Most noisy car fan

Thaiyotakamli

I noticed there are several makes that have super noisy fan. One of my previous cars also had this problem which is F10. At times it gets noisy until 20-30m away can hear the noise. 

My neighbour W221 also noisy but not as bad as f10

but today i found out the most noisy one which is jaguar E pace, the car havent come, i can hear the fan noise lol, 

so heres the ranking based on car model

1. Jaguar E pace

2. Bmw f10

3. Merc w221

is there any other model that have this same annoying fan sound? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

but today i found out the most noisy one which is jaguar E pace, the car havent come, i can hear the fan noise lol, 

this one really sibei loud.. car not here.. sound arrived first.. think the exhaust even quieter!

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

this one really sibei loud.. car not here.. sound arrived first.. think the exhaust even quieter!

Yah i thought he got lemon car lol

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah i thought he got lemon car lol

ya loh.. very ma lu to drive such car leh.. whahahahahahaha

• Haha! 2

32 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Maybe need to cool Batteries.?

• Praise 1

Most of the mercedes models have a loud fan when the engine just get started when the engine is still hot,  I believe they speed up the fan to cool the radiator, but after a while the fan noise will go away.

• Praise 4

5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Most of the mercedes models have a loud fan when the engine just get started when the engine is still hot,  I believe they speed up the fan to cool the radiator, but after a while the fan noise will go away.

But bmw sometimes fan goes up high even after drive. Very noisy. 

Same for jaguar E pace. That jaguar E pace feel like fan got prob. Always run high

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

ya loh.. very ma lu to drive such car leh.. whahahahahahaha

Yah that time i feel damn lao kui cos radiator fan really loud. People think that bmw sure got prob hahaha

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah that time i feel damn lao kui cos radiator fan really loud. People think that bmw sure got prob hahaha

Ppl think my Mini is diesel ka.

Tiak tiak tiak

• Haha! 2

This thread is about noisy fan right?

Recently my 6.5 years old car (B17 sylphy) stock fan broke and I changed it. My car has only 1 single huge fan that blows both radiator and aircon coil. They told me the replacement is an "original" fan, not oem one. Its damn loud and powerful and I don't remember the stock fan was this strong even when car was new.

I noticed the loud humming noise of the fan when I was parking car in MSCP and I thought it was the grass cutter guy downstairs. When driving outside I don't really notice but only when driving slowly inside carpark.

I have the habit of looking out of window while reversing to park and I noticed the dirt and rubbish on the floor under the car were flying around. I could feel the wind when I place my hand near the floor from the position of the driver seat. The fan is positioned right in front at the front grill and blows inwards.

While a powerful fan should be good for performance, but I wonder is it exceeding the specs.

2 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

Recently my 6.5 years old car (B17 sylphy) stock fan broke and I changed it. My car has only 1 single huge fan that blows both radiator and aircon coil. They told me the replacement is an "original" fan, not oem one. Its damn loud and powerful and I don't remember the stock fan was this strong even when car was new.

I noticed the loud humming noise of the fan when I was parking car in MSCP and I thought it was the grass cutter guy downstairs. When driving outside I don't really notice but only when driving slowly inside carpark.

I have the habit of looking out of window while reversing to park and I noticed the dirt and rubbish on the floor under the car were flying around. I could feel the wind when I place my hand near the floor from the position of the driver seat. The fan is positioned right in front at the front grill and blows inwards.

While a powerful fan should be good for performance, but I wonder is it exceeding the specs.

Cool down faster better. Less chance of engine overheating. Plus it works like a propeller and your car should go faster.

Why worry? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Twincharged

Just check if the fan always blows at this speed or varies? It also depends on your Aircon setting and the temp it has to cool from. 

• Praise 2

(edited)
On 7/5/2021 at 9:47 PM, Columbian78 said:

From my experience, not radiator fan though, mine was a coolant hose assembly and the radiator thermostat, they were basically leaking. I told the AD workshop that the coolant hose has white patches around the joints and for the thermostat there are a lot of blackish gunk around it. And immediately they told me there are better parts now and swap them for me foc. The parts design looked different cos I took pictures of them and compare the "before and after".

From there I realized not everything stock will be good. And they will change/improve the parts along the way.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

@Thaiyotakamli  Compared between F10 (2012)  & GLC facelift (2020), I would say the fan noise in GLC facelift is much louder (upto 90 DB) than F10. Complained to agent but they said normal.

10 hours ago, Silvermerc said:

@Thaiyotakamli  Compared between F10 (2012)  & GLC facelift (2020), I would say the fan noise in GLC facelift is much louder (upto 90 DB) than F10. Complained to agent but they said normal.

I notice merc also have loud fan noise but my old f10 was the loudest. Maybe spoil liao

↡ Advertisement