Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

I saw this car on Saturday, Ssangyong Korando, black colour, SMT plate. Unable to take photo as driving. Forgot to download from car camera and was overwritten liao. First time seeing it.

12644_g1_b.jpg

6 hours ago, sake said:

LFA or Speciale....take your pick!

20200913_111800.jpg

LFA for me too! 

You can buy a new mid-engined Ferrari but you can't buy a new mid-engined Lexus.

In February 2016, Lexus' European boss Alain Uyttenhoven confirmed that there would be no new LFA replacement in the near future, stating: "The LFA is an icon now and possibly always will be - we don't need to replace it to keep that status. It is a car we can reference for another 25 years if we choose. Its status is assured." He went on to state: "It is possible that we will one day create another supercar, but in my view a super-high-end machine is not what we need right now."

And there are only 500 of these built.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

LFA for me too! 

You can buy a new mid-engined Ferrari but you can't buy a new mid-engined Lexus.

In February 2016, Lexus' European boss Alain Uyttenhoven confirmed that there would be no new LFA replacement in the near future, stating: "The LFA is an icon now and possibly always will be - we don't need to replace it to keep that status. It is a car we can reference for another 25 years if we choose. Its status is assured." He went on to state: "It is possible that we will one day create another supercar, but in my view a super-high-end machine is not what we need right now."

If only the red one is the Ferrari 458 Speciale A, it will be rarer than your LFA by 1 unit. :a-bang: :D :D 

The 'A' stands for 'Aperta', which is Italian for 'open' – and the model was limited to only 499 examples (of which 49 were RHD examples).

ferrari_458_speciale_a_236.jpg

ferrari_458_speciale_a_55_4.jpg

• Praise 8

5 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

LFA for me too! 

I would like to correct myself - the LFA is NOT mid-engined but front-engined. Apologies for the mistake

Why ah? Cos the Speciale is pretty special but in the end it's just one in a line of "special edition" V8 Ferraris, like the 360 Challenge Stradale and 430 Scuderia that came before it. The LFA is something totally unique and literally a balls-to-the-wall effort by Lexus. Pity they took so long to get it to market.

• Praise 2

23 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

First saw this car on NSFU, even then I don't recall it being particularly common at the time.

IMG_20200912_202522.thumb.jpg.6907a9544819b75da59d2909395658d0.jpgIMG_20200912_202519.thumb.jpg.ebcfa86e3b574d7918ba148c9fa4fd34.jpg

Back in the early 00s, these were everywhere. Along with the DC5Rs.