Cyclist, 65, died after accident with e-scooter rider in Bedok North

Ender

29 minutes ago, Ender said:

Look at the time stamp of the video, they are after Lam P Min said they have zero tolerance for riders who flout the law. But riders flouting of the law are everywhere and everyday. It's so bad, that it seems like LTA is very tolerant toward them, almost like having a silent blessing from them.

One of the reason why compulsory training will not work. They know the law, they broke it wilfully, telling them is wrong is not doing shxt.

Your favourite Sengkang West doc oredi say in parliament wor:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/banning-pmds-footpaths-would-push-riders-roads-lead-more-deaths-lam

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

3 hours ago, Soya said:

The same genius who told his constituents to suck it up and live beside a columbarium. Pls vote for him in next election. He really cares for u. 

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Come to think of it, what you said makes sense.

Before all these accidents, I remember a period of time where elder-lies are allowed mobility devices and barely anybody has a problem with that.

Not sure how it evolved into this mega big mess and I'm not joking about not enjoying my walks and jog anymore because of the constant need to watch out for PMD idiots.

Before PMDs were popular, we have issues with stupid cyclists too, mostly those riding racer bicycles. There were cases of accidents caused by such cyclists in the park as well.

Remember one accident in Punggol waterway park connector where a racer cyclist hit a little girl and injuried her but he rode away?

And recalling a few years back, fortunately no accident, I was walking in a park with my partner and one lady was with her dog stopping on the right side of the path in front of us hence we have to walk slightly outwards to pass her. And at this moment, came a stupid lady cyclist riding towards us at speed. 

After she rode past us, she turned back and shouted at us "Always keep to one side! " Before I could even react, she disappeared with speed. Mind you, the path width space was more than enough even for a car to drive past both of us and the dog owner with clearance but that cyclist just chose to have her self entitled mindset and rode with speed disregarding other park users.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 2

Actually to be Frank, those riding pmd to do grab food, food penda and etc are still okay. They do not speed excessively and mostly use pmd that is of compliance. It is those youngsters from teenagers to age 20 plus that ride on modified pmd that can go very fast, some even can go 70 to 80km/h with ease. There are some can even go up to 130km/h. These are the one that we need to get rid of not those who is riding pmd solely for food on the table. 

Usually those doing grabfood, food panda and etc, their pmd is those have sit one. Unlike those youngsters with modified pmd, those pmd do not have sit and they need to stand and balance to ride. So hope authorities to tackle on that. 

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/modified-e-scooter-clocked-150kmh-singapore-road?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2Jc-w8MyMFv6iqswkwTDzgL4ja2wLfsEUyv2ybd6bngV2jp4bFzh2vTuE#Echobox=1562894839

Remember this one.. Crazy speed to 150km/h along tanah Merah Coast road. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 7

15 hours ago, Soya said:

The more I read the more I want to slap his face.

Nothing but excuses and lame reasons that had ben repeated ad nauseum since the beginning of the scourge (yes I consider it a scourge, a plague if we want to beore dramatic). 

The only good that comes out of all this is to let those 70% see who they have voted last GE... Remember this when any of your love ones become next in line of being sullied by the pmd scourge (I don't wish it on anyone but that is a real risk that can happen to you, me, any of our love ones no matter who we vote). This is the one that rather protect PMD riders (who have a choice) to pedestrian using their own 2 feet to walk on pathways. So vote with eyes open next time OK. 

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

18 hours ago, Ender said:

Look at the time stamp of the video, they are after Lam P Min said they have zero tolerance for riders who flout the law. But riders flouting of the law are everywhere and everyday. It's so bad, that it seems like LTA is very tolerant toward them, almost like having a silent blessing from them.

One of the reason why compulsory training will not work. They know the law, they broke it wilfully, telling them is wrong is not doing shxt.

LOL, they can even overtake vehicles on the road.

Honestly, i prefer these youngsters aka si gina ride on the road rather on walking pavement with this kind of speed. Will surely get somebody killed at pavement.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

For me 'car lite' idea is ridiculous.

No one in Singapore will give up their car for a PMD.

And when these PMD riders are old enough they will quickly buy a car if they can afford.

So the idea that we can go car lite does not work.

• Praise 5

47 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

And when these PMD riders are old enough they will quickly buy a car if they can afford.

I believe this Lam P Min has stopped citing car lite as the excuse of pmd for some time. I think LTA has the data when they make it compulsory registration, and saw the data that the sudden surge in PMD registration did nothing to car usage. 

55 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

Car lite will only work when the leaders who initiate this concept set an example themselves. But many of these leaders all talk no show and expect the people to follow their concept. 

• Praise 1

What baffles me is that when the PM's reputation is being tarnished, immediate action is taken beri fast when someone shared an article online. Lawyer letter cum out fast fast...tio charge lim kopi etc...Dun misunderstand me, PM's reputation is undoubtedly important. But when you compare the speed of gahmen response towards SG women being molested by FTs or people being rammed down by marauding PMDs, you get the sense that something is not right. 🤨

• Praise 7

I think khaw gave this PMD task to Lam for 'grooming'. If he do well, perhaps he will be on the path to a full minister. So banning of PMD and end the project might not be a option for him if he want to stay on with PAP.  

But at least please make good on his promise to have zero tolerance. He is showing his incompetence here.

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Ender said:

I think khaw gave this PMD task to Lam for 'grooming'. If he do well, perhaps he will be on the path to a full minister. So banning of PMD and end the project might not be a option for him if he want to stay on with PAP.  

But at least please make good on his promise to have zero tolerance. He is showing his incompetence here.

Have you watch him speaking in par lie ment? Struggling to read from the script!🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 9/27/2019 at 7:13 PM, Ender said:

Bedok north resident poll, 70% say ban PMD. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/poll-shows-70-per-cent-of-bedok-north-residents-want-ban-on-pmds

Sorry I have no premium for the full article. 

It would be sad if for political expediency reasons, we ban PMD and punish the many (those who used the device to make a living and as a mobility aid) who have always ride safely, registered their PMDs and followed all safety rules put in place because some YPs have big balls but puny little brains. 

Sure the food delivery guy can walk but will it cost more given productivity and loading will drop? Will the food arrive cold?  Many here may not need food delivery services cause we have our own wheels but many others don’t.  

These food delivery platform business increasingly allows our hawkers and many smaller scale restaurants to compete against the likes of Pizza Hut, KFC and McDonald’s, who have always had the scale and volume to exclusively offer delivery of their own products to consumers for decades,  until now.

The food delivery business is however a threat to some F&B business (ie. steakhouse) and will possibly hurt the retail sector further.  Shopping mails are increasingly dependent on F&B and lifestyles/ service business to survive, food delivery will take away more traffic.

But you can’t stop technology.  Without PMD, it will be something else, maybe drones?  Good or bad, Grab is still giving our previously fat cat taxi companies a run for their money.  So I think Deliveroo, Food Panda and Grab Food can’t be bad for consumers. 

• Praise 2

Saying food delivery can’t be done without PMD is just BS.

Use a bicycle or a proper motorcycle, like last time. Simple as that.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7