This is why u dont lend car or money to ur friends

StreetFight3r

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

True, even the person who lend me his/her car trusted me, i also feel stressful to drive, esp if the car is new car or some expensive car. Lol. Many times even i am careful on the road but sway sway kana other drivers who are not reckless and crash onto my car also jialat liao.

When a couple from my ECA club got married, they asked me to be chauffeur for the merc which they borrowed from an uncle. I told them not a good idea but they were ok, said anything happened, they will be responsible. The 'pattern' was supposed to start early morning, so even asked me to drive the car home as i needed to be there around like 6.30 am (we stayed v far apart)...

I have always been a careful drive so the driving part was uneventful, even though it was the first - and only - time i drove a merc.

But the summon auntie issued a summon for the short ~7 hr i parked the car at my carpark... There was no provision for night parking at my carpark, so there was nothing much i could do...

My friends settled it 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

When a couple from my ECA club got married, they asked me to be chauffeur for the merc which they borrowed from an uncle. I told them not a good idea but they were ok, said anything happened, they will be responsible. The 'pattern' was supposed to start early morning, so even asked me to drive the car home as i needed to be there around like 6.30 am (we stayed v far apart)...

I have always been a careful drive so the driving part was uneventful, even though it was the first - and only - time i drove a merc.

But the summon auntie issued a summon for the short ~7 hr i parked the car at my carpark... There was no provision for night parking at my carpark, so there was nothing much i could do...

My friends settled it 😅

Usually when they want things to get done, they would say they will be responsible cause nothing happen mah. If something really happened and if it is serious, see if they still say they will be responsible?! [rolleyes]  I still remember when my cousin got married, he borrowed car from an uncle but dont allowed my cousin to drive the car home and parked. Car still must parked at uncle's house and cousin take taxi to uncle house to take car early in the morning. Think some people still worry their car even they agreed to lend.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Please lah....there is more to life than your MIL. Nasty and sacarstic  things I dun wanna say. But you really have to open up to other things in life 

But reading what Jamesc posted is often more interesting than your flip-flop neither here nor there kinda crap leh...please lah, can u look in the mirror and give us an answer why u r the end result of another procreation leh? 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Unfazed said:

But reading what Jamesc posted is often more interesting than your flip-flop neither here nor there kinda crap leh...please lah, can u look in the mirror and give us an answer why u r the end result of another procreation leh? 😂

Still clowning around? Why dun you tell us you born a clown MIL?

Pm me . We can always bring this conversation offline.  Alamak.... I forget you lack 2 of something down below. 

Edited by RogerNg_185295

8 hours ago, Atrecord said:

My friends settled it 😅

This one small money leh. If met into major accident and car total loss.. see whether it will be the same situation friends settled it.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Still clowning around? Why dun you tell us you born a clown MIL?

Pm me . We can always bring this conversation offline.  Alamak.... I forget you lack 2 of something down below. 

Wah fierce leh...how come u r not this fierce when ppl called u a c**t? Dun keep asking ppl to pm lah, issues like these go pm then is no balls. And be direct, is no balls just say no balls lah..what something down there? 

So embarrassing & shameful when called a c**t yet never fight back. Now pick up tat balls man! Way to go man, roger roger!

🙂😂

Edited by Unfazed
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Bioinformatics said:

How about borrow car to relatives? 

When shit hit the fan, you get to know a real person, relative or friend is  not important in the equation.

But in a case of a very close relative, one may be willing to write off his loss without asking for compensation, so the question is how relative is the relative ?

Next is how trustworthy is a relative? If a relative is that guy who borrow  a car and lend it to someone to drive,  then he is no diff from a friend.

• Praise 6

20 hours ago, Atrecord said:

This type of problem is becos of few reasons:

1. now people everyday bro here bro there, then think everyone is blood brother and anything is ok - without even knowing the person well.
  2. when shit hits the fan, then the real side comes out and responsibility and accountability are words that have never been taught before.
  3. SG so stressed, pple on the roads when got a car in hand, all treat it as power, and must show the world how powerful they are.
  4. those who need borrow cars, are likely (caveat: not all, but most) not used to driving and not familiar/good with driving.
  5. if young, not used to nor good at driving, suddenly is in control of a car, then the car is decently powerful = recipe for disaster.

i also got borrowed cars before when younger, from uncle and cousin. Also got lent relative and friend cars before, and am fortunate that there was none of the above bad outcomes...

yeah, when the person needs you, is bro here bro there... when he finished using... no longer bro here bro there

8 minutes ago, Actan72 said:

yeah, when the person needs you, is bro here bro there... when he finished using... no longer bro here bro there

Then it will be

bo eng

bo lui

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Daniu82 said:

I don't even borrow my new car (3 months) to my own brother. 

Wa, you dont trust your own brother driving skills ah? So your new car only allow your wife to drive?

5 minutes ago, Darevil said:

Sometimes it's not don't want lend, It's 留一个朋友做. Same goes for money.

True. Always heard if you want to 留一个朋友做, better avoid lending money, car or going holiday trip together. Cause might ended up no more friends. Lol.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Darevil said:

Sometimes it's not don't want lend, It's 留一个朋友做. Same goes for money.

Agree but the situation can be tricky at times. However, in this case, the friend borrow a car and ask another of his friend  to drive it goes to show how irresponsible he is. And  the outcome further substantiate how  irresponsible  the two guys are . Sad for that TS, how he could recoup financially  as much as possible.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

so lesson learnt here. do not borrow/ lend  your car to anyone. such things happen, you have nothing but yourself to blame.

i am not adding salt to the wound. but the pain you will have to bear it all yourself. 

Sup thumb.

↡ Advertisement