Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

12 minutes ago, Phang said:

Japan Toyota Crown taxi still using this type of side view mirrors

Really arrh?? i can't even remember - this type mirror can adjust or not huh? or is those small small but see wide angle type? later short-sighted will can't see properly... 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

53 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Really arrh?? i can't even remember - this type mirror can adjust or not huh? or is those small small but see wide angle type? later short-sighted will can't see properly... 😅

Those daze of the 70/80's this was kind of "normal" or even fashionable to have them   

• Praise 1

59 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Those daze of the 70/80's this was kind of "normal" or even fashionable to have them   

yah, saw lots of such cars when young, but by the time i learnt driving, mostly phased out liao...

switched to those need to wind down windows to press/pull/push manually ones, followed by those that has a lever controlling the window's angle, inside the cabin... before moving to the current electric-controlled windows...

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

yah, saw lots of such cars when young, but by the time i learnt driving, mostly phased out liao...

switched to those need to wind down windows to press/pull/push manually ones, followed by those that has a lever controlling the window's angle, inside the cabin... before moving to the current electric-controlled windows...

Mine still liddis.......time warp 

24F5E2EE-9D33-47BE-9CA5-418C0C4DD584.jpeg

• Praise 6

8 hours ago, Atrecord said:

wah lao... that type of side mirrors, and the position of them...

confirmed collectors' item.

it's been sooooooo long since it was in trend, that i almost forgot this type pattern already 😀

wonder if suay suay damaged, got chance to find spare or not... 😅

This type of side mirrors seems too small and far for me to see?! Lol.

On 3/30/2020 at 10:58 AM, Othello said:

PWOAH !! [thumbsup] i wonder if there is anything "funny" under the hood [grin]

IMG_20200330_105047596_HDR.thumb.jpg.aaaf7afb5c27bdc062397b09ac6e492e.jpg

IMG_20200330_105100823_HDR.thumb.jpg.54d314f2098a3e4419d06520d6ae921a.jpg

Wah, still can find sg plate Datsun 120Y on our road now! :o

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Atrecord said:

wah lao... that type of side mirrors, and the position of them...

confirmed collectors' item.

it's been sooooooo long since it was in trend, that i almost forgot this type pattern already 😀

wonder if suay suay damaged, got chance to find spare or not... 😅

This front-mounted type of mirrors are very useful if adjusted properly. The driver doesn't have to turn his head to view the blind spots, but, when it rains heavily, nothing can be seen!

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

47 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

2nd Gen BMW 730iL (E32)

P0Wpo3v.jpg

Driven by a lady in her late 60's with a Old Man as Passenger,Morning always seen on Geylang Rd & turn into Crawford St.

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, 13177 said:

Wah, still can find sg plate Datsun 120Y on our road now! :o

able to not see it dissolved in the rain from rust is an achievement

• Haha! 2

38 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

able to not see it dissolved in the rain from rust is an achievement

Japanese cars were not so popular rust buckets unlike the Italians and Europeans back then I remember 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

2nd Gen BMW 730iL (E32)

P0Wpo3v.jpg

VRN same as a verna that i drove for 4+ yr, till scrapped 4 yr ago...

17 hours ago, 13177 said:

This type of side mirrors seems too small and far for me to see?! Lol.

my guess is that you have lots of company lor...

17 hours ago, Fitvip said:

This front-mounted type of mirrors are very useful if adjusted properly. The driver doesn't have to turn his head to view the blind spots, but, when it rains heavily, nothing can be seen!

Yes, the eyes can focus on the front and there's no need to look at the sides excessively like now. When raining, will first of all need the wipers to be good, to have any chance to look at the mirrors lor. If wipers not fantastic, then confirmed no need to even think of how heavy is the rain, is the mirror full of water, etc....

i guess the fact that it's phased out since few decades ago, must have good reasons bah...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
3 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Yes, the eyes can focus on the front and there's no need to look at the sides excessively like now. When raining, will first of all need the wipers to be good, to have any chance to look at the mirrors lor. If wipers not fantastic, then confirmed no need to even think of how heavy is the rain, is the mirror full of water, etc....

i guess the fact that it's phased out since few decades ago, must have good reasons bah...

my uncle got himself a new Datsun Bluebird in the early 80s when he just graduated 

that car has fender mounted side mirrors, what's more fascinating to his young nephew (me) was the mirrors were remote controlled, it has a small joystick in the cabin to adjust the mirrors

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

54 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Japanese cars were not so popular rust buckets unlike the Italians and Europeans back then I remember 

yeah but the handling of conti like alfa  is way superior then the leaf spring suspension of the 120y or corolla

image.png.57fe9619c5e81825c7e857ee55e7d34e.png

image.png.b580b000c38312432a8f6b5ab3bbb370.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2