Electricity tariff to fall next quarter after rising to near 5-year high

kobayashiGT

1 minute ago, Davidtch said:

When i switched from SP to Geneco, i paid $30 less.

You can use SP app to check your daily electricity usage.

you mean even with geneco, can use SP check daily electricity usage?

Never knew that

↡ Advertisement

Just now, Galantspeedz said:

you mean even with geneco, can use SP check daily electricity usage?

Never knew that

Yup.

As SP use calendar month to track, it does not cut off nicely in accordance with your Geneco bill.

Need to agar agar on that.

Water & Conservancy comes from SP 

23 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Yup.

As SP use calendar month to track, it does not cut off nicely in accordance with your Geneco bill.

Need to agar agar on that.

Water & Conservancy comes from SP 

okie kumsiah

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Galantspeedz said:

Geneco

oic. I help my parents switch to ohm. 

But i haven't monitor the changes yet. hahaha

3 hours ago, Galantspeedz said:

i only know after switching provider, i had minimal savings. Unit price cheaper but i am being charged 30% more units. LPPL

Actually I am having the same issues but I have to admit I did use more recently, but whether 30% more is subjective. my consumption went up from 1000kw to 1300kw per month, back to 30% more , no more saving.  I wrote in to iSwitch asking for reading, they said must go back to SP . NB. 

Edited by Ct3833

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

When i switched from SP to Geneco, i paid $30 less.

You can use SP app to check your daily electricity usage.

Hi, do you have to pay for the app to obtain the reading  ? I am told must pay?  I used to save about $70 to $80 for a short few months but now back to square.

Edited by Ct3833

22 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Something fishy if switch here switch there and cost savings not realized....:ph34r:

How many of you monitor how much kwh used monthly?

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Actually I am having the same issues but I have to admit I did use more recently, but whether 30% more is subjective. my consumption went up from 1000kw to 1300kw per month, back to 30% more , no more saving.  I wrote in to iSwitch asking for reading, they said must go back to SP . NB. 

Where's your meter? You can read it yourself.

19 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Where's your meter? You can read it yourself.

the problem is the LCD is badly defective, it is not readable especially when the whether is hot.  I have already feedback to SP but nothing is done.   maybe i should go take some reading myself. 

since switching electricity provider, i have been submitting my own gas, water and electricity readings every month

nowadays very easy via sp app

😅

Edited by Enye

1 minute ago, Enye said:

since switching electricity provider, i have been submitting my own gas, water and electricity readings every month

nowadays very easy via sp app

😅

Nowadays, you can get daily reading of electricity meter le.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Kusje said:

Thanks. Skimmed through it.

The number of parameters stated as "determined by EMA" shows it isn't based on a fixed formula and not transparent.

Even if it were based on a fixed formula, the authorities will just use it as justification to overcharge you when the formula is in their favor. When the formula isn't in their favor, they will say market dynamics have changed and the formula is no longer relevant so need to change it.

On a less cynical note, happy to see that we are pricing based on HSFO which should be relatively cheaper once the new IMO requirements for low sulphur fuels kick in next year.

Hmmm... You have to understand EMA is the regulator here, there is no in their favor thingy here as they don't own any generation assets. The whole sector is liberalized and almost all of the players, except for the grid owner, is private sector players.   What would G change in the formula and to favor who? 

But it is also true electricity is critical to SG energy security, so G will always have right to nationalize the assets and step in when Singapore energy security is under threat. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

9 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Hmmm... You have to understand EMA is the regulator here, there is no in their favor thingy here as they don't own any generation assets. The whole sector is liberalized and almost all of the players, except for the grid owner, is private sector players.   What would G change in the formula and to favor who? 

But it is also true electricity is critical to SG energy security, so G will always have right to nationalize the assets and step in when Singapore energy security is under threat. 

But that doesn't gel with what you said about the regulated tariff being based on a formula and being transparent to all.

22 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Nothing to do with election. The regulated tariff is based on a formula and transparent to all. 

https://www.ema.gov.sg/Residential_Electricity_Tariffs.aspx

So the EMA as regulator can determine the tariff one way or another within the bounds of the so called formula. Who does the EMA report to? 

You ask why the G would change to favor and who they would favor? I reckon they are incentivized to favor the G.

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Kusje said:

But that doesn't gel with what you said about the regulated tariff being based on a formula and being transparent to all.

So the EMA as regulator can determine the tariff one way or another within the bounds of the so called formula. Who does the EMA report to? 

You ask why the G would change to favor and who they would favor? I reckon they are incentivized to favor the G.

Can't help you on this one.

↡ Advertisement