Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

22 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

CD very mafan.

I played music from iPod.  All my music is uncompressed.  It is as good as CD.

CD indeed mafan, but since i still have so many CDs, just find chance to play them lo. Lol.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement

19 hours ago, 13177 said:

This is 1.3 corolla manual. Not a bad car, still remember my auntie bought this in year 2000 but it was an auto.

The Corolla was considered the worst looking car of all time..

Everytime I come across this model, I will recall an advertisement I saw in a bus for its predecessor... "So March more".

IMG20210420184919.jpg

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

You find this corolla even worst looking than the hipo corolla after this gen ah? Lol.

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

You find this corolla even worst looking than the hipo corolla after this gen ah? Lol.

I find the Corolla from 1991 to 1995 was the nicest. I don't know which generation code it was. But after its successor came out in 1995, it was ugly to me because it took a step backwards in design. Then, came the Hippo Corolla which was even more awful due to the tiptoe looks. That was when all other Japanese makes follow suit except Honda Civic which still had the "normal" looking car looks.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 1

On 4/21/2021 at 10:29 AM, Sdf4786k said:

The original 8th Gen AE110 Corolla was so bad in look and choice of materials that the it has to underwent a facelift in less than 2 years time, the shortest in Toyota history.

toyota_corolla_sedan_41.jpg

toyota_corolla_1.5_xe_saloon.jpg

toyota_corolla_1.5_se_saloon_4.jpg

toyota_corolla_1.5_se_saloon_2.jpg

On 4/21/2021 at 4:13 PM, 13177 said:

I think he is referring to the fire-facelift version, which not many were sold here in the short 1.5 year + period. 

On 4/21/2021 at 7:17 PM, Heartbreakid said:

I find the Corolla from 1991 to 1995 was the nicest. I don't know which generation code it was. But after its successor came out in 1995, it was ugly to me because it took a step backwards in design. Then, came the Hippo Corolla which was even more awful due to the tiptoe looks. That was when all other Japanese makes follow suit except Honda Civic which still had the "normal" looking car looks.

The 9th gen FB Civic suffered the same fate as the Corolla, having to undergo a facelift within 2 years from launch. 

autowp.ru_honda_civic_sedan_za-spec_21.j

autowp.ru_honda_civic_sedan_za-spec_23.j

autowp.ru_honda_civic_sedan_za-spec_29.j

autowp.ru_honda_civic_sedan_za-spec_36.j

• Praise 14

On 4/21/2021 at 8:05 PM, Carbon82 said:

The original 8th Gen AE110 Corolla was so bad in look and choice of materials that the it has to underwent a facelift in less than 2 years time, the shortest in Toyota history.

I think he is referring to the fire-facelift version, which not many were sold here in the short 1.5 year + period. 

The 9th gen FB Civic suffered the same fate as the Corolla, having to undergo a facelift within 2 years from launch. 

autowp.ru_honda_civic_sedan_za-spec_21.j

autowp.ru_honda_civic_sedan_za-spec_23.j

autowp.ru_honda_civic_sedan_za-spec_29.j

autowp.ru_honda_civic_sedan_za-spec_36.j

Yes, that black bumper Corolla was the one I felt something was wrong with Toyota then because the Corolla before this was sleek, curvy and stylish. When I first saw this 8th gen Corolla I couldn't believe it or accept it. Was really disappointed.

Speaking of this FB Civic, yes, it was bad. It felt like it took a step backwards from the "Oh wow" FD Civic not so much on the exterior styling but on the interior design and build. The build felt cheap, hollow and plasticky. US market got a facelift to heighten up the interior design and quality, a facelift which we did not get and yet still selling at a high price with outdated engine then.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Speaking of old Toyota corollas saw this one. Not sure which era it belongs to, late 80’s or early 90’s?

A2D60E43-31D2-4AFC-9BA4-FE1037E4B37C.jpeg

SBV shld be towards the end of 1992, this generation (E100) 1st came out in 1991, arguagle one of the best corollas as it was over engineered and superb, sat in a few as a kid, always loved how comfortable yet spritely it was, and how the interior fit and finishing was miles apart from the equivalent sunny/lancer of the era

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

SPF dio conned before 😁

Plenty of examples with overloaded rear suspension. Either suspension was too soft, or policemen had to carry many barang barang in the boot. 

2679612812_0f35165a86_o.jpg

You mean this corolla was so bad in look? I find it look ok le?! Lol.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:06 PM, Fitvip said:

Unusual colour. 

IMG_20210421_190407.jpg

Saw this C63S a couple of times...there's a pikachu decal on the side near pax front door

• Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Very well maintained Suzuki LJ80 (SJ20) 

0fM2ypL.jpg

yhHcdWx.jpg

YrahaSR.jpg

This one cannot drive during raining weather, unless the driver wants to have shower while driving. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1