Jump to content
Carbon82

Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Recommended Posts

5th Gear
38 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

What brand is this??🙄🙄🙄

IMG_20210421_062754.jpg

avante with genesis badge

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
17 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I like understated and mundane-looking cars leh.
Also I don't get easily spotted.

I like the car too. The 7 and 9 series stood out!

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

I have seen many petrol version of the latest XC90 on our road, including the more pricey twin-charged T6 variant, but this is the first time I came across the D5, a twin turbo diesel with 235hp and 470Nm torque.

VmEETRX.jpg

  • Praise 12
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
33 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I have seen many petrol version of the latest XC90 on our road, including the more pricey twin-charged T6 variant, but this is the first time I came across the D5, a twin turbo diesel with 235hp and 470Nm torque.

VmEETRX.jpg

P.I...can bring in whatever Car/SUV you want.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
42 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I have seen many petrol version of the latest XC90 on our road, including the more pricey twin-charged T6 variant, but this is the first time I came across the D5, a twin turbo diesel with 235hp and 470Nm torque.

VmEETRX.jpg

I drove the D5 AWD variant some years back in Germany. It's a great cruiser and supremely comfortable at Autobahn speeds. The seats are the best I have ever sat in, and I felt fresh even after a 3-hour continuous drive. 

20170701_041317.thumb.jpg.83bf68244e9548d050d8c260e31e839b.jpg

Pic taken by my passenger. At 3600rpm, it was still pulling, but would later max out at 221km/h.

  • Praise 8
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged (edited)
36 minutes ago, iamahbee said:

I drove the D5 AWD variant some years back in Germany. It's a great cruiser and supremely comfortable at Autobahn speeds. The seats are the best I have ever sat in, and I felt fresh even after a 3-hour continuous drive. 

20170701_041317.thumb.jpg.83bf68244e9548d050d8c260e31e839b.jpg

Pic taken by my passenger. At 3600rpm, it was still pulling, but would later max out at 221km/h.

Volvo's seats are orthopedically certified. Best in the business some would say, despite their front headrests being fixed. 

Anyway, future models from them will be limited to 180km/h only, even in Germany. Safety in mind. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
12 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I have seen many petrol version of the latest XC90 on our road, including the more pricey twin-charged T6 variant, but this is the first time I came across the D5, a twin turbo diesel with 235hp and 470Nm torque.

VmEETRX.jpg

Good engine for this car.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5th Gear

AUDI / E-TRON ADVANCED 50 QUATTRO (SR, 20")

163852F3-E24C-4567-9A61-88F4F55F7515.jpeg

  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear

MERCEDES BENZ / SL 350 A

417094CA-E456-42FC-82AF-2E51210BE179.jpeg

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
13 hours ago, jimmyfong said:

nissan safari fire engine

IMG_20210521_172214_998.jpg

This 2nd generation Nissan Safari (Y60), which came with original fire fighting accessories, has been put up for sales almost a year ago. It is quite highly sort after in the US, but I wonder what can the buyer (high likely a fire engine otaku) do with it here in Singapore, since it can only be registered under commercial plate (GBx or Yx) and maybe the 20 years limits also applies, unless there is a classic scheme for commercial vehicle as well?

oaOifBJ.jpg

QEQupLe.jpg

Im4OhFO.jpg

jiFhWYi.jpg

HBccUfE.jpg

Y5lUb5f.jpg

  • Praise 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

Another baby AstonA8DBA09E-9F4D-4625-8959-EA22DE6D2439.thumb.jpeg.5f56ef85b3f20e37c5bdda70ed61be28.jpeg 

  • Praise 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

Photo took by my daughter.  Ask me must post here. She love those old classic car. 

IMG-20210523-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20210523-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20210523-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20210523-WA0007.jpg

  • Praise 13
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

@Tohto nice to know that there are youngsters who like classic car. [thumbsup] Share with your girl the one she spotted is the 1971 - 1976 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce (105 series) [not to be confused with 2000 Spider Veloce - open top and 2000 Berlina - 4 door sedan].

alfa_romeo_2000.jpeg

alfa_romeo_2000_gt_veloce_6.jpg

alfa_romeo_2000_gt_veloce_7.jpg

alfa_romeo_2000_gt_veloce_8.jpg

interior-dash.jpg

interior-seats.jpg

engine-bay-2.jpg

  • Praise 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

There is a red one running around near my place.  Doesn't interest me though. 

  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

@Tohto nice to know that there are youngsters who like classic car. [thumbsup] Share with your girl the one she spotted is the 1971 - 1976 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce (105 series) [not to be confused with 2000 Spider Veloce - open top and 2000 Berlina - 4 door sedan].

alfa_romeo_2000.jpeg

alfa_romeo_2000_gt_veloce_6.jpg

alfa_romeo_2000_gt_veloce_7.jpg

alfa_romeo_2000_gt_veloce_8.jpg

interior-dash.jpg

interior-seats.jpg

engine-bay-2.jpg

Spotted one a few weeks ago. I believe it's a GT Junior.

20210523_172525.thumb.jpg.052286fe1919438b9dbe163e0135cd1d.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×