Climate change ...

Wt_know

to be fair .. it’s normal

a 16 years old will only care about beautiful sky, ocean, mountain and fresh air ... 

a 46 years old leader will only care about economy, investment, money making and political power ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 7

Anyone talking environment must have small energy footprint:

no no aircon no heater

Bath room temp water

no car, no bus, no escooter, use bicycle

extreme Low plastic use

use goods or services that have extreme Low energy footprint 

• Praise 6

12 minutes ago, Mustank said:

no no aircon no heater

Bath room temp water

extreme Low plastic use

i am pretty sure the 16 years old need unlimited “power” to charge her mobile one ... [sly][laugh] 

12 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i am pretty sure the 16 years old need unlimited “power” to charge her mobile one ... [sly][laugh] 

That’s very little lah 

heating and cooling, transport theses one big in a person life 

4 hours ago, Mustank said:

no no aircon no heater

Bath room temp water

extreme Low plastic use

So true!!!

Most of these "Climate Activist" are bloody hypocrites.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

But really they are the generation that going to inherit the damaged environment that is within controll by the older generation. 

The younger generation do have the right to kpkb to us. 

• Praise 2

18 hours ago, Mustank said:

That’s very little lah 

heating and cooling, transport theses one big in a person life 

How did she sail round the world and when she gives that speech,  how was it broadcasted? Definitely not Tazan time right? Well, in the right perspective,  moderation and not excessive damages to nature OK liao. Some of these talks and actions are symbolic only lah.

19 hours ago, Wt_know said:

to be fair .. it’s normal

a 16 years old will only care about beautiful sky, ocean, mountain and fresh air ... 

a 46 years old leader will only care about economy, investment, money making and political power ... 

Over here peeps care more if COE would drop or not...full cash...FD rate luah chuay 

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

This girl is a walk the talk true tree hugger. She sail a zero emission boat from Sweden to USA in 2 weeks.

https://time.com/5663534/greta-thunberg-arrives-sail-atlantic/

I guess your post on 'zero emission boat' is referring to my post on 'how she sail'. I just wanted to point out when I said 'how she sail' I am referring to be manufacturing of that boat. I am not against it but everything we do, it does adds up. 

8 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I guess your post on 'zero emission boat' is referring to my post on 'how she sail'. I just wanted to point out when I said 'how she sail' I am referring to be manufacturing of that boat. I am not against it but everything we do, it does adds up. 

Not referring to your post, just that i saw another youtube video the host mentioned she sail a "zero emission" boat. Was thinking at 16yrs old, if shes a sgrean kid she would be grounded for O level, still can spend 2 weeks in the sea.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged

More than 11,000 scientists have declared a 'climate emergency.' One of the best things we can do, they say, is have fewer children.

A group of more than 11,250 scientists from around the world have signed a declaration stating that our planet is in the midst of a “climate emergency.”

They cite climate-change indicators like warming oceans, melting ice, and rising greenhouse-gas emissions.

The researchers suggest some solutions. In addition to curbing emissions, they say, people should consider having fewer children and transitioning to more plant-based diets.

<< According to a 2017 study, having one less child is a more effective way of cutting carbon use than recycling, driving an electric car, being vegetarian, or using renewable energy.>>

• Praise 1

On 9/25/2019 at 1:21 PM, Xers007 said:

This girl is a walk the talk true tree hugger. She sail a zero emission boat from Sweden to USA in 2 weeks.

https://time.com/5663534/greta-thunberg-arrives-sail-atlantic/

They are saying the crew that bring back the boat is not zero emission.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9739595/greta-thunbergs-carbon-free-yacht-trip-flights/

If they bring back the boat,  how will she return with zero emission ?

Let’s look at the bigger picture ..... the amount of garbage , felling of forests, haze , emissions, convenience food packaging waste , plastics been dumped to each other’s countries in the name of recycling ...... just too much consumerism and in Sg ..... Huat lah en blocs ! And population explosion 

• Praise 4

20 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

More than 11,000 scientists have declared a 'climate emergency.' One of the best things we can do, they say, is have fewer children.

A group of more than 11,250 scientists from around the world have signed a declaration stating that our planet is in the midst of a “climate emergency.”

They cite climate-change indicators like warming oceans, melting ice, and rising greenhouse-gas emissions.

The researchers suggest some solutions. In addition to curbing emissions, they say, people should consider having fewer children and transitioning to more plant-based diets.

<< According to a 2017 study, having one less child is a more effective way of cutting carbon use than recycling, driving an electric car, being vegetarian, or using renewable energy.>>

Deceloped countries all have low fertility rates. Lower than replacement. 

China did the right thing, too bad India didn't do the same. 

Anyway another asteriot will hit earth again and wipe out humans. The earth will be reset and cockroaches will take over! 

• Praise 2

Twincharged
32 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Deceloped countries all have low fertility rates. Lower than replacement. 

China did the right thing, too bad India didn't do the same. 

Anyway another asteriot will hit earth again and wipe out humans. The earth will be reset and cockroaches will take over! 

Guess I will never know... 😂 

↡ Advertisement