Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

20 hours ago, Brass said:

Aston Martin Cygnet.IMG_20220801_111610.thumb.jpg.2b9ef814a3f992f84c0b62fcbc80232c.jpg

Based on the Toyota iq.

Seen at Depot Rd.IMG_20220801_111555.thumb.jpg.4774058897bdd4d942959519ab392e5b.jpg

no need shy next time go nearer take one full frontal shot :D😸

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

21 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Yeap it’s making its rounds in some other media too ……… pls try to keep it original or mention if copied 👌

Good reminder pal. Very much appreciated. [thumbsup]

If everyone starts to post photos taken from other website, WA message, FB post, Instagram, etc. it will become less meaningful imo.

For me, I will make it a point to add disclaimer that the photo(s) is not taken by me, and even provide references to the source, out of courtesy and respect to the originator. [:)]

17 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Maybe this Taxi Driver,never surf MyCarforum,,never join VW Chat Group to know more about DSG..or He just like a VW Group Product.

If I am not wrong, this taxi driver could be relaxed to or know of someone from Vertex, cos his previous yellow top taxi was a Chery A3 hatchback from Vertex too. Used to see both around Jurong area often in the past. 

4 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

In my knowledge, it is an artificial noise emitted by the vehicle during low speeds to warn pedestrians of its presence. The noise will go away after exceeding a certain speed. You don't have that on the Prius but its heard on the Toyota triplets. 

Thanks for the information pal. But I have to add that the noise is of high pitch type (originated from an electric motor), unlike say something sounding more like a conventional petrol engine type (e.g. BlueSG). 

• Praise 12

4 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Parked illegally too. 

Looks like Rifle range road. So busy and clogged with construction still dare to park like this

5 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Parked illegally too. 

driver just stopped there for a while, think he want to go to the guard house ahead to talk to security.

59 minutes ago, 107fan said:

Looks like Rifle range road. So busy and clogged with construction still dare to park like this

Many people dont care if they are blocking the road, you can see many cars also can just stop along a busy road just to go down to run their own errands.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:47 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

In my knowledge, it is an artificial noise emitted by the vehicle during low speeds to warn pedestrians of its presence. The noise will go away after exceeding a certain speed. You don't have that on the Prius but its heard on the Toyota triplets. 

Had the sound on my last Toyota GS hybrid too.. High pitched motor whine during low speed operation, cannot hear from inside the car but outside can hear.

Noise goes away at certain speed because road noise or the ICE engine kicks in to mask off the noise.... :D

• Praise 1

My point is, if it is really a noise to warn pedestrian, there are other more pleasant sound to generate than that irritating whine... :D

@Vratenza 

12 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Had the sound on my last Toyota GS hybrid too.. High pitched motor whine during low speed operation, cannot hear from inside the car but outside can hear.

Noise goes away at certain speed because road noise or the ICE engine kicks in to mask off the noise.... :D

Strange, I have never heard any noise in my time with the 4GS Hybrid. 

Might as well ask BlueCar why they chose a "wooong woong woong" noise....

• Haha! 2

Supercharged
53 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

@Vratenza 

I guess you are above 40, close to 50 😁

older people lost their high frequency hearing 

• Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Asicskk said:

Corona CD

IMG_20220806_002158.jpg

This car especially the manual one was very nice to drive, pick up was very decent due to the light weight.

My father owned the pre-facelift model.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

@Vratenza 

Must say the GS cabin is pretty well insulated to hear that from inside, but if you listen carefully in the quiet of the night, once you hear it, it cannot be unheard. Or simply just wind down the window slightly and you can hear it while driving at low speed and during the initial accelerarion before the ICE kicks in. 

BlueSg mah.... Of course they go w(r)ong w(r)ong w(r)ong.... :D

Edited by Vratenza
↡ Advertisement