Do you earn S$7,500 gross a month

Vinceng

4 hours ago, Sunset73 said:

E250 is too high SES for me. I am a peasant. C180 or C200 will be good enough for me.

Coe altis still anytime better than a merc for reliability. 
the w204 c180/200 also has quite some issues. ECU can spoil. So can Steering lock and ignition unlock. The cam sprockets self destruct. 
these are unheard of in a jap. 

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Angcheek said:

This is first 10 yr or 2nd 10 cycle already since U said U using coe car 😁

Both are first 10 years. Earn much less than $7,500, cannot afford new Attrage, boh bian. 

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

the w204 c180/200 also has quite some issues. ECU can spoil. So can Steering lock and ignition unlock. The cam sprockets self destruct. 

Agree W204 not ideal for COE, I switched from w212 kompressor to w204, immediately felt the diff, drove for 1 yeat I switched back to w212. 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Sunset73 said:

E250 is too high SES for me. I am a peasant. C180 or C200 will be good enough for me.

E200 and e250 is ideal, it has  much better build then c class, but not over engineered  unlike the S class. When driving COE car there is no SES to talk about lah,  it is just an old car running on the streets.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

E200 and e250 is ideal, it has  much better build then c class, but not over engineered  unlike the S class. When driving COE car there is no SES to talk about lah,  it is just an old car running on the streets.

the overall cost you paid vs a new arttage in terms of depreciation and build level, comfort level is hard to beat.

The E class also has its usual gearbox issue to content with. Not at the same frequency as a Dry DSG, but has to keep up with the maintenance schedule regulary.

But the parts seems to last longer than the usual jap parts for merc if you dont get made in india ... 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

People always look at the higher end of the bell curve and assume that's the norm 

Eg, every remisier earn big like Peter Lim, or a HDB flat at Bishan can sell for 1m

Just because some engineers earn 7/8k at the start doesnt mean all engineers earn that amt

Sure, there are outstanding people around, but most people are average and medicore 

• Praise 4

12 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

the overall cost you paid vs a new arttage in terms of depreciation and build level, comfort level is hard to beat.

The E class also has its usual gearbox issue to content with. Not at the same frequency as a Dry DSG, but has to keep up with the maintenance schedule regulary.

But the parts seems to last longer than the usual jap parts for merc if you dont get made in india ... 

So far my 4 years of merc ownership has been good , the auto trans of my friend's w211 only failed at 330k km, not too bad. Hope w212 can be as lasting , my mechanic told me the 7G is  not a durable, not sure what is the basis of comparison though. 

On 10/18/2019 at 9:49 PM, Mkl22 said:

hmm. But i saw a lot still on the road leh

4 hours ago, Sunset73 said:

hmm. But i saw a lot still on the road leh

Pay to repair lor. Still the cheapest RWD 3 pointed star. 
matters to quite some people out there. Face face face! Hahaha. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

On 10/19/2019 at 7:01 PM, Scion said:

People always look at the higher end of the bell curve and assume that's the norm 

Eg, every remisier earn big like Peter Lim, or a HDB flat at Bishan can sell for 1m

Just because some engineers earn 7/8k at the start doesnt mean all engineers earn that amt

Sure, there are outstanding people around, but most people are average and medicore 

No leh

in MCF

$5000 per month is low low

$7500 per month low

$10000 per month is barely surviving

$15000 per month is good for COE jap car

etc etc

• Haha! 1

sounds about right

$16K per month still can buy SUBSIDISED EC ....

pay/buy toyota japanese car, can resale as lexus entry model ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

No leh

in MCF

$5000 per month is low low

$7500 per month low

$10000 per month is barely surviving

$15000 per month is good for COE jap car

etc etc

Nice try buddy

39 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Very nice try. You know how much this person is earning per year?

Guess??

750,000??

thb?

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1