NUS Molester gets probation for 'minor intrusion' offences

Beregond

4 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I dunno.  When I say severe, I was meaning destroy a future over this?

My opinion for severity of crimes

Severe would be - murder, loan sharking, drug trafficking, assault and battery, robbery rape and molest.  Definite jail and caning or death sentence.

Not so severe

Theft.  I think this one it's like depend on the amount and motive.  

Peeping Tom - a bit vague when it comes to students.  Definitely there must be punishment  but to destroy a future?  I dunno.  So I was thinking of a custodial jail sentence as opposed to a criminal record.

Off topic.  If a student stole my wallet and returned it, I also dont think it's worth destroying a person's future with criminal record as well.  Or if someone stole my money to buy food I wont press for any punishment.  But that's me.  Cos I dont think it's that severe. 

Other crimes, I dunno. You must specify then I give my opinion.

Put yourself in shoes of the innocent ladies being peeped or videoed. 

The psychological trauma, the suspicion for everyone you have to carry around you when you are going about your own business. The freedom of choice to wear anything she likes instead of avoiding short skirts like plague. 

The lost of trust in basic human decency. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Pioneer Generation .... [sly]

Aiyoh... not yet there... but certain values cannot - or rather should not - change...

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Watwheels said:

You might ask how is imprisonment going to help these tiko students? IMO it doesn't but the victims and others want some kinda justice served.

How do you stop or quench "desire"? You can't. Aiya give subsidy for the tiko students to go Geylang. 😂

All these students can pretty well afford Geylang entertainment, no need subsidy. Look at their mobile data plans, their phones, branded stuff, etc. Geylang much cheaper, can get short-time already, depending on the House and nationality.

If scare people see (since these are students from good families, or maybe scare bump into their dad!), then go massage spa also can find entertainment, more discreetly.

Don't think they need subsidy.

7 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

My MIL has a lot of influence. 

Does he want buy her used and unwashed clothes? 

Better to sell to him than just throw away. 

It's green to reuse and recycle right? 

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
11 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

My MIL has a lot of influence. 

Does he want buy her used and unwashed clothes? 

Better to sell to him than just throw away. 

It's green to reuse and recycle right? 

:D

Influence or flatulence? 🤣

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Put yourself in shoes of the innocent ladies being peeped or videoed. 

The psychological trauma, the suspicion for everyone you have to carry around you when you are going about your own business. The freedom of choice to wear anything she likes instead of avoiding short skirts like plague. 

The lost of trust in basic human decency. 

As I always said, when it didn’t happen to you or your family members...talk is free.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

All these students can pretty well afford Geylang entertainment, no need subsidy. Look at their mobile data plans, their phones, branded stuff, etc. Geylang much cheaper, can get short-time already, depending on the House and nationality.

If scare people see (since these are students from good families, or maybe scare bump into their dad!), then go massage spa also can find entertainment, more discreetly.

Don't think they need subsidy.

House and nationality?????? AMDL???

Twincharged
On 10/22/2019 at 12:50 PM, Mockngbrd said:

sorry. AMDL!

I just had to recommend you this link... So if you want to change your mind.  

• Praise 1

Twincharged

another NUS student with potential for good ! must be a new subject ...

NUS student allegedly exposed himself in front of woman in university's science library

A National University of Singapore (NUS) student allegedly exposed his private parts and sexually stimulated himself in front of a woman at the university's science library on April 10.

Singaporean Xiong Jiawei, 27, was then charged in court with one count of insulting the woman's modesty and the pre-trial conference for his case will take place on Nov 5.

The woman cannot be named due to a gag order.

• Haha! 1

On 10/22/2019 at 9:27 AM, Philipkee said:

I dunno.  When I say severe, I was meaning destroy a future over this?

My opinion for severity of crimes

Severe would be - murder, loan sharking, drug trafficking, assault and battery, robbery rape and molest.  Definite jail and caning or death sentence.

Not so severe

Theft.  I think this one it's like depend on the amount and motive.  

Peeping Tom - a bit vague when it comes to students.  Definitely there must be punishment  but to destroy a future?  I dunno.  So I was thinking of a custodial jail sentence as opposed to a criminal record.

Off topic.  If a student stole my wallet and returned it, I also dont think it's worth destroying a person's future with criminal record as well.  Or if someone stole my money to buy food I wont press for any punishment.  But that's me.  Cos I dont think it's that severe. 

Other crimes, I dunno. You must specify then I give my opinion.

Would you say the same thing if the victim was your daughter, sister, girlfriend, wife or mother (MIL probably never mind)? 

Also steal wallet or money can return back, steal a touch can never return to previous untouched state. 

Adequate sentencing is not only to punish the culprit, but also to deter the next potential one from doing the same. 

• Praise 4

6 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

another NUS student with potential for good ! must be a new subject ...

NUS student allegedly exposed himself in front of woman in university's science library

A National University of Singapore (NUS) student allegedly exposed his private parts and sexually stimulated himself in front of a woman at the university's science library on April 10.

Singaporean Xiong Jiawei, 27, was then charged in court with one count of insulting the woman's modesty and the pre-trial conference for his case will take place on Nov 5.

The woman cannot be named due to a gag order.

This one understandable. Science library, he's helping her study biology. 😂

• Haha! 3

9 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

This one understandable. Science library, he's helping her study biology. 😂

wah lao... should be nearby Medicine library, which presumably you frequented lah.

this was a live demo of a certain interesting topic...

• Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

wah lao... should be nearby Medicine library, which presumably you frequented lah.

this was a live demo of a certain interesting topic...

Actually I spent more time in science library (reading math and physics stuff) and central library (reading philosophy stuff) than med library. 

I didn't do much studying for med.😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1