Cyclist, 65, died after accident with e-scooter rider in Bedok North

Ender

Turbocharged

2 hours ago, RadX said:

Ban!

Bro - your thumb broke izzit? 

What's with all these one words (Found!) 

Or we doing word association 

• Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, Darryn said:

wah wah wah!!!

Look who is here!!!

Welcome back you bloody Kiwi, how are you? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

35 minutes ago, Darryn said:

Yo lamb chops

long time no see

38 minutes ago, Darryn said:

Long see no time!

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, RadX said:

Dei....dun ask what the country can do for u. Ask what u can do for the country.

So being knocked down n all dun matter laa. It's good for country & citizens apparently....

5 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Can this work? Interesting idea.

https://mothership.sg/2019/10/tay-kheng-soon-pmd/

Really depends on how deep is those speed grooves and for how much distance it covers.. Like this picture that he posted, it useless. Distance covers too short, and grooves are not deep enough. At a speed 25km/hr, it's only less than 1 seconds of discomfort. I have seen cyclist or PMD just cruised over these.

photo6136524671684815034-768x674.jpg

• Praise 2

Don't waste public money - the SGN will get PMDs with oversized cross country tyres and roll over these grooves as uF they aren't there! Only wheelchair users and ladies with high heels and joggers will suffer. 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

On 10/16/2019 at 12:06 AM, Ender said:

Really depends on how deep is those speed grooves and for how much distance it covers.. Like this picture that he posted, it useless. Distance covers too short, and grooves are not deep enough. At a speed 25km/hr, it's only less than 1 seconds of discomfort. I have seen cyclist or PMD just cruised over these.

The picture is used to explain space, not the actual design. This discussion is more relevant.

26D83FCA-00CE-4722-942D-A13AC88E239A.jpeg

• Praise 2

Many many years ago

when asked if government should build kerb ramp (cement or others) for wheel-chair, one MP or Minister in parliament reply NOT cost efficient

from that time on, I realized citizen's well-being are only by the way and is 2nd priority to pursuit of revenue 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

The picture is used to explain space, not the actual design. This discussion is more relevant.

Even the so called good design has some issue: the width of the rain shelter does not cover the entire walkway, only about 3/4! Why? Someone sleeping on his job to approve the design? 

When it rains, pedestrians, bikes, PMDs, wheelchairs will all kuay sio on one side of the walkway. At my previous work place, they also have the roof slanting down towards the zebra crossing at the slip road, meaning anyone wanting cross the road will have to go under the waterfall first when it rains. If the designer is not crazy, he must be idiot.... 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

On 10/16/2019 at 12:06 AM, Ender said:

Is it really a better design? With the shelter now partially covering the walkway after widening it? Ppl will comprain again when it rains. You know, why alter dont alter properly. It's a never ending BS.

I agree it's a waste of resources.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2