Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Totally forgot about this rare ride I captured with my car cam, till I was doing housekeeping on my laptop.

1961 - 1965 International Havester Scout 80

O2DpnbW.png

International-Harvester-Scout-Ad-Page-2.

What car brand is this siah? [confused] Totally dont know.

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Totally forgot about this rare ride I captured with my car cam, till I was doing housekeeping on my laptop.

1961 - 1965 International Havester Scout 80

O2DpnbW.png

International-Harvester-Scout-Ad-Page-2.

Could it be the same one that appeared in this thread earlier?

• Praise 1

On 9/15/2021 at 9:23 PM, Adrianli said:

Used to take this type of kombi bus in primary school. There rows of seats at the back and operated as school buses for school kids. Not sure if anyone still remembers.

During that era, Kombi as school bus is a premium option. Most are Mercedes

371493.jpg

On 9/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, iamahbee said:

T190 Toyota Corona.

20210916_092005.jpg

One of the company I worked with in the 90s have 2 unit of this Corona (company car), 1 was 1.6L the other was 2.0L, both with 4 speed auto gearbox.

Strangely the 1.6L drive better (feel more lively) than the 2.0L unit, and I normally took 1.6L one for external meeting. And it can hit a max speed of 195Km/h with 3 adults on board, while the 2.0L struggle to hit 190Km/h. I don't ruled out the possibility that it has something to do with maintenance, since both were used car.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:41 AM, brandonyuen said:

@Fcw75 Yeah, I believe so. I like it too. But I was worried I was being watched by some Yakuza boss as I took the photo. 😅

I spotted the same car last year, and have taken a butt shot of it. [laugh]

6 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Crown athlete very muscular looking. Nice!

I personally prefer the Royal Saloon, which has a good mix of luxurious and sportiness.

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

What car brand is this siah? [confused] Totally dont know.

The International Harvester Company was an American manufacturer of agricultural and construction equipment, automobiles, commercial trucks, lawn and garden products, household equipment, and more. It was formed in 1902 from the merger of McCormick Harvesting Machine Company and Deering Harvester Company and a few smaller companies. In the 1980s all divisions were sold off except for International Trucks, which changed its parent company name to Navistar International. Its brands included McCormick, Deering, and later McCormick-Deering, as well as International. Along with the Farmall and Cub Cadet tractors, International was also known for the Scout and Travelall vehicle nameplates.

The Scout, first introduced in 1961, is a small, two-door SUV, similar to a Jeep. In 1972, the Scout became the Scout II, and in 1974, Dana 44 axles, power steering, and power disc brakes became standard. After the Light Line pickups and Travelall were discontinued in 1975, the Scout Traveler and Terra became available, both with a longer wheelbase than a standard Scout II.

61Scout.jpg

3 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Could it be the same one that appeared in this thread earlier?

Now that you mentioned, it could be the same unit spotted by @Mits_jc

• Praise 11

10 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I spotted the same car last year, and have taken a butt shot of it. [laugh]

Oh nice! Looks like he's got some new rims now... and a hood ornament. 🙂 
And probably a few other things that I didn't notice... :D 

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

During that era, Kombi as school bus is a premium option. Most are Mercedes

371493.jpg

I do not remember it as premium, it was already in rough shape then, 1982-3. Rather, it serves a specific area which has lesser students Serangoon Gardens. Quite a distance from my school, Balestier Hill West Primary School where most of the students were from Toa Payoh and Thomson area. BTW, the school closed down in 1983. Never rode on Kombi anymore.

22 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Crown athlete very muscular looking. Nice!

At one point, it was going for about $190+K at Cars and Coffee while the Lexus ES250 was going for about $187K (after a big "overtrade" or something.)
I wonder how the two compare... 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, brandonyuen said:

At one point, it was going for about $190+K at Cars and Coffee while the Lexus ES250 was going for about $187K (after a big "overtrade" or something.)
I wonder how the two compare... 

Lexus sure sell better…haha. Got the badge ma.

• Haha! 1

15 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Spotted SKW51  in aug 2019 too, actually alot of times cos we work in the same area hahaha. Quite a rude driver doesn't signal and cut here cut there type 

20190815_143137.jpg

Hahaha, car does not determine the driver's "class" !😁 This type of drivers will damage the image of the car they drive!

• Haha! 1