This is why u dont lend car or money to ur friends

StreetFight3r

On 9/27/2019 at 4:51 PM, 13177 said:

Looks like many here dont lend car to other people to drive. Lol.

My car insurance cover only myself... Nobody else can legally drive. 🤪

Edited by Solar
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

I think the contract is between the owner and szetoh, unless szetoh has obtained prior approval from owner to let dominic drives his car.

As such, Szetoh should make good the loss to the owner if there is no prior approval.

The only thing left to establish is the loss amount. I don't agree with a straight line depreciation method, as being drivers, we all know our cars' market values are not reflected this way. A closer proxy will be the transacted price at sgcarmart for scirocco of similar age and transfer count. Cars nearing the 10 year cycle are typically at paper value only, plus a bit for body. 

A lesson learnt - if you can't afford to pay for the loss of a car, just take bus, MRT or take taxi/grab, or rent a car.

And another more important lesson - choose your friend wisely.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 8

Make friends must open eyes big-big.

Why lend your car to a "friend" when he can easily take Grab?

I have never borrowed a car from my friend, not even fom my father.

If you happen to have a friend who likes to go around borrowing things, especially cars, better siam far far.

The mentality is just not right. In hokkien, they call it "chow kuan".

• Praise 6

On 9/28/2019 at 7:49 AM, alex976 said:

True friends will never want you to be on the losing end. U won't want ur true friends to be on the losing end

So true, I only lend my car to close family members and a small circle of friends and very often,  the car will go out half tank and come back full tank, maybe they all cheong JB.  Lol

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Young chap taking 2 jobs to finance that scirocco, and then lend it to Bro Beng.

Both actions don't seem very wise to me.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 2

My spouse's sister also drove his car and hit the car park wall in Parkway.  End up damages $500+ also never pay him.

I dun understand why so cheapo, $500 also can act blur.  Own sister somemore.

• Praise 5
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, Dleodleo said:

My spouse's sister also drove his car and hit the car park wall in Parkway.  End up damages $500+ also never pay him.

I dun understand why so cheapo, $500 also can act blur.  Own sister somemore.

It is not cheapo, it is the value system.  You either have it or you don’t. 

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

So true, I only lend my car to close family members and a small circle of friends and very often,  the car will go out half tank and come back full tank, maybe they all cheong JB.  Lol

So true man. My BIL borrow my wife car the cashcard will gt $50 top up de each time

• Praise 2

I only lend money to friends. Like that I know exactly how much I stand to lose and usually prepared to write off.

Cars are a no no. Even if car is returned unharmed you can get a surprise days or weeks later. LTA/TP letter,  etc. I learnt after a friend got his car impounded, confiscated with no recourse. Lent his car to friend go jb and come back hiding illegal stuff. 

• Praise 2

There was one kind I don't like was borrowed car for wedding purpose. :we-all-gonna-die:

I don't mind if it is really for wedding but on the eve of wedding night, they took the car for a spin to JB (bachelor night) .... :lll._.:

Scratches, dent marks and overdue summon (when was stopped during MY highway operation) :pissed-off:

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 2

I become nervous when I have to lend my car to someone (to even my brother in law).

I don't like anyone changing my driving position , mirrors, controls(auto headlight and auto wiper), volume and so on. 

For me, it is a personal preference and unless am around to be sitting in the car while they are driving, I will never allow anyone to take my car out (unless its a valet , where there is no choice).

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Mrlancergtx said:

I become nervous when I have to lend my car to someone (to even my brother in law).

I don't like anyone changing my driving position , mirrors, controls(auto headlight and auto wiper), volume and so on. 

For me, it is a personal preference and unless am around to be sitting in the car while they are driving, I will never allow anyone to take my car out (unless its a valet , where there is no choice).

Valets also very dangerous. 

4 hours ago, Mrlancergtx said:

If i know that person well and if he/she is a season driver or own a car, i dont mind let them drive my car.

14 hours ago, Aventa said:

I only lend my car to close friends for driving experience and I must be seated inside the car.

I also want a driving experience leh.... never sat in a vent a door before leh. 

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If i know that person well and if he/she is a season driver or own a car, i dont mind let them drive my car.

Same for me plus must be close friends or relative lah....friend of friend have to collect car market value as deposit first. 

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Ichibawa said:

Same for me plus must be close friends or relative lah....friend of friend have to collect car market value as deposit first. 

Friend of friend confirmed cannot lend to them la. Even after collecting car market value as deposit. Lol.

↡ Advertisement