Shanmugam warns of foreign interferences in Singapore

PSP415

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

So many things in SG break the law, of course Law minister can talk a lot mah. If u recall, the previous law minister never talk so much haha [:p]

Agree. 

This one on the ball.

Hopefully one day he can be our PM. 

Oops. Die. Soon he will have alot of darts aimed at him and every movement monitored, every word goggle checked for all angles of meaning to select one most damaging or negative.

😂😂😂 kidding on the attacks part.

I am just happy for facts to be shared in its time. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Hopefully one day he can be our PM. 

Haha i better not comment more on this statement. But by their own standards, not likely. 

2 hours ago, PSP415 said:

But i not so sure about Malaysians pretending to be Singaporeans lurking in this forum.

huh?

MCF = Malaysia Car Forum?

ok bye

7 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Thanks. Its on the internet!

My interpretation stands.

Gosh, this PM is a disaster because he speaks his mind and heart. Straight arrow. A PR nightmare because he did not think thru 30 dialects, 5 races and how a section of what he says can be made to sound so negative as with any text taken out of a whole speech. 

Ppl see it in a negative light. I see it differently.

I will give him my vote. 😂😂 My democracy. My rights. You know what he lacks? The "gunghu" style of his old man. That portion of text would have sounded like a threat coming from LKY than a plea to let him work in peace for the country.

😂 Aiyo. I hate politics and around GE time, many patterns from both sides plus unfriendly neighbour also want to stir.

Lets see more credible opposition candidates ya. Then our turn to have a good roasting time over our meals. 

Singaporeans must always stay united and not demand others see democracy like the youth of HK. Accept or whack.

Pls remember i tend to ignore mental traffic lights so not directed at u per se ok.

Appreciate the effort taken to find this clip. Kam sia 

Safe ride

Cheers 

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

huh?

MCF = Malaysia Car Forum?

ok bye

No wonder.

They lost their way. Lets shove them out soon.

😂😂

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Well to put this into context, we still don't have televised or recorded footage of parliamentary proceedings (that is not from MSM's daily 10min report on what happened in parliament).
Given that there are 70-80 pap mps and 5 opposition ones. So that 9 mins is PAP time, 1 min is opposition time. So how can we judge who's making sense? 

That would be really walking the talk.

Shanmugan is a top lawyer. U want to argue with him, 99% sure lose. Even if u fundamentally disagree with the basis of his argument.
It's not surprising he's often the one fronting the most unpleasant parts of govt policy.

Shutting down TOC?

The Govt already have the right to rebut and they have unrestricted access to all MSM, it is an overkill. While i don't agree with all TOC articles, don't think they are Fox standard yet.

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Shutting down TOC?

The Govt already have the right to rebut and they have unrestricted access to all MSM, it is an overkill. While i don't agree with all TOC articles, don't think they are Fox standard yet.

Our SPH is already way beyond Fox standard. 😆.. can't shut them down, so Fox standard is not the issue. 

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Obvious? 

I read it as more unnecessary noises detracts from good policies being weighed and accessed as one's attention will be solely taxed to "separate the wheat from the chaff".

Instead of debating on merits of a policy, it will be to debate for the sake of opposing.

That is why I prefer to understand the text of this in light of his full speech. Rather not assume based on my interpretation which is obvious to me and not to others just as your interpretation is not an obvious one to me.

Because the before and after text can add or subtract to my interpretation. 

Just my pov. 

Safe ride

Cheers

When you propose something, you definitely see merit in it before you propose. Surely you also wish to hear what others have to say about your proposal. So, it is not about 'sake of opposing'. When you say 'fixing them', for me it means ignore and bulldoze it. 

Of course we hear people talking nonsense just like those who said 'peaceful rioters'.  You can never prevent such people to achieve their own agenda. Telecast parliament sitting live and let people be the judge if they agree with such 'unnecessary noises' or real feedback. Always use official website to publish reports and the public can read the real things instead of relying on social media. Should official website falsify report, then it is time up for them.

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Obvious? 

I read it as more unnecessary noises detracts from good policies being weighed and accessed as one's attention will be solely taxed to "separate the wheat from the chaff".

Instead of debating on merits of a policy, it will be to debate for the sake of opposing.

That is why I prefer to understand the text of this in light of his full speech. Rather not assume based on my interpretation which is obvious to me and not to others just as your interpretation is not an obvious one to me.

