Do you earn S$7,500 gross a month

Vinceng

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

Errr.. not manager earn that much too.. look at service sector.. those manager smell 5k good oredi..

some sector gib u title big big pay not that fantastic de

True also la, non manger also can earn that much too. Depends on company salary scale, the person qualification. Example if a person is holding a master degree, surely he/she can earn $7500 even before 40, esp if work in a MNC company. 😂

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

True also la, non manger also can earn that much too. Depends on company salary scale, the person qualification. Example if a person is holding a master degree, surely he/she can earn $7500 even before 40, esp if work in a MNC company. 😂

Qualification cannot guarantee a fat pay cheque lah.  Employers don't exactly look at academic qualifications but specific skills-set for more senior level of hiring. You don't get many interviewers asking you about your academic achievements or what are your strengths and weaknesses. 😀😅😂

3 hours ago, Enye said:

wah... you sell tisu she sell toilet paper is it?

toilet paper earn more?

😅🤣

Frankly I dunno what she's doing.

She's a piece of shit that even my tisu can't wipe off

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

15 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Qualification cannot guarantee a fat pay cheque lah.  Employers don't exactly look at academic qualifications but specific skills-set for more senior level of hiring. You don't get many interviewers asking you about your academic achievements or what are your strengths and weaknesses. 😀😅😂

yes and no.

you try singtel, dbs, sembcorp, keppel, st eng, all govt agencies such as stb, edb, cpf, hdb, imda, etc

you got a nus/ntu degree with “merit” ....

the career path in managerial position to senior management (junior director level by before age 35)  is properly chartered with 2-3 years timely promotion unless you really cannot make it

and if you are “scholar” ... you are marked already ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

for me the academic is to land the first job.. second job onwards is about experience oredi.. on the assumption you stay for a decent period in first job.

my bro never have degree.. A level only.. but his pay is more than most degree or even mater degree holder as he is in specialized job..  my sister got double degree oso cannot match his.. me don say lah.. still looking for table to clean and discarded newspaper to collect..

Edited by Ody_2004
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Masters is quite useless, another hard truth that people don't seem to get. I hear people throwing money into various masters programs, especially MBA. The fact is only a tiny percentage of people will see any ROI in their masters investment. Take a look at the jobs available, how many need a Masters qualification? You're better off using the 50k to downpay a new conti car.

• Praise 4

48 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

True also. But depends on company la. Some company would look at your qualifications and some even see where you get your qualifications from and pay your salary accordingly. Doesnt mean if you have a degree will get a degree pay, must where your degree comes from. 😂

• Praise 2

41 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

for me the academic is to land the first job.. second job onwards is about experience oredi.. on the assumption you stay for a decent period in first job.

my bro never have degree.. A level only.. but his pay is more than most degree or even mater degree holder as he is in specialized job..  my sister got double degree oso cannot match his.. me don say lah.. still looking for table to clean and discarded newspaper to collect..

If refer to specialized job then no need to say liao. But if refer to general job, sometimes qualifications might still be useful, although not guaranteed. Lol.

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, flashbang said:

Masters is quite useless, another hard truth that people don't seem to get. I hear people throwing money into various masters programs, especially MBA. The fact is only a tiny percentage of people will see any ROI in their masters investment. Take a look at the jobs available, how many need a Masters qualification? You're better off using the 50k to downpay a new conti car.

See where you get your master from and what type of master lo. I think those engineering master from local university still useful. Only master which get from external learning is useless.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, flashbang said:

MBA is for networking. It’s important to get into the right school.

If I stay on in Beijing, I might take MBA @ PKU. 

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

May I know what are examples of "specialized jobs"?

• Praise 1

healthcare science ie work in labs, radiography, healthcare r&d, foods analysis, etc

petrochemical, oil and gas related field engineering?

aerospace engineering? 

marine engineering - there were big ads not long ago?

very specific building and construction new engineering

architects and surveyor - since so many big development projects?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

healthcare science ie work in labs, radiography, healthcare r&d, foods analysis, etc

petrochemical, oil and gas related field engineering?

aerospace engineering? 

marine engineering - there were big ads not long ago?

very specific building and construction new engineering

architects and surveyor - since so many big development projects?

yup but these can be quite general too..

specialized would be like an architects that only do hospital design.. mean only a handful in the field so can command alot $$$

• Praise 2

You need to choose your MBA school properly.  They are also careful in their selection. It is like an elite club.  Either you choose the best or you can skip this.

Do note, you do not need a MBA to advance in your career but it will helps if time is right.

Anyway, you could spend 100k over for a car, why not spend on your education. 

• Praise 3

On 10/3/2019 at 8:51 AM, Vinceng said:

Just live within your means and if one die die must buy a brand new car, get the cheapest Japanese car in SG - Mitsubishi Attrage @ $58,999 (Cars @ Expo promo).

It's not  a bad or "sia suay" car with 6 air bags and cruise control.

Wow, so cheap? Like the price of a watch?  Sure or not?  Dont make viceroymenthol’s toes laugh

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Bro, $7500 should be before 30 yrs old.

in fact if no $10k by 30 yrs old, jialat liao.

mediocre already.

dont believe? You go Watch thread and ask, mostly $40k per month at least, average around 35-40 yrs old

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

On 10/4/2019 at 9:26 AM, Enye said:

i also want...but i not high flyer in oil company like you leh

😌

You own the company, no more room to fly higher.

mai suan people leh, sifu @enye

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1