Singaporean driver paid RM28k in fine in JB

StreetFight3r

2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Imagine the 28K worth of summons is not incurred by yourself. then you have to made to pay for it. Shag to the max man. 4D never strike, Summons hit jackpot.

He could be stopped many times and had his particulars recorded by the Traffic Police Officer. Issued a summon and asked to pay at any of the JPJ office to pay. He did not and maybe just keep his tickets or throw it away.

That is why he accumulated so many tickets tag to his name ad not to vehicles registration numbers as he could have change many cars leow. Those speeding captures by cameras can only produce the photo of speeding vehice number but not the drivers particulars. Unless those by speed cam at one point and after 3 km later, road block by TP men. Thats also they took down the particulars or pay on the spot.

I believe many useless speed photos kept in JPJ office but unable to trace SG vehicle owners inwhich why they introduce the VEP where the owner are in their computer system and write to you of a intended summon committed in MY. JPJ officers not so "on the ball" to check vehicle numbers at checkpoint or during their operations and worst still, most frequent drivers know their likely day & hours of operations ..... [lipsrsealed]

Even they screen your vehicle number during their operation and you have outstanding summons, one can always said that they don't carry enough money and ask them to issue another ticket. I promise I go to JPJ office to pay.....   [sly]

Like playing a 'Cat & Mouse' game. Catch me again the next time. ^_^   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Okay. then I have a question for you guys. If the previous owner has accumulated speeding fine and currently as the owner of the car, I still have to pay for the fine? 

so far I have mixed responses from ppl ard me. 

One friend had his sales and purchase agreement of the car with him, and showed it to the MY police, the summons were before he bought the car, and they let him off. 

another 2 did the same, but was told that summon is tag to car plate, so they only recognize the car plate and not the owner. They were made to pay up the summons and told to settle it with the ex-owner themselves.  These 2 more recent than the one who got off. 

So you may want to consider. [:p][laugh][laugh]

But now I think with VEP, soon summons will be tag to passport/IC number liao. 

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Tianmo said:

One friend had his sales and purchase agreement of the car with him, and showed it to the MY police, the summons were before he bought the car, and they let him off. 

another 2 did the same, but was told that summon is tag to car plate, so they only recognize the car plate and not the owner. They were made to pay up the summons and told to settle it with the ex-owner themselves.  These 2 more recent than the one who got off. 

That 2 must be kuai lan with the mata lar ..... :ignoring:

Come down from vehicle : "What !! , I just bought this car what, fine the last owner lar. you onwself see the vehicle particulars lar"

vs

"Sorry, inche, I the new owner, I did not know I got summon in MY, Here my vehicle particulars"

Now you see, who will be given chance and who kena summon ... :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
22 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I think I will not go to Malaysia for now until the dust has settled. Scary leh.

• Praise 3

17 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

Singaporean driver pays RM28,000 in traffic fines in Johor Bahru

JOHOR BAHRU: A Singaporean man paid outstanding fines of RM28,000 (S$9,200) in Johor Bahru on Sunday (Sep 29) after he was detained by the police.

The man, who is in his 60s, has had 116 traffic summonses issued against him since 2000, said Bukit Aman traffic investigation and enforcement department deputy director Mohd Nadzri Hussain. 

A total of 3,174 fines were settled during the three-day operation, with Singaporeans making up 2,687 of the figure.

“As of this morning, we managed to collect about RM611,000 in traffic fines and summonses at both locations," said Mohd Nadzri, adding that the amount collected is expected to reach RM75,000 by midnight. 

JOHOR BAHRU: A Singaporean man paid outstanding fines of RM28,000 (S$9,200) in Johor Bahru on Sunday (Sep 29) after he was detained by the police.

The man, who is in his 60s, has had 116 traffic summonses issued against him since 2000, said Bukit Aman traffic investigation and enforcement department deputy director Mohd Nadzri Hussain. 

The 10th series of the operation which involved 116 personnel was conducted at the Gelang Patah R&R, Iskandar Puteri and at Muzium Tokoh, Jalan Lingkaran Dalam.

There have been 247,278 outstanding traffic summonses recorded since 2000, said Mohd Nadzri. 

He reminded traffic offenders to check the status of their summonses and make payments at two kiosks at the traffic division office of the Johor Bahru selatan district police headquarters.

For Singaporean drivers, payment can also be made at AXS machines.

“Payments can also be made at the COPS traffic counter at all district police headquarters and summons checking can also be done through MyEg portal at www.myeg.com.my and rilek.com.my,” he said.

Mohd Nazri said once the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) comes into force, traffic offenders from Singapore must first settle all their summonses before being allowed to return. 

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/singaporean-driver-outstanding-fines-johor-vep-11953802

“As of this morning, we managed to collect about RM611,000 in traffic fines and summonses at both locations," said Mohd Nadzri, adding that the amount collected is expected to reach RM75,000 by midnight."

They are so open about it. 

I still cannot get why morning collected  $600K then midnight expected to reach $75k. 

THE $500k turn into Cinderella? 

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

“As of this morning, we managed to collect about RM611,000 in traffic fines and summonses at both locations," said Mohd Nadzri, adding that the amount collected is expected to reach RM75,000 by midnight."

They are so open about it. 

I still cannot get why morning collected  $600K then midnight expected to reach $75k. 

THE $500k turn into Cinderella? 

should be $750,000, there's always typo or errors in press report.

May refer to here also
https://says.com/my/news/singaporean-driver-settles-rm28-000-fine-for-116-outstanding-summonses-in-johor-bahru?fbclid=IwAR1IArbSCyEblU57_jLiotT4kN7XYyccZYP0H-nay3NTCDC3SxPwJhqrV40

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Just change your plate number lah.

Haha. My birthday coming leh.

image.png.5ea5cabc4baed9151df5e5c1a5aaf83c.png

This number is the same as my last 4 digits of my mobile number. hahaha. 🤣

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Haha. My birthday coming leh.

image.png.5ea5cabc4baed9151df5e5c1a5aaf83c.png

This number is the same as my last 4 digits of my mobile number. hahaha. 🤣

Haha. This car plate legit. no records. 

image.png

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, SIM37 said:

This idiot also quite kum gong

If he KNOWS he has over 116 summons already, just go LTA change number plate la LOL.

$1000 only

Some old number plates are worth 5 figures.

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, SIM37 said:

This idiot also quite kum gong

If he KNOWS he has over 116 summons already, just go LTA change number plate la LOL.

$1000 only

Looks like LTA counters are busy handling request for change of license plate number.

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

What i meant was the value of the number plate may be more than the fine. Thats why some ppl choose to retain.

Can always get a coe car and retain it with that car.