Because the before and after text can add or subtract to my interpretation. 

Just my pov. 

Safe ride

Cheers

Sounds like you will endorse Trump on the latest Ukraine incident? Trump just wants to focus on governing the country and must do what it takes to derail and railroad Joe Biden from ever threatening his presidency.  

Just yada yadaing hor. 😂🤪😛

• Praise 3

21 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

When you propose something, you definitely see merit in it before you propose. Surely you also wish to hear what others have to say about your proposal. So, it is not about 'sake of opposing'. When you say 'fixing them', for me it means ignore and bulldoze it. 

Of course we hear people talking nonsense just like those who said 'peaceful rioters'.  You can never prevent such people to achieve their own agenda. Telecast parliament sitting live and let people be the judge if they agree with such 'unnecessary noises' or real feedback. Always use official website to publish reports and the public can read the real things instead of relying on social media. Should official website falsify report, then it is time up for them.

Again, we may be presuming how others should or will react or respond.

After years on this forum, i am convinced that this is erroneous because of many factors which may or may not be shared by others. 

What's obvious to you may not be so to another person. And even then, the interpretation can be worlds apart. That's why only need 2 humans for reason to create laws. No need many humans. There will be areas of disagreements or conflicts or selfish motives.😂

Anyways, i merely seek clarification and understanding of a text taken from a speech which was also only part of a longer one. But suffice that at this juncture, i am fine with my stand. I am also fine if others do not agree.

Because u see, i am only responsible for my own one vote. Others can look out for theirs. 

I hope GE over soon.

Tiresome country business. And i seriously hope outsiders keep out of our business.

Bloody empty vessels who sow discords and only happy to see ppl fight one another. Wasted they not born during the great flood. Can just leave earth immediately. 😅😅😂

Peace.

Just a platform to share and yada. Vote per your wish ya. Once in 4 years. After that, dun kpkb. Democracy is majority wins. Freedom is like that.😆

Sorry, not directed at u per se. Thoughts flowing freely.

Safe ride 

Cheers

• Praise 2

27 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Sounds like you will endorse Trump on the latest Ukraine incident? Trump just wants to focus on governing the country and must do what it takes to derail and railroad Joe Biden from ever threatening his presidency.  

Just yada yadaing hor. 😂🤪😛

Choy! Oi!

If i citizen there he wont get my vote. I rather he clear all those debts to businesses he owed millions FIRST even before he can run for presidency.

In my mind, he's a dishoxxxx Basxxxx who cheated and i guess only in USA, u can still become a President with unpaid debts.

He always say friend with NK and even at one stage with China. Everything is ok and buddy buddy with him. 

But what irks me is when he separated immigrant families who stayed in US during fat donkey years and start exporting them back now to score points. And some of these may really face persecution from the land they fled from. Humans ya, not cattle.

Just yada-ing yada-ing. Headache when i see his photo. Reminds me of a thief.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Stupid policy based on stupid premise

The outside world is always influencing us whether its culture music politics etc. U wanna magic wand that can let thru foreign influence like kpop but not foreign ideas like democracy freedom etc. good luck Heck look at conservative religious followers everyday in whatsapp grps they spreading foreign influence from rightwing nutcases in the US 

the hard truth is the only antidotes to foreign influence is (1) our society being so much better than the other countries that there is no attraction to their way of life (2) a population with such strong critical thinking its able to sift out peddlers of falsehoods on their own

(1) impossible to achieve

(2) will be the downfall of gahmen at same time 🤣

• Praise 2

But the funniest thing is Shan decide to talk abt this the week we find out our chief fintech officer is actually working with a fgn govt on stuff that obviously involve cyber security and we have no idea what passes between them

And suddenly the govt stance on fgn influence is all like naive teenager 

Edited by yishunite
  • Praise 2

11 minutes ago, yishunite said:

But the funniest thing is Shan decide to talk abt this the week we find out our chief fintech officer is actually working with a fgn govt on stuff that obviously involve cyber security and we have no idea what passes between them

And suddenly the govt stance on fgn influence is all like naive teenager 

So what abt that Riyad Mahrez look-alike..he seems like commenting on local policies a lot...Sham needs to intercept and stop him in his tracks as well...cannot have double standards right [laugh]

• Praise 1