NUS Molester gets probation for 'minor intrusion' offences

Beregond

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i no expert, but i feel we following the western way too much.

we lost alot of our good eastern values. 

You think it is the case? But look at another case by the same judge. The verdict has nothing to do with eastern or western values.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/nepalese-monk-travelling-singapore-jailed-5-months-molesting-woman

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Is it because the victim looks slutty or trashy looking? 🤣

And how in the world the judge knows the boy's grades are good or bad? How his academic result became evidence? How is it linked to molesting a woman, I wonder?

And how come the judge challenged the prosecution to appeal if he/she is not satisfied with her sentence? Arent they from the same side....to uphold the law? Wtf are we looking at? How will women have faith in our judicial system when their modesty is being outraged and the molester get away scot free? 

Maybe you get hold of probation report which judge based her decision on

We are told by the law minister not to undermine the judicial system whatever the outcome but this is outrages. 

Since where in the law allow those who have good academic results to commit molestation w/o consequences?

The moral and integrity of our courts and judges are put into question. It's obviously a biased verdict or selective judgement.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

We are told by the law minister not to undermine the judicial system whatever the outcome but this is outrages. 

Since where in the law allow those who have good academic results to commit molestation w/o consequences?

The moral and integrity of our courts and judges are put into question. It's obviously a biased verdict or selective judgement.

He is still very very busy with TOC leh, where got time for such "trivial" incident? 🤣🤣 

Talking about selective attention... 🤐🤐

• Praise 9

9 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

He is still very very busy with TOC leh, where got time for such "trivial" incident? 🤣🤣 

Talking about selective attention... 🤐🤐

The most comical is when the auntie I mean judge vouch for the molester and told him not to"disappoint" her. 🤦‍♂️

Do we have a juvenile court now?🤣

This is "minor" stuff I guess. A molester with a history of such behaviour since his enrollment to NUS 2016 is not only overlooked as a potential to be a sex fiend but instead his good grades has a "better" potential to do so much more "good". I hope she regrets what she had said...soon.

16 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

The most comical is when the auntie I mean judge vouch for the molester and told him not to"disappoint" her. 🤦‍♂️

The way you reply reminded me of this old joke... 

A man accidentally elbows a woman's boob as she is standing behind him in a hotel lobby. The man apologizes profusely and says "if your heart is as soft as your breasts, I know you'll forgive me."

To which the woman replied "if your dick is as hard as your elbow, I'm in room 318.":XD:

OK now back to the topic. This type of sentence is really sending the wrong signal to all youngsters. Student from prestigious Institution with good grades can have many "privileges", while student from the lower end of the spectrum deserved all the shits once they make a slight mistake?!

6 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

Anyone knows what is the minimum GPA requirement to get away with slap on the wrist for a serious crime? Asking for a friend🙊

I also interested to know the "cut-off" point and see if I have been short changed... :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 10
  • Haha! 1

Avoiding incarceration does help for teenage/adolescent offenders. As a heavy sentence in your earlier years would decrease the chance that someone can rehab back into society and be a good citizen.

At this stage even into early 20s when their pre-frontal cortex may not be fully developed, it maybe wise to give a lighter sentence. Though it really depends on the crime also, eg. pick pocketing or casual theft vs armed robbery. 
While i can't condone any such behaviour, someone who on impulse touches a woman/girl once in a packed train, as opposed to say in this case, repeatedly following the victim and doing minor intrusions at least 3 times (based on what was in the news report), could be given a light "slap of the hand".

In these cases, a holistic evaluation should be done on whether the person is of a "good character". Parents testimony has to be discounted. U may not have been a remarkable student in school given how many students a teacher handles per year. Grades should be a component somewhere, but it really doesn't say much of your character or your integration with society. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Avoiding incarceration does help for teenage/adolescent offenders. As a heavy sentence in your earlier years would decrease the chance that someone can rehab back into society and be a good citizen.

At this stage even into early 20s when their pre-frontal cortex may not be fully developed, it maybe wise to give a lighter sentence. Though it really depends on the crime also, eg. pick pocketing or casual theft vs armed robbery. 
While i can't condone any such behaviour, someone who on impulse touches a woman/girl once in a packed train, as opposed to say in this case, repeatedly following the victim and doing minor intrusions at least 3 times (based on what was in the news report), could be given a light "slap of the hand".

In these cases, a holistic evaluation should be done on whether the person is of a "good character". Parents testimony has to be discounted. U may not have been a remarkable student in school given how many students a teacher handles per year. Grades should be a component somewhere, but it really doesn't say much of your character or your integration with society. 

The victim said she was touched from "clitoris to her vagina". Not sure how the judge managed to classify that as minor.

19 hours ago, Kusje said:

Screenshot_20190926_175525_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

OK now back to the topic. This type of sentence is really sending the wrong signal to all youngsters. Student from prestigious Institution with good grades can have many "privileges", while student from the lower end of the spectrum deserved all the shits once they make a slight mistake?!

Soon, Jack Neo can make I Not Stupid 3

↡ Advertisement