Scoot Removes Payment Processing Fees Globally

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Travel For Even Cheaper Now As Scoot Removes Payment Processing Fees Globally

Source: https://vulcanpost.com/675940/scoot-removes-payment-processing-fees/

image.thumb.png.ca696b74d7a383810a1308f987cd86b5.png

Looking to travel somewhere before 2019 comes to a close? Here’s some great news.

Today, low-cost carrier Scoot announced the removal of payment processing fees globally, aligning with its vision of making travel attainable for all.

This means that flights will get cheaper for travellers!

Said Mr Lee Lik Hsin, Scoot’s CEO on the announcement: “When Scoot first started, we offered a limited range of payment methods at a higher implementation and maintenance cost. As we expanded globally and heard our customers’ feedback, we took advantage of advancements in payment technology to implement many more payment methods to improve our customers’ experience.”

“In order to pass on the savings to our customers as our costs came down, we have since March 2018 progressively removed payment processing fees in selected markets. Now, we are ready to do away with it globally.”

This change will happen with immediate effect and will be applicable to bookings made on its direct channels.

For travel out of Singapore, Scoot previously charged $10 per traveller per flight for payment via credit card. This meant that for a return trip to Taipei from Singapore, each traveller previously incurred a $20 payment processing fee.

These fees will no longer be applicable.

Singapore Travellers, Use PayNow To Pay For Your Air Ticket

In a bid to provide its customers with a seamless booking experience, Scoot currently offers a wide range of payment options.

Beyond the more common payment options like Credit Card and PayPal, Scoot also offers payment via e-wallets Apple Pay and Google Pay.

With a presence in 67 cities and 17 countries and territories, Scoot has also made efforts to tie up with localised payment systems.

"For example, customers in Singapore can pay via local payment methods like AXS and PayNow."

Other examples of their localisation efforts include payment by WeChat Pay and Alipay for customers in China, Konbini for those in Japan, DragonPay for those in the Philippines, and POLi for customers in Australia. 

With technological advancements helping to significantly defray costs required to support and maintain payment infrastructure, Scoot has progressively removed payment processing fees since March 2018, starting with Europe.

P.S. If you’re looking for even more savings, Scoot’s Got To Go Promotion is also commencing tomorrow (24 Sept)! Find out more about the destinations and applicable travel periods for the promotion here: www.flyscoot.com/gtg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Reckon the cost will just be added into the ticket price.

No real diff la. Except now they can't advertise 50$ tickets when there's actually a 20$ fee (advertisement will be for $70).

for me is more like have they improved on their reliability ?

even if cheaper than the competition, i won't want to board the plane while it rest on the tarmac for a few hours due to this and that.

3 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

for me is more like have they improved on their reliability ?

even if cheaper than the competition, i won't want to board the plane while it rest on the tarmac for a few hours due to this and that.

how many times you sit scoot, how many times delay...?

14 minutes ago, Galantspeedz said:

how many times you sit scoot, how many times delay...?

I sat twice this year. SG-GZ, HK-SG

Both times delay.

2 minutes ago, Kusje said:

I sat twice this year. SG-GZ, HK-SG

Both times delay.

suay balls. was it due to typhoon?

i sat about 10 times pass 2 years... only once delay about 1hr, mostly on time and reach earlier than projected

travelled to and fro bkk, gz, nanchang, nanjing, wuhan

while cathay every trip sure delay, as long as 3hrs.... maybe our bazi don't match

1 hour ago, Galantspeedz said:

suay balls. was it due to typhoon?

i sat about 10 times pass 2 years... only once delay about 1hr, mostly on time and reach earlier than projected

travelled to and fro bkk, gz, nanchang, nanjing, wuhan

while cathay every trip sure delay, as long as 3hrs.... maybe our bazi don't match

No typhoon. Wasn't weather related at all.

Official reason given for both flights was that we were queuing for departure slot. But I checked the other flights departing at the same time and they weren't delayed so it sounds like BS.

The flight to Guangzhou was the worse. Supposed to take off 10pm and arrive 2 am. Bloody hell, delayed on the tarmac for more than 2 hours.

Edited by Kusje

1 hour ago, Kusje said:

No typhoon. Wasn't weather related at all.

Official reason given for both flights was that we were queuing for departure slot. But I checked the other flights departing at the same time and they weren't delayed so it sounds like BS.

The flight to Guangzhou was the worse. Supposed to take off 10pm and arrive 2 am. Bloody hell, delayed on the tarmac for more than 2 hours.

my encounter with cathay also always the 1am flight

↡ Advertisement