Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

(edited)

Ok. I managed to find it...

I only saw the name "CENTURY" on the boot but dunno what car maker. It is a Toyota and might have a 5L V12 in there. Looks like a 2nd Gen. Produced in 1997-2017. No wonder the LED tail-lights looked so modern.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Century

The Century received a complete redesign in April 1997, although the new model was visually very similar to the previous generation. This model is powered by a 280 PS (206 kW; 276 hp) 5.0 L 1GZ-FE V12, initially with a 4-speed automatic, until a 6-speed "intelligent" transmission arrived in 2005. It also features air suspension. The Century remains the first and only Japanese front-engine, rear-wheel-drive production car equipped with a V12, and it is Toyota's first V12 engine.

420px-1997_Toyota_Century_01.jpg

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic
42 minutes ago, iamahbee said:

Nice catch. That's a second gen Toyota Century, with a 5.0 V12 engine.

5f8a8e638a46e719243357dffcea9612.jpg

Japan royalty usage car.

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Heartbreakid said:

Toyota Century. Is that on embassy plate?

Base on the rear view mirror photo, look like ES66R.

Supersonic
5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

And very ugly too

Yes, it was the ugly colour and the quad pipes that prompted me take the picture!😋

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Tohto said:

ES66R is not on record. 

The poster has the plate blocked. He should have the reg no.

53 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

ES66R is not on record. 

The poster has the plate blocked. He should have the reg no.

eb66r

Supersonic
41 minutes ago, jimmyfong said:

eb66r

Thanks.

Vehicle No.

EB66R

Vehicle Make/Model

TOYOTA / CENTURY 5.0 AUTO

6 hours ago, Tohto said:

Close. It is actually a very old plate. EB 66 R.

Supercharged
On 5/5/2021 at 2:24 PM, Fitvip said:

Rare bike  

IMG20210428051021.jpg

it's a Honda Phantom TA200, with Australian custom bike company Deus ex Machina sticker on the tank 

something like a Honda Fit with Chip Foose badge 

• Praise 1

On 5/4/2021 at 12:43 PM, SiLangKia said:

hahahaha note epower is decent 🤣🤣

how was the interior quality? never been inside one. I guess for the combi, the 2.0 would be better due to the weight

You sat in my Sharan before with a few others in the car, and tasted how powerful it is right? In brief, the 2.0 Superb behave in the same manner but it is more planted, so how does it sounds like to you? [drivingcar]

I drove it to Cameron with 4 pax + some barang barang, and the car move effortlessly up the slope at a speed of >100Km/h (non sharp turn zone). I also hit its rated top speed on NSHW without any difficulty, and the car remain planted even at close to 200Km/h, a far cry from the other cars I have driven.

Talking about that, let me ownself post ownself... this is my previous Superb 2.0TSI , which I saw it last year. FYI, there were just 30+ 2.0TSI variant in Singapore, definitely a rare car on our shore, and deserve a place in this thread.

nseKKhs.jpg

BTW, the colour is Magnetic Brown (not black). I took these shots before I trade it in in Dec 2016.

rR2v16H.jpg

kpTZhoM.jpg

On 5/4/2021 at 12:48 PM, Hamburger said:

This one ask bro carbon82. He knows inside out like the back of his hand. 😬

Arbuthen, afterall I owned it for >4 years and travelled >158K Km in it... Still miss the car till date, no joke. Of course that is just me (and basing on what I can afford).

• Praise 15
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

You sat in my Sharan before with a few others in the car, and tasted how powerful it is right? In brief, the 2.0 Superb behave in the same manner but it is more planted, so how does it sounds like to you? [drivingcar]

I drove it to Cameron with 4 pax + some barang barang, and the car move effortlessly up the slope at a speed of >100Km/h (non sharp turn zone). I also hit its rated top speed on NSHW without any difficulty, and the car remain planted even at close to 200Km/h, a far cry from the other cars I have driven.

Talking about that, let me ownself post ownself... this is my previous Superb 2.0TSI , which I saw it last year. FYI, there were just 30+ 2.0TSI variant in Singapore, definitely a rare car on our shore, and deserve a place in this thread.

nseKKhs.jpg

BTW, the colour is Magnetic Brown (not black). I took these shots before I trade it in in Dec 2016.

rR2v16H.jpg

kpTZhoM.jpg

Arbuthen, afterall I owned it for >4 years and travelled >158K Km in it... Still miss the car till date, no joke. Of course that is just me (and basing on what I can afford).

Yeah omg your sharan is solid the power! sounds solid if it's more planted then your sharan, im certainly sold, hahaha next time i try to find when i need a family car

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
19 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Ok. I managed to find it...

I only saw the name "CENTURY" on the boot but dunno what car maker. It is a Toyota and might have a 5L V12 in there. Looks like a 2nd Gen. Produced in 1997-2017. No wonder the LED tail-lights looked so modern.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Century

The Century received a complete redesign in April 1997, although the new model was visually very similar to the previous generation. This model is powered by a 280 PS (206 kW; 276 hp) 5.0 L 1GZ-FE V12, initially with a 4-speed automatic, until a 6-speed "intelligent" transmission arrived in 2005. It also features air suspension. The Century remains the first and only Japanese front-engine, rear-wheel-drive production car equipped with a V12, and it is Toyota's first V12 engine.

420px-1997_Toyota_Century_01.jpg

Go on YouTube to find one in Japan with equal length exhaust headers. Really nice exhaust sounds.