Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

On 9/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, iamahbee said:

T190 Toyota Corona

I think this one is a Corona too.. In a similar colour scheme but darker shade and with PHV decal. 

IMG20210921220850~5.jpg

2 hours ago, Levinx said:

I think this one is a Corona too.. In a similar colour scheme but darker shade and with PHV decal

Yes it's a Corona.. year 1992 or so.. we used to call it big backside

39 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Yes it's a Corona.. year 1992 or so.. we used to call it big backside

I guess the Hipporolla has probably replaced it for that title..

23 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

IMG_20210920_072736.jpg

IMG_20210920_072815~(1).jpg

Nice. Clean.

From the wheels, maybe this is an S1?

I had an S2 for a couple of years. Nice balance and huge amounts of grip but maintenance got to be too scary even back than, as a few parts needed shipped in from UK/EU - I even needed a water pump shipped from a scrap yard in England somewhere. No idea how much it could cost now to fix, ouch, but this is really the only Porsche I've ever liked.

• Praise 3

19 hours ago, Discoburg said:

So rare to see a Fortuner now.

IMG_9033.jpeg

Fortuner are all looks and no go type of SUV. Big CC but slow. 2 wheel drive and cant off road. Really disappointed seeing it in action during TNP SUV event.

• Sad 1

Just now, Adrianli said:

Fortuner are all looks and no go type of SUV. Big CC but slow. 2 wheel drive and cant off road. Really disappointed seeing it in action during TNP SUV event.

Fortuner is based on Hilux ladder frame chassis.

Similar to Hilux, there is a transfer case in the middle.

2.7L petrol is definitely a disappointment.

2.8L Diesel is the Best.

• Praise 3

49 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Not sure if it’s capabilities but it’s a big ride.

6 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Not sure if it’s capabilities but it’s a big ride.

During the TNP SUV event, there was one obstacle that most 2 wheel drive SUV failed, its called The Pit. It is a big hole in the ground, half filled with water, the size of approx. 1 vehicle. Driver supposed to drive into it one end and drive out the other end. Going in was easy. Getting out of it was the toughest without 4 wheel drive. No 2 wheel drive SUV able to get out, required the recovery vehicle (an old Land Rover) to drag it out. Saw one one 2 wheel drive Mit SUV driver kept revving and revving till gearbox piang also unable to get out. In the end required tow truck back to SG. Siao one.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

On 9/22/2021 at 7:54 AM, Levinx said:

I think this one is a Corona too.. In a similar colour scheme but darker shade and with PHV decal

IMG20210921220850~5.jpg

Can use such a super old car as PHV? Will the price cheaper also? Lol.

Edited by 13177