British Travel Firm Thomas Cook collapses

PSP415

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Just ike AMEX travel 

Who still remembers Diners Card?

I had a diners until last year, but it was used solely for purchases at SS.

when SS introduced the BOC SS card, the diners  also gotten send back...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

9 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Aiyah should have booked my MIL with them. 

:D

You really want to book her on the rtn trip with them only, cfm no rtn.

for going to Africa, you really must book her on SQ, cfm get to go... 

So swee swee, cfm go and cfm no rtn, what can be a better plan? [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Aiyah should have booked my MIL with them. 

But you are gud doting SIL, always buy her premium annual travel insurance so that she stays away from SG   😉, I mean U😁

• Praise 4

Traveller's cheques (TC) I only used those issued by Citibank. Most currencies and widely accepted anywhere in the world. Before the onset of credit cards, the safest way to pay for overseas purchases in lieu of cash was by TC. TC were sold in denominations of the currency. The advantage is that even if get stolen, can get immediate replacement at the local issuer as the serial numbers will all be on the global database. The stolen cheques will be black listed. To use TC, have to sign on the spot, and present passport to the cashier who treats it as cash. I have used TC to pay at hotels, banks, department stores, restaurants. When I needed cash, I would go to a Citibank branch and exchange my TC for the local ccy cash. Same with Thomas Cook TC. Go to their branch.

Like the typewriter, TC is now a relic of the past. Credit cards and e-wallets have taken over.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Our very own "KenAir" also collapsed decades ago ... :lll._.:

With so many self internet booking and ppls travelling on Free & Easy trips, many will go burst as times goes by ... [sweatdrop]

I believe even I it was true , the tour guild would want to believe that it was not as it hurts their livelihood.

• Praise 1

I thought they were doing so well? 

Management can give themselves 20 million bonus. 

I think they can change their name to Thomas Crook

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

In 2008 Lehman Brothers collapse. 

In 2019 Thomas Cook collapse. 

When a very old company with someone's name collapse for me it's a sign for stock markets to collapse. 

• Praise 1

58 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I believe even I it was true , the tour guild would want to believe that it was not as it hurts their livelihood.

Even by land trips like '5 Stars' also stop operating ....  :ph34r: 

Believed venture into other areas and gets into financial woes ... :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

In 2008 Lehman Brothers collapse. 

In 2019 Thomas Cook collapse. 

When a very old company with someone's name collapse for me it's a sign for stock markets to collapse. 

So for the next 10 years coming (2029), sell all the shares with personal Names ... :wut:

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

So for the next 10 years coming (2029), sell all the shares with personal Names ... :wut:

All shares also can sell. 

• Praise 1