Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

48 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Previously they don't care, but too many jokers spoil market. Now they will check properly . 

got lah .... where can the OMV for these be so cheap .....just take randomly from  SG car mart can see .... ...  Unless they are Barn finds and done nut/bolt restoration project 

Freight + Insurance is already about $2000 (apprx)

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1060279&DL=2880

omv $11k asking $138k

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1059544&DL=2454

omv $17k........ asking $178k

now a days they dont even put in the registration date in Sg ; Dunno why SG car mart dont make it mandatory ..... so nowadays many flipper out to make fast buck 

if the OMV of the above 2 cars is about that level say $15,000 average then the car should be cost no more than about $35-40k agak agak  cost to cost

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

"now a days they dont even put in the registration date in Sg " 

Cos some of these resellers the cars are not even registered yet. They want the potential buyers to take the risk if the car cannot even register. A few of these recent imports stuck in limbo quite long cannot register because of lta. 

Be careful of these fast buck classic cars, some just whack on a brand new paintjob and tell you car is "fully restored" There is no classic car out there that does not need work. 

The cars u posted not quite far off the market rate (for not so good condition ones, usually from South Africa can find quite good price) so still fair play but declare too low they will go dig up online auction and sales info to question you. Has happened before. 

Tbh I also wondering if lta will decide to change the rules due to the many  chapalang standard "classic" imports being brought in. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 4

9 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

"now a days they dont even put in the registration date in Sg " 

Cos some of these resellers the cars are not even registered yet. They want the potential buyers to take the risk if the car cannot even register. A few of these recent imports stuck in limbo quite long cannot register because of lta. 

Be careful of these fast buck classic cars, some just whack on a brand new paintjob and tell you car is "fully restored" There is no classic car out there that does not need work. 

The cars u posted not quite far off the market rate (for not so good condition ones, usually from South Africa can find quite good price) so still fair play but declare too low they will go dig up online auction and sales info to question you. Has happened before. 

Tbh I also wondering if lta will decide to change the rules due to the many  chapalang standard "classic" imports being brought in. 

Yes they are not "ready stock"   

Yes SA is quite popular also for classic cars and slightly modern classics too, of the late 80's era (just to meet the 35 year old requirement), Australia too... as these countries are RHD.

Yes some take long time to clear the VITAS  checking also 

Only if LTA takes action on a few and splashes in the media   ........ then it will send a chill down the spine the other like minded ones  

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

11 hours ago, inlinesix said:

3.5L suit it better.
Light foot car already moving.

2.5L needs to step harder to move

Crown are for Comfort Cruising...not for Performance.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

@Hamburger Hong Kong,no need COE,very low Road Tax,Classic Cars can drive everyday..not like Singapore...under ''Classic'' can only driver a certain number of Days.

Try doing it with parking involve.. have to have a huge warehouse with multi tier storages 

1 hour ago, Heartbreakid said:

Good Morning! Caught a VW Arteon earlier. 

IMG_20220103_083439.jpg

There’s a reason why it’s very few on the road .. 

cost wise it’s quite ok being 280 bhp n haldex .

looks wise, it takes a lot of convincing. 

27 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

I know.

It is easier to cruise comfortably with more power than necessary.

• Praise 1

On 12/30/2021 at 1:33 PM, Cook123 said:

Rare honda

9C8103BD-7B76-47A7-8037-E9AF7F5B5893.jpeg

This is the beat up unit. i saw it once parking beside my car on a high level HDB MCSP where there are no other cars. funny that the car is so beat up and still want to park beside me on an empty level in the mscp. No complaints though, i spent a few minutes looking at the car and taking photos. 

initially i thought is some criminal car. lol. As last time got once i saw a super beat up civic at my estate mscp. parked head in with the front smashed. It was parked there for a few days till one day the police came and tow the car away.

20190317_162953.thumb.jpg.3bfad1bece2dcf20a600f0bfaf15d269.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

On 1/1/2022 at 11:06 AM, Sdf4786k said:

Taken from a fren posting68373A3E-1BDA-4ADF-ABFE-E82A5F1A1A9E.thumb.jpeg.d03dc74a589624df5e6af3c6d54d3cc6.jpegC7975045-8670-4EC0-B921-975E8B204483.thumb.jpeg.08b318159f695b5c9898a31c75903de3.jpeg

sonetimes I wander if dahatsu should have blatantly copy exact this for the copen

Good spot...swee tang tang...better than the GTR behind

Edited by Cj12329

8 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Having enough power means you dont have to stress the engine/car and yourself to get up to speed. It also adds to the sense of well-being, contentment and satisfaction behind the wheels, surely an important factor in a luxury car, no?

Given your logic, then the S-Class should really come with a 1.6L engine.... 

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Having enough power means you dont have to stress the engine/car and yourself to get up to speed. It also adds to the sense of well-being, contentment and satisfaction behind the wheels, surely an important factor in a luxury car, no?

Given your logic, then the S-Class should really come with a 1.6L engine.... 

BMW 7 Series already have a 2.0 B48 Engine in the 730iL,mated to a 8 Speed ZF Gearbox,does it stress the Engine.?Nope,it has enough Power,or even Better & Faster than some Japanese 2 Litres Car...like Mazda 6.