This is why u dont lend car or money to ur friends

StreetFight3r

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Friend of friend confirmed cannot lend to them la. Even after collecting car market value as deposit. Lol.

Then got excuse to buy another one which also contribute to building our nation.

↡ Advertisement

On 9/26/2019 at 11:43 AM, Atrecord said:

This type of problem is becos of few reasons:

1. now people everyday bro here bro there, then think everyone is blood brother and anything is ok - without even knowing the person well.
  2. when shit hits the fan, then the real side comes out and responsibility and accountability are words that have never been taught before.
  3. SG so stressed, pple on the roads when got a car in hand, all treat it as power, and must show the world how powerful they are.
  4. those who need borrow cars, are likely (caveat: not all, but most) not used to driving and not familiar/good with driving.
  5. if young, not used to nor good at driving, suddenly is in control of a car, then the car is decently powerful = recipe for disaster.

i also got borrowed cars before when younger, from uncle and cousin. Also got lent relative and friend cars before, and am fortunate that there was none of the above bad outcomes...

All these blood bro bro is bluff one. 

Good things, bro bro. When bad things come, all act blur and no bro at all

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

On 9/29/2019 at 1:21 PM, Dleodleo said:

My spouse's sister also drove his car and hit the car park wall in Parkway.  End up damages $500+ also never pay him.

I dun understand why so cheapo, $500 also can act blur.  Own sister somemore.

Sigh... i can feel for your spouse and you... cos i also have similar type experience...

When i bought my first car many years ago, my older brother also got borrowed my car before. Then after he returned, i noticed at the back got scratch marks. 100% he (or maybe my SIL) had backed into something.

And he didn't even tell me about it. 😤

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/28/2019 at 3:17 AM, Aventa said:

I only lend to my father, brother and girlfriend.

Girlfriend knocked and dented my exhaust while reversing too quickly 😪

But you got paid back in kind right?

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

In any case of lending to someone, (not just car lending), always lend with the expectation of risk involved and not able to get it back. 

If cant have this expectation,  then don't lend.

5 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

In any case of lending to someone, (not just car lending), always lend with the expectation of risk involved and not able to get it back. 

If cant have this expectation,  then don't lend.

Then simply refuse to lend.  No expectations , no sour relationship.  It's better .

14 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Sigh... i can feel for your spouse and you... cos i also have similar type experience...

When i bought my first car many years ago, my older brother also got borrowed my car before. Then after he returned, i noticed at the back got scratch marks. 100% he (or maybe my SIL) had backed into something.

And he didn't even tell me about it. 😤

Maybe they themselves also dont know they have backed into something? Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/2/2019 at 1:52 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

Valets also very dangerous. 

To me valets is more dangerous then lending car to friends who can be trusted. 

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

I can only hope so... but i doubt 😰

In any case, i didn't bring it up. Figured that no point making things awkward since i only have one sibling... plus if my guess was correct, then it will make him guilty 😆

26 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

I can only hope so... but i doubt 😰

In any case, i didn't bring it up. Figured that no point making things awkward since i only have one sibling... plus if my guess was correct, then it will make him guilty 😆

Got compensate or not not the main thing, but at least should own up the mistake made mah. 

2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

To me valets is more dangerous then lending car to friends who can be trusted. 

Quite true, valets is more dangerous and the risk is higher, although many might think valet is trained in handling cars?!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, 13177 said:

Quite true, valets is more dangerous and the risk is higher, although many might think valet is trained in handling cars?!

Most of the time they drive so aggressively in the carpark. U see the way most valet accelerate. Its nt their car why they bother to care sia

This is one of the reasons, why I pick and choose my friends that already own their own rides.
So they will never ask me to lend them my ride or ask me for money. And if these friends intro me to their friends that I sense are losers, I keep away from these losers.

Call me whatever you like, I don't care.

There was this fool about 10yrs back, ask me to lend him my ride, and this guy doesn't even have a license!
There are really such shameless people out there. And they say things like "blood brothers". Tui!

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, alex976 said:

Most of the time they drive so aggressively in the carpark. U see the way most valet accelerate. Its nt their car why they bother to care sia

Valet also same like those workshop mechanic, they might drive aggressively since it is not their car, they on the aircon full blast etc. Lol.

On 10/3/2019 at 1:02 PM, 13177 said:

I forward park in a factory area.  Heard a "kraak" sound.  I thought just rubbing the kerb so dont care.  Later I noticed this.  I think the kerb got something else nearby that cause the damage.  

Considering that I did not spot this until a few days later (and it's my own car), it's possible people did not realise what they backed into.

IMG-20191004-WA0007.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I forward park in a factory area.  Heard a "kraak" sound.  I thought just rubbing the kerb so dont care.  Later I noticed this.  I think the kerb got something else nearby that cause the damage.  

Considering that I did not spot this until a few days later (and it's my own car), it's possible people did not realise what they backed into.

IMG-20191004-WA0007.jpeg

how much did it cost you to fix this?

↡ Advertisement