Do you earn S$7,500 gross a month

Vinceng

46 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

I think you have not completed the full picture...

by age 45...risk of being retrenched due to high pay

by age 55...hard to find another high pay job to sustain high lifestyle... resort to driving PHV

Correction...

by age 45...GOT retrenched becos of your high pay. Company replaced you with Pinoy and ah neh who could (or so we assumed) do your job for < $3k per mth.

Could not find any new jobs due to your pay and age. End up driving PHV or doing Grab Food. 

By Age 55, completely deplete your savings due to your prior high expenditure. You are forced to sell your fancy Euro car at huge losses several years prior to make ends meet. Forced to sell your condo/landed properties at this age, downgrade to a resale 3 room flat. Your PHV income just not enough to cover even half of your monthly expenses. 

Wifey left you for a much richer and younger ang mo or PRC. Your children ignored you as well for they too were ashamed of your plight. You end up as a grumpy old man working hard for little money during your twilight years. 

This is a much more realistic scenario for sinkies right?

↡ Advertisement

11 hours ago, Aventa said:

I have a friend who owns a volkswagen scirocco with 3.5k gross monthly pay all by herself. Makes me wonder how she did it.

Why not? I see many people in their early 30s already can drive audi liao.

11 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Correction...

by age 45...GOT retrenched becos of your high pay. Company replaced you with Pinoy and ah neh who could (or so we assumed) do your job for < $3k per mth.

Could not find any new jobs due to your pay and age. End up driving PHV or doing Grab Food. 

By Age 55, completely deplete your savings due to your prior high expenditure. You are forced to sell your fancy Euro car at huge losses several years prior to make ends meet. Forced to sell your condo/landed properties at this age, downgrade to a resale 3 room flat. Your PHV income just not enough to cover even half of your monthly expenses. 

Wifey left you for a much richer and younger ang mo or PRC. Your children ignored you as well for they too were ashamed of your plight. You end up as a grumpy old man working hard for little money during your twilight years. 

This is a much more realistic scenario for sinkies right?

Wah... I thot my version already jin chiam...your version luggi chiam. Haha..

But sounds about right lah..from 25 to 55. 

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Audi is the new Toyota..haha.

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

A3 cheap cheap. Work a couple of years can easily afford one. 

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

Couple of years? High ses spotted 

I believe it is true. My vendor those engineers in their early 30s, two of them drive A3 and one drive Q2. 😂 So rich siah! Maybe they also come from a rich family?

13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I believe it is true. My vendor those engineers in their early 30s, two of them drive A3 and one drive Q2. 😂 So rich siah! Maybe they also come from a rich family?

A3 was going around $105k plus minus the past few months and the Q2 is $115k thereabouts. considered ex?

3 years ago when COE is $50k over a Jap car is already over $100k.

2 hours ago, Old-driver said:

A3 was going around $105k plus minus the past few months and the Q2 is $115k thereabouts. considered ex?

3 years ago when COE is $50k over a Jap car is already over $100k.

Maybe they bought that time, pricing really around $100k, thats why can easily buy audi?!

On 10/8/2019 at 2:25 PM, Cheefarn said:

Agreed. why can't you guys take public transport with kids in tow? Its a very lame excuse to squeeze your own finances dry by buying a 7 seater just becos you have kids.

Do not pamper your kids into believing its their given right to travel ard in pte cars since day one. They should be trained such that if they want a car, they need to know how to earn enough money when they grows up. If COE prices ends up at over $200k ea for Cat A and B at that time, well too bad. Our next generation just have to either migrate to other better countries or just shut up and submit to how things are in SG at that time. 

It's really a hassle when you bring a toddler out with a baby pram full of stuff. Have to wait a couple of rounds for the MRT lift as too many "unfit" personnel in Singapore. When u want to use the escalator instead, kena shoo-ed to use the lift. Need to take taxi and cannot take normal grab. Grab family more expensive and the bolster seat they provide don't know got wash or sanitise regularly or not, else later toddler kena HFMD.... a lot of considerations leh. I could go on and on about the pros of having a car when u have a toddler.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

A3 lao bei car.

Q2 is lease to own 😁

4 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Tua pow sian spotted. Usually such people dun even own the a3

bro, i own the a3. but coe one. anyone of us here can buy, but maintenance will kill.

↡ Advertisement