Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

Just now, inlinesix said:

Just get Harrier la.

Since your wife doesn't drive, your mileage will definitely be low.

It will be a good candidate to extend COE.

I meant my car in Thailand, the Fortuner. Not SG. For SG car, I just leave it at the moment. The crown in China passed down to me but is used by others as I cannot go back China. This one in Thailand is also not mine. The SG one is my own money. So I do whatever I like later on. Just company car got company policy. So I can just dream on it only

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Just now, Arogab said:

I meant my car in Thailand, the Fortuner. Not SG. For SG car, I just leave it at the moment. The crown in China passed down to me but is used by others as I cannot go back China. This one in Thailand is also not mine. The SG one is my own money. So I do whatever I like later on. Just company car got company policy. So I can just dream on it only

OIC.

In Thailand, I rather whack Fortuner kao kao.  Avoid Lexus.

Fortuner has no issue with ponding.

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

OIC.

In Thailand, I rather whack Fortuner kao kao.  Avoid Lexus.

Fortuner has no issue with ponding.

Of cos like I say, I dreaming lah. Boss will never allow that even though I make a lot from them. It's a policy in company not to over show the car. So probably I push this one to high mileage and then change to 2.8 AWD model at best liao

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Of cos like I say, I dreaming lah. Boss will never allow that even though I make a lot from them. It's a policy in company not to over show the car. So probably I push this one to high mileage and then change to 2.8 AWD model at best liao

Lexus in Thailand is not that showoff la.  I find Fortuner has better ground clearance.  No worry about potholes or ponding.

Fortuner 4WD is similar to Hilux.  It does not have an open diff.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Lexus in Thailand is not that showoff la.  I find Fortuner has better ground clearance.  No worry about potholes or ponding.

Agree with you. But Boss think differently. He rather his guys go around just a bit more plain. Just like in SG, he got Porky but in China, he just get Audi and refuse Mercs or BMW. Something cannot change one

• Haha! 1

Just now, Arogab said:

Agree with you. But Boss think differently. He rather his guys go around just a bit more plain. Just like in SG, he got Porky but in China, he just get Audi and refuse Mercs or BMW. Something cannot change one

I guess he is thinking the safety of his team.  

Audi is like VW in China.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I guess he is thinking the safety of his team.  

Audi is like VW in China.

Safety I think most are safe lah. Just you cannot change the boss thinking of 低调。。。if you know him, he invest in his employees. Just he got his thinking what should be driven and what not to be driven. Just like his brother say, "he (my boss) donno how to drive". Walk to market, then ask the wife come and fetch the items. 

And I also don't feel he donno how to drive. He just like walking although he got car. So he just got ideas for employee that should not have Mercs, BMW or Lexus. Should have Audi for top bosses and Toyota for his Higher managers. (just we donno his systematic thinking only)

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Ladder frame chassis ride is very hard and bumpy..

I ride once in the middle row seat as airport transfers to hotel in Phuket. After reaching hotel in Patong Beach,  almost vomit. 

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Very popular in the early 2000s to mid 2000. 

I almost bought the face-lift one as 2 colleagues bought it for slightly more than $50k.

20211227_125432_copy_2268x3024.jpg

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Ladder frame chassis ride is very hard and bumpy..

I ride once in the middle row seat as airport transfers to hotel in Phuket. After reaching hotel in Patong Beach,  almost vomit. 

It depends.
I sat in Land Cruiser J200 middle row going into a off-road resort.

It’s comfortable.

Fortuner likely tuned like pickup 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Very popular in the early 2000s to mid 2000. 

I almost bought the face-lift one as 2 colleagues bought it for slightly more than $50k.

20211227_125432_copy_2268x3024.jpg

Designed by Pininfarina, no less !! [flowerface]

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

First time see a Daihatsu Mira in SG, somemore 3-doors. Thought it was a Perodua in disguise, but apparently not. 

IMG_20211228_0956258.jpg

@DOBIEMKZ spotted the same car a couple of months back.

IMG_20210912_185636~(1).jpg

That would be the 64ps turbo charged version of the scoop on the bonnet is real. 

24 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

What car is this? It is zhnged until I can't recognise what make and model. 

Screenshot (151).png

Hyundai Elantra (AD) pre-facelift

hyundai_elantra_120_02e501a409ef06c3.jpg

• Praise 11

On 12/27/2021 at 10:33 AM, Arogab said:

Of cos like I say, I dreaming lah. Boss will never allow that even though I make a lot FROM them. It's a policy in company not to over show the car. So probably I push this one to high mileage and then change to 2.8 AWD model at best liao

Wow! 🤐

• Haha! 2