Carpark Opposite Cineleisure Orchard Will Close In February To Make Space For Flea Markets & Pop-Ups

kobayashiGT

4 hours ago, Ronkovic said:

When you wanna park at this car park, got to prepare yourself for a lot of 'aerial bombardment' to your car. 

Way back in the 90's, nearby there was also the small car park in front of Somerset MRT Entrance next to Hotel Phoenix then (Currently occupied by 313 Orchard) which always had that same issue. Looks like that area is a favourite roosting spot for birds, and still is. 

Many years ago my favorite was the public carpark just outside Overseas Family School along Paterson Road. Weekdays/Sat free parking after 5pm and all day on Sun/PH. 

Practically 10 mins walk to orchard road only.

The carpark is now TEL MRT construction lot liao and the sch moved to pasir ris 😔

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You heng la, first your car window left a gap which can lower down the hanger, then lucky someone can lend you a hanger cause how often you can find driver with hanger inside their car de. Lastly your skill also quite good la, if not you also cannot unlocked the lock with the hanger. Lol. Carrying spare key sometimes also no use, if you left your bag inside the locked car. Cause i have experienced before. [sweatdrop]

I remembered being very grateful and thankful then too.

One of those times in life i felt there are really kind ppl. What kind? The good hearted kind.😂😂

Have a nice week. Take care 

Safe ride

Cheers 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

People going there can park at nearby malls, dont think it will affect much?!

That's like saying there won't be an impact if the hawker center near your house is closed down because you can head over to the cafes in the estate.

1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

Haha...the memories.

I locked my keys inside car with engine running. And i had a movie to catch with 3 friends in an hour.

Car was bombed with bird shxt by the time the movie ended.

Had to drive to a car wash before paintwork gets permanent tattoos. 

Never parked there again.

So i am one of those who won't be missing it😅😂😂😂

Safe ride

Cheers 

Wow, that sure sounded like the epitome of a day gone wrong! But I guess the bird poo barrage is the always the highlight of that place. In my case, people were probably amused to see some dude desperately pouring water and placing numerous damp tissues all of the 'hits' to loosen the soiled areas before rinsing it off before rushing off to get the car washed...  

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Kusje said:

That's like saying there won't be an impact if the hawker center near your house is closed down because you can head over to the cafes in the estate.

Hawker centre closed down have big impact la, cause hawker centre is a daily necessities le. But that orchard carpark i dont go there everyday de. [:p]

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

I remembered being very grateful and thankful then too.

One of those times in life i felt there are really kind ppl. What kind? The good hearted kind.😂😂

Have a nice week. Take care 

Safe ride

Cheers 

True la, there are indeed good hearted kind people out there, even though nowadays it seems like many people are sell fish.

8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Hawker centre closed down have big impact la, cause hawker centre is a daily necessities le. But that orchard carpark i dont go there everyday de. [:p]

So it isn't that there is no impact.

Just no impact to you.

This car-lite movement really kicking into high gear. I'm sure some must have noticed that recently quite a number of HDB/URA carparks being closed. The one at Kallang as well.

Anyway town area is not supposed to have cheap parking. This kind of high density area, they really are pushing for people to use public transport.

But I still think they should have more carparks in and around the fringe areas (Newton, Novena, etc), so people can park and ride in. Sometimes you really do need a car if you carrying things.

• Praise 1

They closed Sungei Road to open one at Orchard Road .... :slow:

Might as well leave Sungei Road untouch.... :omg: 

Should have kept it as Heritage attraction place. Tourist wants to see the 50's of Singapore history....  [cool]

• Praise 2

49 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

It will just turn into a food market. Food food food.

But not cheap as usual. 

Rainbow n unicorn $10 drinks for everyone! 

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

It will just turn into a food market. Food food food.

But not cheap as usual. 

Turn into a food market then no business and close down after few years down the road. [rolleyes]

Internal Moderator

I don't think the flea market in grange road will work in Singapore. We don't have the market for night market unlike Thailand or Taiwan. You see bugis street, i don't think it is thriving there and it is only aim at the tourist.

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

I don't think the flea market in grange road will work in Singapore. We don't have the market for night market unlike Thailand or Taiwan. You see bugis street, i don't think it is thriving there and it is only aim at the tourist.

Becos everything here is $$$$$$$$. But si ginnah nowdays alot of $$$ to throw, so shd be ok. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

14 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Thats why most of the things they do all doesnt last long de. 

Edited by 13177

13 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

they are trying v hard to bring back the crowd to Orchard.  

But how much are they going to rent the flea stalls for?  too expensive, no one will take.  As usual, i suspect it won't be cheap, and in the end, the project is a flop. 

Internal Moderator
40 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Becos everything here is $$$$$$$$. But si ginnah nowdays alot of $$$ to throw, so shd be ok. 

Like that throw at me leh. haha. I don't mind they throw at me.

30 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Like that throw at me leh. haha. I don't mind they throw at me.

they throw brick den u know

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1