Intelligent Speed Bump

Thaiyotakamli

Here no fixed standard humps....shape, size all depend on the Blangadashi workers.  Some in main road force drivers to slow to below 30km/h on a 50km/h road. It wastes fuel, increases wear and tear. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Singapore is going for satellite ERP soon.  Most major traffic violations can be tracked via GPS.  Hence, such speed bumps are no longer critical.  There is no wear and tear maintenance and fines can be collected instantaneously.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

I find 3D painted road surface more effective in catching driver's attention and to slow them down. Save on investment and maintenance cost as well.

nintchdbpict000362916880.jpg

PioneerPothole.jpg?itok=EpHvuiLY

3-drawing-bucharest.jpg

• Praise 6

17 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I find 3D painted road surface more effective in catching driver's attention and to slow them down. Save on investment and maintenance cost as well.

nintchdbpict000362916880.jpg

PioneerPothole.jpg?itok=EpHvuiLY

3-drawing-bucharest.jpg

The big "pot hole" will cause some accidents in SG whereby many give more TLC to their car than their wife.  These people will come to a full stop and or swerve out to avoid damaging their made of paper suspensions.  Haha

• Haha! 3

I think a lot of road humps in small road and car parks need to change to a larger half circle type. The current one where the half circle is too small that resulted in cars going over will have a hard jump instead of go up and down gradually. 

Something like the picture below. That hump is less stressful to the car suspension. 

Screenshot_20191007_070039_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.8d8d2bf5c16084bd052278bf3c5a75d6.jpg

↡ Advertisement