NUS Molester gets probation for 'minor intrusion' offences

Beregond

On 10/22/2019 at 1:49 PM, Vratenza said:

Put yourself in shoes of the innocent ladies being peeped or videoed. 

The psychological trauma, the suspicion for everyone you have to carry around you when you are going about your own business. The freedom of choice to wear anything she likes instead of avoiding short skirts like plague. 

The lost of trust in basic human decency. 

True in what you had posted, provided we live in a perfect where we  have the technology to turn back the clock to view exactly the event, what happened in the mind of the "criminal", the "victim" actions that led to such event.

If every living being got so much self control we do not need alcoholic anonymous, helpline for stop smoking or gambling.

We ALL know even smokers know that smoking kills but some cannot control themselves and still continue to smoke.

We ALL know that gambling can destroy lives, some know and they are destroying their family including their children but they can't help but continue to gamble.

Prior to the event, had the "victim" created an entrapment situation, flirt with the victim, wear seductive clothes all the time, etc.

The variables are plenty and we never will know.

Don't mean to personal, but do you or any doctor, everyday put 100% into even patient who comes for a consultation. Some may be mis-diagnosed or mis-managed. How many earlier cancer patients were missed? Here, we are not even talking about psychological trauma BUT also an unfortunate pre-mature death from a missed early caner.

My point is to condemn, first to be exhaustive in your investigation BUT to praise be lax.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

51 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Prior to the event, had the "victim" created an entrapment situation, flirt with the victim, wear seductive clothes all the time, etc.

The variables are plenty and we never will know.

Yes i also say if u hear abt a murder... maybe we shld not judge the murderer coz maybe the victim upset the murderer. And if there is a thief maybe we shld not judge the thief coz maybe the victim was flashing money everywhere. I mean look at those ppl with $10m house... just asking to be robbed right?? And if there was a rapist, same could be entrapment situation. And if there is molester, same, entrapment situation.

U already decide the crime not serious by comparing it to noncriminal activity like gambling and smoking. Otoh if compare with actual crimes ur reasoning looks terrible.

17 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

another NUS student with potential for good ! must be a new subject ...

NUS student allegedly exposed himself in front of woman in university's science library

A National University of Singapore (NUS) student allegedly exposed his private parts and sexually stimulated himself in front of a woman at the university's science library on April 10.

Singaporean Xiong Jiawei, 27, was then charged in court with one count of insulting the woman's modesty and the pre-trial conference for his case will take place on Nov 5.

The woman cannot be named due to a gag order.

Surname Xiong must be some new citizen from China or Taiwan.

Gawd damn tiong wanker.🤣

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Actually I spent more time in science library (reading math and physics stuff) and central library (reading philosophy stuff) than med library. 

I didn't do much studying for med.😂

No wonder lah, you sounded experienced [lipsrsealed]

:XD:

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, yishunite said:

Yes i also say if u hear abt a murder... maybe we shld not judge the murderer coz maybe the victim upset the murderer. And if there is a thief maybe we shld not judge the thief coz maybe the victim was flashing money everywhere. I mean look at those ppl with $10m house... just asking to be robbed right?? And if there was a rapist, same could be entrapment situation. And if there is molester, same, entrapment situation.

U already decide the crime not serious by comparing it to noncriminal activity like gambling and smoking. Otoh if compare with actual crimes ur reasoning looks terrible.

i think you dont get it

its not about the crime or comparison of crimes

eg murder case, not all murder cases ended up being hanged but majority do

the point is we need to determine cause for murder

let me ask you, there are times when you know you did not do wrong but being accused of, yet, you kept silence because going about to prove you are right does not justify the effort and consequences.

so from a third party, since you never deny, you are guilty

but being a third party we can be better than that

• Praise 1

OK, now extended to Poly students ....:wut:

Yahoo news : Poly student who took upskirt photos of women in one month given probation

SINGAPORE — A 20-year-old polytechnic student was caught red-handed taking upskirt photos of a 17-year-old victim at a bookstore in December 2017, a court heard on Monday (11 November).

A forensic analysis of Shaun Ng Wei Xuan’s phone found at least 243 compromising photos, including upskirt ones, of various women that were taken on at least 134 separate occasions between 17 October and 28 November 2017.

At the State Courts on Monday, Ng, now 22, was given 21 months’ probation having earlier pleaded guilty to two charges of insulting the modesty of women.

Another count of insulting the modesty of women was considered in sentencing.

As part of his probation sentence, he will have to remain indoors between 10pm and 6am, and also perform 120 hours of community service.

Link : https://sg.yahoo.com/news/poly-student-who-took-243-compromising-photos-of-women-in-one-month-given-probation-122024515.html

243 of compromising photos = probation ... :slow:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

On 11/12/2019 at 8:57 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

OK, now extended to Poly students ....:wut:

Yahoo news : Poly student who took upskirt photos of women in one month given probation

mpromising photos = probation ... :slow:

You from RP ? I heard RP is full of crazy people :grin:

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Finally.. if the law is unable to protect or secure our rights....some institutions did the right thing

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ntu-student-film-woman-shower-video-expelled-12156546

FT NTU Student Charged with Filming Woman In Shower Expelled From NTU

Easy to take action on foreign student with no connections here ... what I want to know is why some presumably local perpetrators are hidden by gag orders and get off lightly without being expelled?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Easy to take action on foreign student with no connections here ... what I want to know is why some presumably local perpetrators are hidden by gag orders and get off lightly without being expelled?

Those are from NUS.....the treatment differs from institution to institution?

Twincharged

Gavin's friend ?? … but don't think can get the same treatment.

Student who filmed women in toilets asks for leave to continue studies abroad

A student from a prestigious British school is facing charges for filming several women in the toilet.

The accused student, whose identity cannot be revealed, secretly recorded women as they used the toilet.

A report by the Straits Times said that the accused victimized 11 women over the course of three years.

One of his victims was also a minor when she was filmed by the accused.

The student was also found to be in possession of 20 videos as proof of his crimes. Sixteen of the videos included recordings of the women that he invited to his residence in Singapore.

As such, prosecution argued that the student had a “significant degree of planning and premeditation” as he committed the crimes.

The accused requested to leave Singapore in order to continue his studies in the top British university.

However, prosecution opposed the accused’s request saying that he is a “flight risk” and that he might no longer return to Singapore once he is given permission to leave the country.

The student faces 19 charges of insulting a woman’s modesty and one more charge of possessing obscene films. He is summoned to return to court on Friday (10 Jan)./TISG

All these perverts come from prestigious schools, get good result, rich family background.

Imagine our future minister like this pattern.

↡ Advertisement