Singaporean driver paid RM28k in fine in JB

StreetFight3r

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

so far I have mixed responses from ppl ard me. 

One friend had his sales and purchase agreement of the car with him, and showed it to the MY police, the summons were before he bought the car, and they let him off. 

another 2 did the same, but was told that summon is tag to car plate, so they only recognize the car plate and not the owner. They were made to pay up the summons and told to settle it with the ex-owner themselves.  These 2 more recent than the one who got off. 

So you may want to consider. [:p][laugh][laugh]

But now I think with VEP, soon summons will be tag to passport/IC number liao. 

Let me share my experience.

I went in on Sat and I was stopped by their operation near 1st link when driving back to Singapore.

I was the third owner of present car, and took over the car in 2016.

There was total 4 summons from the 1st owner.

Two in 2007, with RM300 for each fine

One in 2008, RM 300

Last one in 2011, RM 150

Total RM1050, all not by me.

However, they insisted the summons were tagged to the car plate, not owner, did not buy my story.

In the end have to pay up part of the summons before they allowed to let me go.

The remaining unpaid summons were still in the system.

Meaning if next time, I get into this operation again, they will still ask me to pay the remaining outstanding summons.

Also, at that point of time, I did not have the sales and purchase agreement with me.

But judging from their behavior, i dun think they will let me off even if i show the the purchase agreement.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 2

18 minutes ago, Pmmj_mao said:

I went in on Sat and I was stopped by their operation near 1st link when driving back to Singapore.

One in 2008, RM 300

Last one in 2011, RM 150

aberthen .... 

it's jpj problem

it's lta problem

it's sale of used car problem for not settling past summons

it's NOT my problem

my operation today is to collect "unpaid" summons because this car got summons

you no pay ... you no go ... as simple as that

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 4

19 hours ago, Spurman said:

A move against corruption in bolehland and mostly a timely reminder to us singaporeans do not speed liao in malaysia.

yeah.. a number of drivers also shared that when they "settle" on the spot, they were still black listed on the system.

So its better to just ask them to ticket you.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, SIM37 said:

This idiot also quite kum gong

If he KNOWS he has over 116 summons already, just go LTA change number plate la LOL.

$1000 only

manage to siam so long already, who knows one fine day....... haha

i guess he also assume they will never enforce the payment

I was at 2nd link approx 7.30pm during the MY operation. All cars & motorcycle were channel into the carpark before Shell petrol station.

My record was clean due to new plate number. However, I saw many drivers queuing to pay the fines. Becos of the road block, customs was clear returning to SG.

Finally, the MY polis has learned the better way to collect all outstanding fines. I am sure this is the protocol from now to check on cars & motorcycle outstanding summon.

3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think I will not go to Malaysia for now until the dust has settled. Scary leh.

You checked online and there are summons for your car plate #?

1 hour ago, Pmmj_mao said:

One in 2008, RM 300

Last one in 2011, RM 150

However, they insisted the summons were tagged to the car plate, not owner, did not buy my story.

Meaning if next time, I get into this operation again, they will still ask me to pay the remaining outstanding summons.

Also, at that point of time, I did not have the sales and purchase agreement with me.

But judging from their behavior, i dun think they will let me off even if i show the the purchase agreement.

If you didn't have the transfer docs then you're basically giving them an excuse that they've probably heard all day.

BTW, how did you nego to only pay off part of the fine?

27 minutes ago, Tcx607 said:

I was at 2nd link approx 7.30pm during the MY operation. All cars & motorcycle were channel into the carpark before Shell petrol station.

My record was clean due to new plate number. However, I saw many drivers queuing to pay the fines. Becos of the road block, customs was clear returning to SG.

Finally, the MY polis has learned the better way to collect all outstanding fines. I am sure this is the protocol from now to check on cars & motorcycle outstanding summon.

I also came back yesterday and was funneled in. 

They just waved for me to go without checking.... Weird.

9 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

have leh. hahah. since 2007 sia. 

How much? Also 28k?

Small amount then just pay it off lor. Rather than you waste 1k changing your number plate.

15 minutes ago, Kusje said:

If you didn't have the transfer docs then you're basically giving them an excuse that they've probably heard all day.

BTW, how did you nego to only pay off part of the fine?

Yes, I negotiate.

BTW, is there anyway to obtain the transfer document online if i lost the original hard copy?

48 minutes ago, Tcx607 said:

Not "finally"

2006 I was already stopped by JPJ after clearing Immigration at 2nd Link and before heading to the bridge. If you look left side as you clear the complex, there is a JPJ office there and that day was quite busy. I had to negotiate three speeding tickets and one red light...….there was a further three tickets that is in the system from the previous owner but because I showed "willing" to pay what was mine, they scrubbed the others.

The chief even gave me his mobile number in case records were not cleared properly but I didn't get any more problems afterwards.

Nice guy, left me RM50 in my wallet "for next time."

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think I will not go to Malaysia for now until the dust has settled. Scary leh.

you can go AXS machine check see got summon or not, if have mayb stay away for a while. I think now they quite tight, looks like will have a lot of summon blocks coming up. -_-[laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

3 hours ago, Atonchia said:

“As of this morning, we managed to collect about RM611,000 in traffic fines and summonses at both locations," said Mohd Nadzri, adding that the amount collected is expected to reach RM75,000 by midnight."

They are so open about it. 

I still cannot get why morning collected  $600K then midnight expected to reach $75k. 

THE $500k turn into Cinderella? 

typo error lah, sld be RM750,000....

But really cannot imagine, easy easy can collect RM750,000 in 3 days.  If every week do 2 days road block, easy easy RM6 million one month, very fast got enough to build SG-JB MRT link liao...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Pmmj_mao said:

One in 2008, RM 300

Last one in 2011, RM 150

so looks like the latest update is summons tag to car number, @kobayashiGT take note hor.

I think even if you have the sales and purchase agreement with you also no use, one of my friend did had the agreement with him. Same response, 认车不认人, they only take reference to the car plate number....<_<[laugh][laugh]

if i am law enforcement 

i will also not take the transfer doc as proof which can be done with photoshop 5 mins job ... muahahaha

the best part is you kena summon but you did not cheong msia

someone swap plate and use your number ... muahahaha

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1