Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

On 12/5/2020 at 8:17 AM, kobayashiGT said:

i mobile phone that day. hahah. pardon me!

Rotate the pix on the phone and then post.

• Haha! 2

On 12/5/2020 at 11:45 AM, Carbon82 said:

1st Generation Facelift Volvo S80

7bglh7Y.jpg

4zpggPt.jpg

My friend used to own this model. There is a problem with it's idling. The engine will be hunting at idle. Rpm was erratic. Went to workshop twice and cannot resolve. Once during warranty and second time out of warranty. The fixes were always temporary. He sold it when it was 6 years old.

43 minutes ago, SGMCF328 said:

Old Honda Accord

IMG_20201206_204123.thumb.jpg.ffc4821ccb699b74f6acf71e4ed38c2e.jpg

This Accord, I always remember it had a very distinct first gear whine upon acceleration for its auto transmission. And it is often mistaken as a BMW when view from its side.

On 12/5/2020 at 12:39 PM, Tohto said:

It has a very comfortable  seat.  My uncle own the 2.5T before.  

He is a hard core Volvo supporter. 244GL, 740, 850, 960, S80,  XC60, S90...

One of my uncle owned the 2.0T and 2.4 NA 1st generation S80. Coming from a Toyota Camry, he sing praise about his 2.0T when he got it in 1999 (and we find it very comfortable too), but the reliability of the turbo-charged engine is questionable, and his car was in and out of workshop for a couple of times within his 2.5 years of ownership, till Wearnes offered him a brand new 2.4 NA unit without any topup.

While the car has been problem free for the next 3 years plus, the non-turbo engine is less fun to drive, especially when coming from a 2.0T unit, so he upgraded to a W211 E280 (V6) in late 2005, at a super low price of $168,888!

12 hours ago, Adrianli said:

My friend used to own this model. There is a problem with it's idling. The engine will be hunting at idle. Rpm was erratic. Went to workshop twice and cannot resolve. Once during warranty and second time out of warranty. The fixes were always temporary. He sold it when it was 6 years old.

My uncle's 2.0T unit has similar problem, but lucky for him, Wearnes offered him new car (lower spec 2.4NA) without any top up. And it was also then that I realized how expensive was the spare parts. 1 wing mirror (with heating function) cost ~$1.5K!!

13 hours ago, SGMCF328 said:

Old Honda Accord

IMG_20201206_204123.thumb.jpg.ffc4821ccb699b74f6acf71e4ed38c2e.jpg

This is the pre-facelift version, but the owner have change the taillight to the JDM version, which has chrome stripe around the light housing. It goes well with chromed lined bumper, but ugly with the normal bumper with black stripe.

honda_accord_2.0si_3.jpg

Local units brought in by Kah Motor have the following taillight instead.

24410583229_40c86aff52_b.jpg

• Praise 10

19 minutes ago, Whitemorning said:

Classic Alfa Romeo, think it’s a 75.

35E3A197-CF30-493B-A8FB-74D539CBD636.jpeg

Yes 75 Twin Spark! The designer just used a ruler to draw many straight lines! 

Had one before. I remember the clutch cylinders gave me problems. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

One of my uncle owned the 2.0T and 2.4 NA 1st generation S80. Coming from a Toyota Camry, he sing praise about his 2.0T when he got it in 1999 (and we find it very comfortable too), but the reliability of the turbo-charged engine is questionable, and his car was in and out of workshop for a couple of times within his 2.5 years of ownership, till Wearnes offered him a brand new 2.4 NA unit without any topup.

My uncle's 2.0T unit has similar problem, but lucky for him, Wearnes offered him new car (lower spec 2.4NA) without any top up. And it was also then that I realized how expensive was the spare parts. 1 wing mirror (with heating function) cost ~$1.5K!!

Wah, got so good kang tao one ah!! Brand new car without any topup [shocked]

I'm sure the issues must have been serious and it would have been very inconvenient for your uncle, but I'm very surprised Wearnes took the step of giving him a new car

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Yes 75 Twin Spark! The designer just used a ruler to draw many straight lines! 

Had one before. I remember the clutch cylinders gave me problems. 

My brother owned the 33, in a short ownership of less than 2 yrs. The clip on badge on the bonnet was stolen for 3 to 4 X.

Edited by Tohto
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Whee! the exhaust so cute! hahahha. Like 2 bamboo stick like that. 🤣

Actually the Exhausts have a Chrome Extra Tip...Most likely dropped Off.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1