komoco carried the wagon version back in the 90s.

• Praise 7

16 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Just wonder,did Jaguar built this Car.?Because Jaguar also got Daimler range of Cars later on.

It is basically based on Jaguar, and built by Jaguar from 1979.

Unlike its predecessor, it had no Daimler engineering, but was entirely a Jaguar product, using the 4.2 litre version of the Jaguar XK straight-six engine. The Limousine was based on the floorpan of Jaguar's 420G flagship, but with a wheelbase extended an extra 21 in (533.4 mm). The frontal styling was similar to the original Daimler Sovereign, introduced in 1966 with the Jaguar four-headlight treatment first seen on the Mark X, mated to a Daimler radiator grill bearing the traditional fluting. Jaguar Mark X/420G underpinnings were also apparent from the twin ten gallon fuel tanks set in each of the rear wings.

Originally the cars were built at the Vanden Plas works in Kingsbury Lane, London, from bodyshells made by Park Sheet Metals Company assembling panels supplied by Motor Panels of Coventry and by Pressed Steel Fisher. Early limousines bore the 'Daimler Vanden Plas' designation on treadplates and workshop manuals. The Kingsbury Plant was closed in 1979 and production moved to Jaguar in Coventry, where it continued until 1992.

You read up more on wikipedia.

13 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

In those days, Tan Chong called it the "Rolls Royce of 1-Litre Cars" .

Edit: I am blind and did not read @Carbon82 text. Paiseh.

No worry pal. In fact I am glad that my memory did not fail me. I am impressed by its built quality back then, which is the same, if not better than its larger siblings (Sunny).

11 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Don't know if this Hero Audi has been featured in this thread before. 

IMG_20191227_1924276.jpg

This Audi Quattro is always parked at Tangs building, and very well maintained. The owner must have value it alot.

10 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Old HRV.

20191228_130527.jpg

The owner seems to be staying around Pasir Ris area. Had spotted it a few time in the past 2 years.

6 hours ago, Tohto said:

My brother had the manual one which is quite lively to drive.

Pick up was quite ok for out city driving.

Ride was very soft and roll a lot through corner, make it worst with very light steering.

I test drove it in the mid 90s, and would have got it if not for the relatively high price tag. Agree that the pick up is decent and steering is a little too light for my liking. And it was quite spacious as well (better than Toyota Starlet).

• Praise 13

On 12/27/2019 at 11:17 AM, Cheefarn said:

The trouble is... Korean being a LHD country, PI cannot import from any Hyundai dealerships there. And this new Carnival availability is rare in this part of the world. 

PI also cannot from bolehland for the emission standards will not be able to pass locally. 

plenty of carnivals in australia, can import from there

and PIs will be more than happy to import anything for you, just don't expect it to be cheap.

16 hours ago, Tohto said:

Ride was very soft and roll a lot through corner, make it worst with very light steering.

henace the TEIN decal behind :D

10 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Owner ruined the look of the car with the use of pink and purple. And it was on 5 year COE, meaning that it will have to be scrapped in <4 years time.

quite a cute car. Andy Lau drove a variant in 瘦身男女 with Sammi. 

images.jpg.882c328c8bafea23dff481d37389ac77.jpg

TDon't remember Komoco carried the wagon version back in the 90s.

I saw this wagon 4 years ago !! 

• Praise 1

I test drove it in the mid 90s, and would have got it if not for the relatively high price tag. Agree that the pick up is decent and steering is a little too light for my liking. And it was quite spacious as well (better than Toyota Starlet).

yah, really expensive. Starlet also not cheap. Hence I bought a Fiat Uno then. Gave me many problems, sold off after 1.5 years. Should have gotten the Starlet. 

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Othello said:

yah, really expensive. Starlet also not cheap. Hence I bought a Fiat Uno then. Gave me many problems, sold off after 1.5 years. Should have gotten the Starlet. 

Never get there Fiat Uno turbo.

6 hours ago, Tohto said:

Never get there Fiat Uno turbo.

This one not easy to find. Quite rare. Last time dun have sgcarmart. Hahaha 

Edited by Othello

On 12/28/2019 at 3:49 PM, jimmyfong said:

very nice 2nd gen Hyundai Elantra wagon in Korea, were they ever sold here?

20191228_160837.jpg

Yes this generation Elantra wagon was sold here in 94? 95?. This version had a plush cloth interior. That period, the Corolla Tourer (estate) was sold for a short period too.

• Praise 2

On 12/27/2019 at 7:28 PM, Carbon82 said:

2nd generation Nissan March (K11), the Rolls Royce of compact hatch in the 90s. Come standard with power steering, power windows, ABS, 2 airbags, etc. 

FrL8Xny.jpg

This particular with TEIN sports suspension and exhaust modded by Jeep Chee. :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1