Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 2

Carbon82

Twincharged
27 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

the exhaust note for the LC also very nice alrd. I peasant mah. haha.

Anyway,this Lexus very Quiet,until some Overseas Editors said too ''Soulless''...Cannot match with M850i...sound...

Twincharged
36 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Cannot be just for SG market mah.

Haha. Like that the lexus designer must OT liao. :a-panic:

Isn’t that what everyone does.. do 2 to 3 jobs for one pay

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
45 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

the exhaust note for the LC also very nice alrd. I peasant mah. haha.

Already the i8 has pipe in artificial sound because too quite .. just get a decent sound synthesis like the Renault Clio RS can liao 

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Exotic car in Sentosa Cove you also know.

Wu Ti Dou Ti

IMG_0209.jpg

五体投地 (wǔ tǐ tóu dì) 啦。。。I have not question you why took photos of my car without asking for permission. :D

I spotted this LC sometime in March this year, wanted to take photo but someone was inside the car (can't see male or female 'cos the car was back facing me). The VRN look like 10 from far, so it was 1Q.

1991 Nissan Sunny (B13)

H3RbklX.jpg

Z0mzyIz.jpg

Will the owner renew the coe next year? The car is 100% stock with fabric and original plastic wheel cover!

• Praise 9
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

五体投地 (wǔ tǐ tóu dì) 啦。。。I have not question you why took photos of my car without asking for permission. :D

I spotted this LC sometime in March this year, wanted to take photo but someone was inside the car (can't see male or female 'cos the car was back facing me). The VRN look like 10 from far, so it was 1Q.

1991 Nissan Sunny (B13)

H3RbklX.jpg

Z0mzyIz.jpg

Will the owner renew the coe next year? The car is 100% stock with fabric and original plastic wheel cover!

I think the driver might need to go and take eye test at driving centre before he can continue driving. 😂

(edited)
On 5/26/2020 at 9:59 PM, Carbon82 said:

Z0mzyIz.jpg

I learnt driving in this ! easy to drive with good all round visibility [thumbsup]

Edited by Othello

Matte black Beetle

IMG_20200522_151312252_HDR.thumb.jpg.8f61831e39a92d6d6ce6a37cd1883a42.jpg

Not the first time I spotted this Alfa. Should be staying ard Upper East Coast area

IMG_20200524_071438462_HDR.thumb.jpg.683bfc5b6987b3476348cccd0652a9e1.jpg

• Praise 7

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Saw this in hougang few days ago when out tabao'ing

TOYOTA / COROLLA GT

20200526_165320.jpg

20200524_134924.jpg

The Maserati beside qualify for the exotic car plate no. also. hahahaha.  

• Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

The Maserati beside qualify for the exotic car plate no. also. hahahaha.  

wah yah hor... 

i just posted one huat huat huat taken near your sec sch there (hawker centre carpark).

now got one luck luck luck...

hougang really couching tiger hidden dragon 🤣

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Othello said:

Matte black Beetle

IMG_20200522_151312252_HDR.thumb.jpg.8f61831e39a92d6d6ce6a37cd1883a42.jpg

Daughter just sent me this. Almost thought it's the same car. 

IMG-20200529-WA0002.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 2/13/2020 at 11:03 PM, Carbon82 said:

@Toeknee_33 and @Sugimoto, I caught this same Toyota Soarer today!! 

ahATg01.jpg

3Qs7E45.jpg

Really a beauty. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

The owner...

ST_20200530_TTMYCAR30_5698133.jpg

Sales manager Darran Kwok owns what may be the only Toyota Soarer in Singapore

Mr Darran Kwok drives a 1993 Toyota Soarer - possibly the only one left in Singapore.

The third-generation rear-wheel-drive coupe is a Japanese domestic model brought in by parallel importers. It is powered by a 2.5-litre engine making 280hp and 363Nm, paired with a five-speed automatic gearbox.

The fourth-generation equivalent - the Lexus SC430 coupe-convertible - was imported by Toyota agent Borneo Motors.

Mr Kwok first saw a Soarer in Japan in 2010. "I was walking out of a restaurant," the 43-year-old sales manager at an events company recalls. "The long bonnet, sleek windows, swoopy lines and muscular stance made me fall in love at first sight."

At that time, he was driving a Honda Civic SiR. The following year, a friend told him he spotted a Soarer at a used-car dealer.

"I drove there immediately," the father of three says. "I didn't know if the car was for sale, but I was confident that if I offered the right price, they would sell it to me."

He paid around $35,000 for it. "I wanted the car so badly, I did not even take it for a test-drive."

His haste cost him dearly. Within a month, the car made the first of many visits to the workshop.

In total, Mr Kwok ended up spending more than what he paid for the car on repairs. "The seats, dashboard and various panels were replaced as they were very worn," he says. "The engine was losing compression, so it was rebuilt. The turbochargers were also not boosting properly.

"The automatic transmission was replaced with a reconditioned unit as it was sluggish and showed signs of slippage. Even the door lever on the inside was not working - I had to wind down the window to open the door from the outside."

Even today, his workshop visits are not over. Yet he is quick to say no when asked if he ever felt like giving up on the car.

In February 2013, he renewed the Soarer's certificate of entitlement for more than $93,000, which he had to sell his Civic to help pay.

Mr Kwok has since added some modifications to the car.

Besides giving it alloy wheels, a bodykit and new exhaust system, he also forked out $9,000 (including installation) for an air suspension system made by American firm AccuAir. It allowed him to adjust the ride height by nearly 14cm. At its lowest, the car sits merely 1.3cm from the ground.

"I select the lowest setting when the car is parked as it looks so cool. When I encounter an obstacle like a hump or kerb, the highest setting allows the car to clear it with ease."

He has not thought about his next car. His children - aged six, four and two - can still fit in the rear seats, with the younger ones in child seats.

"I still enjoy driving my car so much," he says, adding that because it is the last of its kind here, "that makes it extra special".

And look like it is very very costly to own such a niche car... 

• Praise 14