Do you earn S$7,500 gross a month

Vinceng

13 hours ago, Pangarans said:

Statistics dept of Singapore already given median income for individual and families. No need to guess. Let's refer to the numbers. 

A median is just the middle figure of a dataset. There is no context to it nor does it accurately represent anything other than being a “middle figure”.

I won't be so one sided to believe that most Singaporeans earns 7.5k by age 35 just by a meaningless median figure.

What is defined as "most"? Everybody's definition is different that's why context is important. See below. Greta Thunberg will 🙌

153F6B50-2ABA-4452-A605-AA268D00934B.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

10 hours ago, Scion said:

since you said it, show us the numbers then

most Singaporeans earn 7.5k by the age of 35yo

This is true.

Most Singaporeans earn RM7.5K by the age of 35. 😆

• Praise 1

Singaporean really rich, recently my company wants to hire an Automation manager (Water treatment industry), offer SGD9.6k/pm (Singaporean Only), no one wants to come[laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, MQX87511 said:

Singaporean really rich, recently my company wants to hire an Automation manager (Water treatment industry), offer SGD9.6k/pm (Singaporean Only), no one wants to come[laugh]

No wonder need to find FTs?! So dont complain job is taken over by FTs. [rolleyes]

24 minutes ago, MQX87511 said:

is it because all the automation managers out there are being paid 19.6k per month?

😬😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I have a friend who owns a volkswagen scirocco with 3.5k gross monthly pay all by herself. Makes me wonder how she did it.

Edited by Aventa
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Aventa said:

I have a friend who owns a volkswagen scirocco with 3.5k gross monthly pay all by herself. Makes me wonder how she did it.

If u save for 5+ years u can easily afford any car u like... A good bonus and done, easy.

During the 2008/9 time i nearly bought a 1yo scirocco and my salary then was ard there. But I got 5 mth bonus the prev year and 3 mth in financial crisis year (2008). Easily could afford dp when COE was so low

The only catch is u not gonna be saving anything for the next 6/7 yrs

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
20 hours ago, MQX87511 said:

Perhaps most Singaporean don't meet the job requirements? I believe most phv drivers would be happy to take the job if u hire them.

• Praise 1

I think I'm the last few to buy a car among my peers. Bought an used car at 31 y/o when first child was born. Didn't really see the need to own one before that. 

Yah, kind of agree that once you get to enjoy the "convenience", very hard to let it go.. I bought car is solely to improve mine and family's life. Nothing more.. I'm driving a COE car now btw. 

Cheers! 

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, yishunite said:

If u save for 5+ years u can easily afford any car u like... A good bonus and done, easy.

During the 2008/9 time i nearly bought a 1yo scirocco and my salary then was ard there. But I got 5 mth bonus the prev year and 3 mth in financial crisis year (2008). Easily could afford dp when COE was so low

The only catch is u not gonna be saving anything for the next 6/7 yrs

wah 10 years ago already 7.5k per month with 5 months bonus

now 22.5k per month with 15 months bonus?

👍😱

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Enye said:

👍😱

must ask MCF property guru why hdb $500K is justified .... EC $1M is justified ... PC $1.5M is sup sup water because

new grads come out $5K liao

2-3 years later $7.5K liao

before age 35 ... no $15K no talk la

Edited by Wt_know

9 hours ago, Aventa said:

She?...hmmm😜

• Haha! 2

I poor man drive 11 year old car. 

But who cares,  the price i paid is half of your brand new and twice the power.  

New car once key goes into starter is old car.  Old car spoil nevermind, new car heart pain.  And the next thing you want to know is someone hit and run.  Rub salt.. Haha

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Aventa said:

chio or not?

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

must ask MCF property guru why hdb $500K is justified .... EC $1M is justified ... PC $1.5M is sup sup water because

new grads come out $5K liao

2-3 years later $7.5K liao

before age 35 ... no $15K no talk la

I think you have not completed the full picture...

by age 45...risk of being retrenched due to high pay

by age 55...hard to find another high pay job to sustain high lifestyle... resort to driving PHV

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 10/9/2019 at 8:28 AM, MQX87511 said:

Water treatment need to have experience dealing with the govt and regulators, the good ones with these experiences for water works and sewage pumps are already drawing  15k. 

1 hour ago, Enye said:

👍😱

I wish 😅

I was refering to the 3.5k salary in the quotes... my salary was slightly less than that 😭

↡ Advertisement