Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

15 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Definitely needs a commited driver. 

Right hand on steering, left hand on umbrella. Step clutch, left hand change gear  , umbrella kiap in between legs, release clutch, left hand back to hold umbrella....repeat thoughout the wet journey 😁

I think use mouth to grab the handle of umbrella will do .. else difficult to operate signal stalk n change radio station 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

Anything special with this F02 BMW 7er?

EzHb6dz.jpg

Particularly the rim and colour?

PaMJ68i.jpg

This is a bespoke 740iL under BMW Individual program, which allow owner to customize their ride with special paint, rim, interior trim, upholstery, etc. for a "small' sum.

WiE3Vhk.jpg

This one come with 20" Individual v-Spoke Style 301 rim (which was the first thing to caught my attention when I drove past it), special metallic green paint, wooden insert on the dash board and steering (not able to take photo due to strong reflection), etc.

I vividly remembered seeing a 7er on the ground floor of PML showroom many years back, with the same colour and rim, or could this be the same car? 

• Praise 16

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

@Carbon82 This looks like British Racing Green.

Confirm not British Racing Green, which is non-metallic. I am guessing it could be Boston Green Metallic (275).

bmw-m760li-in-boston-green.jpg

BTW, there are easily >10 different shades of green available under the BMW Individual program... rich man problem.

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

EzHb6dz.jpg

PaMJ68i.jpg

This is a bespoke 740iL under BMW Individual program, which allow owner to customize their ride with special paint, rim, interior trim, upholstery, etc. for a "small' sum.

WiE3Vhk.jpg

This one come with 20" Individual v-Spoke Style 301 rim (which was the first thing to caught my attention when I drove past it), special metallic green paint, wooden insert on the dash board and steering (not able to take photo due to strong reflection), etc.

I vividly remembered seeing a 7er on the ground floor of PML showroom many years back, with the same colour and rim, or could this be the same car?

This unit might be an ex PML management car if I've not mistaken. They specifically indent a unit in to show prospective customers the possibilities of the Individual program.

• Praise 3

18 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

EzHb6dz.jpg

PaMJ68i.jpg

WiE3Vhk.jpg

Probably same car.. 

u pay 30k upward for the bespoke.. but get huge discounts if you buy showroom floor unit.

On 4/26/2021 at 1:29 PM, Carbon82 said:

EzHb6dz.jpg

PaMJ68i.jpg

WiE3Vhk.jpg

Green can be highly controversial but I must say that this one stands out nicely on the 7er!

IMO, this urban green on the X6M is a nice combination too!

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 3.39.04 PM.png

• Praise 2

Some called it the Hearse.. 

Some said its a Sleeper or turbobrick.. 

Its a well kept wowo with a R.. 

IMG_20210427_165434.jpg

Edited by Iamtheone
  • Praise 12

On 4/24/2021 at 8:10 PM, Carbon82 said:

Don't pray pray with this CRV hor... 

789CQKc.jpg

Because it has 2 time the power of the standard 1.5T version... :D:D:D

3TcOYOY.jpg

BTW, the lady driver tried very hard but still cannot overtake my 2.0T MPV. :D:D

To add on, it's my pet peeve to see owners putting badges on their cars which are totally wrong or irrelevant. I've seen NISMO stickers on Toyotas, TRD stickers on Hondas etc. 

Below are some photos at those times where I was able to take. These are not rare cars, but have become unusual due to their clueless but act smart owners. Sigh..

1. Kia Cerato Forte RS Mugen [confused]

image.png.976a4714461fcbac1e9031c4e5855989.png

2. BMW M520i. In different fonts. What?

image.png.4b0f02f7b479eb355f480b8a54a2c06b.png

3. Toyota Altis M Performance. Didn't know BMW M worked on Toyotas

image.png.b29e311a73a6cd4219ccdf1953d49435.png

• Haha! 2

Nice efforts but LTA records say it's a 2.0T only, not even a T5. I had the sedan 2.0 T5, nice smooth engine. 225 hp was quite a lot of power back then, just 10% short of the R. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1