Carpark Opposite Cineleisure Orchard Will Close In February To Make Space For Flea Markets & Pop-Ups

kobayashiGT

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

I don't think the flea market in grange road will work in Singapore. We don't have the market for night market unlike Thailand or Taiwan. You see bugis street, i don't think it is thriving there and it is only aim at the tourist.

No rental confirm a lot of taker.

My neighbourhood will have night market once in a blue moon.  Quite crowded le.

↡ Advertisement

26 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

No rental confirm a lot of taker.

My neighbourhood will have night market once in a blue moon.  Quite crowded le.

Neighborhood pasar malam once in a blue moon still can attract some crowds from residents de. Although the stuff they sell nothing to see also. Lol. 

31 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Neighborhood pasar malam once in a blue moon still can attract some crowds from residents de. Although the stuff they sell nothing to see also. Lol. 

Long q at Ramly Burger.

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Last time pasar malam can survive. My parents will wait for the pasar malam at my neighbourhood to buy like tilam since it is so inconvenient to transport it.  I belong to the poorer ones so last time when I was young, I sleep tilam one. hahaha.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

Long q at Ramly Burger.

Maybe only this stall have business? The rest also not much business? Lol.

39 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Last time pasar malam can survive. My parents will wait for the pasar malam at my neighbourhood to buy like tilam since it is so inconvenient to transport it.  I belong to the poorer ones so last time when I was young, I sleep tilam one. hahaha.

Same same le. When i was young, i always very excited when i see pasar malam near my house, and my parents also go there to buy tilam, pillows and bolsters. If no see pasar malam, then tilam, pillows and bolsters used until inside cotton squash liao also cannot change. [sweatdrop] :D

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
45 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Same same le. When i was young, i always very excited when i see pasar malam near my house, and my parents also go there to buy tilam, pillows and bolsters. If no see pasar malam, then tilam, pillows and bolsters used until inside cotton squash liao also cannot change. [sweatdrop] :D

Ya lor. those were the days. haha. the muah chee and $1 popcorn is a must. 

I also like how taiwan have their night market. very vibrant and variety. some of the clothes you find there cannot find in the mall. So it becomes a must to go there to walk.

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Ya lor. those were the days. haha. the muah chee and $1 popcorn is a must. 

I also like how taiwan have their night market. very vibrant and variety. some of the clothes you find there cannot find in the mall. So it becomes a must to go there to walk.

Yes, muah chee, popcorn and tu tu cake. Esp i love the tu tu cake sell at pasar malam. :a-happy:

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

last time pasar malan can buy xxx vcd

• Haha! 2

It has been more than 20+ years since my place here have pasar malam.

My car was one of those that kena aerial bombardment. Immediately drove to car wash and never ever parked there again.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

Cineleisure empty, Heeren empty, Centrepoint empty, 313 and Central retail also not doing that well. Now want to start what street pop up stalls?!?

I bet this “pasar malam” gonna be another hipster joint selling expensive food minimum $5 a pop. You bring a small family easily $50 gone eating small street bites. Stall rental rates confirm orchard road prime location. 

The most “authentic” night market in Singapore IMHO is Mustafa Centre and it’s surroundings. Period. 

• Haha! 1

The birds can have the space. 

From the sounds of it, every driver knows the hidden cost of the cheap parking space there is a carwash that you would inevitably have to go for after you are done.

When the cars leave, and the flea market comes...... all I can say is, bring an umbrella, and not because you are protesting and there are riot police but because you don't want to be heading for the restrooms washing off bird poop.

Hope the authorities have a plan for the bird problem.

• Haha! 1

Not many locals nowadays frequent orchard road anyway. One fewer reasons for me to go cineleisure or orchard gateway/central. Might as well do my shopping and movies at waterway point near my house.

Edited by Wondertree
  • Praise 1

On 10/9/2019 at 7:57 AM, Macrosszero said:

The birds can have the space. 

From the sounds of it, every driver knows the hidden cost of the cheap parking space there is a carwash that you would inevitably have to go for after you are done.

When the cars leave, and the flea market comes...... all I can say is, bring an umbrella, and not because you are protesting and there are riot police but because you don't want to be heading for the restrooms washing off bird poop.

Hope the authorities have a plan for the bird problem.

If they closed the carpark there and the trees still stay put, then indeed good luck when go flea market during the evening time. 😓