Driving through forest at night

Scion

chanced upon this interesting video in YouTube....

this guy drove through a forest (in his native Poland) alone at 3am

always like these kind of adventurous drives

but seems like there's no such routes in Singapore... maybe at Sungei Gedong there, but it's restricted

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

25 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

Looks quite build-up routes. 😁 Try Kranji, Neo Tiew, CCK areas lor. 🤣

Neo Tiew got one place you can actually go a little into the forested area after the road ends. Probably not legal though. And good luck if you get stuck or even if you're obstructed and you're not an excellent reverse driver. 

Edited by Turboflat4

9 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Neo Tiew got one place you can actually go a little into the forested area after the road ends. Probably not legal though. And good luck if you get stuck or even if you're obstructed and you're not an excellent reverse driver. 

Is it the Bahtera track?

The one that leads to a outward bound camp...

14 minutes ago, Scion said:

Is it the Bahtera track?

The one that leads to a outward bound camp...

Not sure bro. Possibly. Don't remember seeing signage but it was late at night /very early am. 

crazy lah. Do outfield never see enough of all these?

I've seen enough tropical "forest" for my entire lifetime in Tekong, Lentor, western training areas in my lifetime [laugh]

Try riding a 5 tonner with spoilt suspension for this... Every jolt will shake the teeth in your mouth [:p]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Not sure about now, but 30 yr ago if wanna try such things, can go to some of those tracks bordering/parallel to Lim Chu Kang Rd. Checking google map, it shows Jln Murai, Murai Farmway, Lor Malukut, etc.

These roads should be public roads and not the SAF restricted routes inside Area A-E, which would be out of bounds.

And you just reminded me of those good old days when we would move in SG's jungles in pitch darkness using BO lights in my M113, sometimes over pretty rugged grounds, so you can imagine the body swinging around sidewards and front/back 😅

Fun meh?

• Praise 4

Driving alone is a different experience mah

Anyway for that Polish guy, he has another clip showing he did the same route at night again, this time by foot

not in sg but took a turn off after segamat towards pahang, and entered a trail because of wrong pin on online map left by earlier convoy.

ended up driving alone from 9pm till 1am on a completely dark, deserted forest road very close to endau rompin national park. didn't see tigers or elephants but who knows what were around my car. If I had a flat, or even wanted to pee, it could be tragic. Had the radio on at full blast to avoid hearing creepy sounds 

• Shocked 1

35 minutes ago, Karoon said:

not in sg but took a turn off after segamat towards pahang, and entered a trail because of wrong pin on online map left by earlier convoy.

ended up driving alone from 9pm till 1am on a completely dark, deserted forest road very close to endau rompin national park. didn't see tigers or elephants but who knows what were around my car. If I had a flat, or even wanted to pee, it could be tragic. Had the radio on at full blast to avoid hearing creepy sounds 

wow... you must be very nervous then

couldn't u-turn and drive back onto the normal route?

1 hour ago, Karoon said:

Could have encountered Pontianak or even worse @RadX😂

Allow me to side track a little.

In my memory, the worst drive (not creepy) in Singapore has to be the old Kranji Dam in the late 70s. The green turf along Kranji Way is no where to be found, absolutely nothing except for a narrow 2 way carriage for vehicles to move in both direction, so it was sort of like driving through the sea, imagine doing that during heavy thunderstorm with practically no street lights... 

kranji_2.png

maxresdefault.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5