Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

On 11/7/2020 at 4:46 PM, Lethalstrike said:

In those days, anything with "Executive" or "Luxury" sold by Borneo HAS to have fake wood. 

No fake wood the uncle fans won't buy 😁

I think real wood still ok .. fake wood tacky n start to flake off after year 4

17 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I only know QX is police car. hahahaha

Now all one big family as hometeam with SCDF using QX plate, no more solely for police liao🚑 

This one should be rare enough, not only it is an Alpina, but the diesel variant! (based on the 435d, but tuned to deliver 350ps / 700Nm)

Alpina D4 Bi-Turbo Coupe (F32)

uEJEuLg.jpg

sMmULtz.jpg

• Praise 16

11 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

This one should be rare enough, not only it is an Alpina, but the diesel variant! (based on the 435d, but tuned to deliver 350ps / 700Nm)

uEJEuLg.jpg

sMmULtz.jpg

This carpark looks very busy...

On 11/8/2020 at 12:50 AM, Lethalstrike said:

Toyota, in general as a whole, has been trying to rejuvenate their brand/image to be younger and more exciting. It shows in their latest designs and they even came up with a new sub-brand Gazoo Racing to market its performance cars. So, you are right to say that they have been trying to shed that uncle and retiree image worldwide 😁

Taking the quintessential uncle car, the Camry as an example. We compare the latest generation (red) and the one immediately (white) before it and its not hard to tell where they are headed to. 

Having said all this, uncle wood trim is still present in the latest Camry. Just that its less garish looking now...😁

Even toyota try to shed the uncle and retiree image, but many times when you see the driver of a toyota, esp altis and camry even in their latest design, high chance still an old uncle, retiree or at least middle age. You seldom see a youngsters in their 20s to early 30s drive a toyota. Even you see one, maybe they are driving their lao peh's toyota?! Lol.

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Even toyota try to shed the uncle and retiree image, but many times when you see the driver of a toyota, esp altis and camry even in their latest design, high chance still an old uncle, retiree or at least middle age. You seldom see a youngsters in their 20s to early 30s drive a toyota. Even you see one, maybe they are driving their lao peh's toyota?! Lol.

Most Toyota are driven gingerly unless you driving the supra that’s a different breed of spiced altogether..  

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Most Toyota are driven gingerly unless you driving the supra that’s a different breed of spiced altogether..  

Now must add GR YARIS in the list

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Now must add GR YARIS in the list

This one wild card ., manual n 3 cylinder but output of 300bhp. Wonder how many will buy such a car., I know it’s super fast but you really must want one in order to buy it.. 

2 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

This one wild card ., manual n 3 cylinder but output of 300bhp. Wonder how many will buy such a car., I know it’s super fast but you really must want one in order to buy it.. 

Not forgetting it is a 1.6L.  Low road tax high hp 

I will buy 1 if i have the $$$

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Not forgetting it is a 1.6L.  Low road tax high hp 

I will buy 1 if i have the $$$

Its interesting that if u want high HP, just throw out the NHV and cut out 1 cylinder and dont even talk about reliability and FC,

u all set to crave a huge meat from the buyer.

Because the equivalent will be AMG A45 which will be even more money.

6 hours ago, Sugimoto said:

Now all one big family as hometeam with SCDF using QX plate, no more solely for police liao🚑 

QX had not been solely for the police. It is for govt vehicles, while QY is for quasi-govt vehicles. Q* are formerly for company registered cars!

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

uEJEuLg.jpg

sMmULtz.jpg

Just look at this 4 series compared to the latest one.

This is much more resolved and clean. 

• Praise 2